Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree111Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-01-2020, 20:03   #106

Re: The weather around the world has gone mad

The only way the policies of de-industrialisation will work is by reducing the global population to a pre-industrial level (which was about three quarters of a billion). So in order to save civilisation they will need to lose over six sevenths of the world's population in order to achieve a "sustainable" planet. Seems like the disease is preferable to the cure.
Jimmy Clitheroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-01-2020, 10:06   #107
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
This does not stop them wanting their parents to run them about in their cars,

This I personally can confirm, leaving here at 7.30 in the morning to get to work, the traffic is a nightmare as Mumsy & dadsy take their darling prodginy to be educated, I get to work about 7.57.

Same journey in reverse evenings leave at 18.10, home by 18.30, 7minutes not a lot but that's 7 minutes of burning extra "Devils Elixir" (Diesel)5days a week = 35mins killing polar Bears & melting Ice caps multiply by 4ish= 2hrs20 a month multiply by 12!!!!

I'm gassing pedestrians, killing the Poliebears & destroying the Arctic for over a day every year according to the bed wetting, self loathing, lefterist, wankeratti, extinctionists!!

Me alone through the week, god help us if they calculated my week-end sins into that equation.
Old 25-01-2020, 10:15   #108

Odd how those who want to preach to the rest of us are so secretive and lack transparency. Anyone in the public eye should be prepared to be subject to scrutiny and criticism.
Old 25-01-2020, 10:53   #109
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

they are nothing but a load of cretins, creeps, who have influenced a child who is sick.
Old 25-01-2020, 22:09   #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
they are nothing but a load of cretins, creeps, who have influenced a child who is sick.
To quote an old cliché - I blame the parents. From the report there is an inference that the parents knew the Google Page Ranking man who has rocketed their daughter to "stardom" before his alleged spotting of her. The whole thing whiffs of something not right but any criticism is met with allegations of pestering a poor (the family are quite wealthy btw), defenceless (she seemed to have greater security than your average premier), unwell (this 'mutism' thing seems a bit like tourettes - some made up "medical" excuse for angry, nasty people to be angry and nasty), little girl (try calling your average teenage daughter a little girl and see the response you get) - something more sinister is hiding behind this façade only they won't own up to who and why.
Old 26-01-2020, 09:11   #111
Beacon of light

Prince Charles was lauding this girl, yet he has flown countless air miles over the last few days.
His carbon footprint must be huge....but it is OK....the current fears about the spread of the
Coronavirus will soon stop folk jetting about needlessly....it is going to see off a few million all over the world, so it will prune the overpopulation a bit.
I wonder if this will put a smile on the faces of the woke climate change protagonists.

Just an aside.
This Coronavirus is supposed to have come from space....and has landed on earth because of reduced sunspot activity which weakens the earths barrier of magnetic force, keeping away these harmful viruses.

Or maybe it landed because of climate change....or maybe we affected the sunspots with our carbon emissions
I will let you all pick the bones out of that soup.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2020, 12:08   #112
God Member

Great find, Jimmy. I came across it too t’other day.
What’s most worrying is that not a single agent of the MSM (main stream media) even appear interested in looking into the story behind Greta inc.
None of the established news outlets, CNN, CBS, ABC, FOX, BBC, SKY - pick your TLA, none of them do anything more than push press and Google Page Ranking releases from Greta inc, unchallenged.
George Orwell really got it spot on about the manipulation of the mass media, it’s just the year he got slightly wrong.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2020, 12:37   #113
Beacon of light

While I had not seen this video before(and isn't it an eye opener when it comes to how the reporter is treated - that alone should ring great bonging alarm bells) I have read stuff about how this child is being manipulated by corporate business with Green energy agenda's.
Her parents are culpable in this.
As for the school strikes....I bet the vacuous children that join them all over the world do not know that she attends a school where attendance is NOT obligatory....that pupils are allowed to miss school if they have a mental health episode.
So her school strike is bogus....but this is not reported at all....so she is also complicit in manipulating the youth all over the world.
She is also responsible for the burgeoning mental health issues affecting young people who believe everything they are being fed.
This information is being reinforced by celebs and governments who feel unable to challenge what this child is saying.....they do not wish to be seen as bullying a mentally compromised girl.
This is the greatest 'emperors clothes' manipulation ever.....and it is commercially based.
Old 26-01-2020, 14:08   #114
God Member

It’s beyond pathetic. Or is it insidious?
Of all the hundreds of thousands of words on Wikipedia, etc about St.Greta, there is no information about the actual school she allegedly attended, and from which she allegedly went on strike.
I googled ‘which school did Greta Thurnberg attend’ and found nothing, except articles like these two, which seem to accept it’s a wonderful idea for children to skip school, from allegedly reliable media outlets.

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/ar...pulsory-school

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/scie...hool-1.4060190
Old 26-01-2020, 14:46   #115
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

well the Irish Times is nothing but a joke. certainly dont view em as reliable. the irish independant was a far better news outlet.
Old 26-01-2020, 15:09   #116
Beacon of light

A comment in the Irish times says that she has science on her side.
This is not exactly true.
Scientists have been wrong so many times in the past and it was shown that the studies done in Cambridge a few years ago were hugely flawed because the inputting of information had been skewed.
They formulate algorithms to create computer models and these then spew out results.....but rubbish in means rubbish out.
But we are not encouraged to have this view, let alone express it.
Being labelled a climate change denier is almost as bad as being labelled transphobic or racist.....not permitted in this PC world.

And yes...it is insidiously manipulative.
Old 26-01-2020, 18:38   #117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
.....not permitted in this PC world.

And yes...it is insidiously manipulative.
..and could possibly get one into bother with electrical goods retailers too !!!
Old 29-01-2020, 19:45   #118
God Member

Four legs good, two legs bad?

https://www.spiked-online.com/2020/01/29/green-racism/
Old 29-01-2020, 20:27   #119
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Ye gods this is all getting just a little bit silly!
I forsee some white middle class spoilt brat demanding in the media that all black people should be punished if they swat a mosquito, from now on they must allow it and the diseases it carries to thrive in their natural environment.
The worse thing about such a suggestion is of course that all the other white middle class spoilt brats will jump on the bandwagon and demand it becomes international law.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2020, 20:44   #120
Beacon of light

Less, all of it pathetic virtue signalling.....proclaiming themselves to be better than the hoi polloi.

Like Prince Charles(he was 'woke' long before the phrase was coined... though I prefer the term 'nutty') who had flown gooodness knows how many miles in a private jet to meet up with and laud St Greta the Manipulated, over her speeches and making the world take notice of her business motivated agenda(well not here exactly, but the CEO of Google Page ranking who is making a lot of money out of her).

It used to be the mention of the EU or that Bercow creature that put my hackles up...but now it is her with her sanctimonious twaddle.

I need to find a cave somewhere lonely.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..