Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree111Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-01-2020, 20:51   #121
God Member

Re: The weather around the world has gone mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Ye gods this is all getting just a little bit silly!
I forsee some white middle class spoilt brat demanding in the media that all black people should be punished if they swat a mosquito, from now on they must allow it and the diseases it carries to thrive in their natural environment....
Less, it’s already happened.
In 1972 the pesticide DDT, the most effective pesticide against malaria, was banned by the then recently formed Environmental Protection Agency in the USA after Rachel Carson’s book, ‘Silent Spring’, claimed it would result in a cancer epidemic that would affect ‘practically 100 per cent’ of the human population.
This ban was made despite the EPA’s seven month hearing concluding that ‘DDT is not a carcinogenic hazard to man...’.
Rachel Carson is a goddess to the Eco-Fundamentalists and was recently lauded as such on BBC Radio 4.
However, there are some who suggest that her book, by inspiring this ban, has indirectly been responsible for millions of deaths from malaria.
But, maybe because of where these deaths occur, the white middle-class eco-warriors are OK with it.
Less and monkey hanger like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-01-2020, 20:58   #122
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

You'll find all the caves occupied by other accywebbers trying to do the same thing so you won't be lonely.

Last edited by Less; 29-01-2020 at 21:00.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2020, 21:01   #123
Beacon of light

Well Exile...maybe she is trying to exercise some sort of population control....since people are (allegedly) one of the biggest causes of climate change.

Since this outbreak of Coronavirus in china I am sure there will be fewer flights taken...fewer journeys made...more deaths Mother Nature is doing her bit to assist St Greta in her efforts.

and I know that this may seem to be in very bad taste...or at best not politically correct, but I am not a newsreader on ITN
monkey hanger likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2020, 21:02   #124
Beacon of light

Quote:
You'll find all the caves occupied by other accywebbers trying to do the same thing so you won't be lonely.

As long as they are like minded and do not live on vegan food...I can live with that.
(vegan food is notorious for causing 'botty shouting)
Old 01-02-2020, 18:12   #125
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Being labelled a climate change denier is almost as bad as being labelled transphobic or racist.....

Really Ma? I see it more of a confirmation that I'm on the right track.
Old 01-02-2020, 19:26   #126
Beacon of light

Yes Son, we are both on the right track...the emperoro has no clothes on and a pretty sight it aint!
DaveinGermany likes this.
Old 01-02-2020, 19:34   #127
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Of all the hundreds of thousands of words on Wikipedia, etc about St.Greta, there is no information about the actual school she allegedly attended, and from which she allegedly went on strike.

Kringlaskolan (bless you!) Södertälje Stockholm, mate. But your translator will be spitting feathers for very little information.
Old 06-02-2020, 15:27   #128
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

So what do we do with the waste from Pringles?
How can we save the world when there is a delicious product we can’t resist packed with :-
A plastic lid, a foil seal, a cardboard tube & a metal base. Recycle what? Come on be honest if we care about the environment (which I don’t very much) then manufacturers should put things in easily separated components that can be sorted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 15:44   #129
Beacon of light

Less, the manufacturers do not care either.
Once the product reaches you it ceases to be their problem.
And for those who say that manufacturers DO care....this is just corporate virtue signalling...they don't care REALLY....well, as long as consumers continue to buy the product.
Old 07-02-2020, 07:49   #130
God Member

Quote:
So what do we do with the waste from Pringles?
I’ve always thought Pringles were recycled waste.
Compared with a decent potato crisp, they feel to me like something that’s already been eaten by someone else.
I guess if you have no teeth, eating a ‘crisp’ that melts in the mouth is ok.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 09:53   #131
God Member

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;1236493]Well Exile...maybe she is trying to exercise some sort of population control....since people are (allegedly) one of the biggest causes of climate change.

funny how all other animals do not breed once there is any danger to their homes and food supply. if they do not like rabbits then disease hits em.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 09:57   #132
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
funny how all other animals do not breed once there is any danger to their homes and food supply. if they do not like rabbits then disease hits em.

Might have something to do with not being able to go down the Soesch, for a hand out.
Old 09-02-2020, 10:24   #133
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Might have something to do with not being able to go down the Soesch, for a hand out.
please do not get me going dave. its sunday and a day of rest. wonder whats done on a wet and windy weekend nowadays.
DaveinGermany likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 15:04   #134

I was wondering how Extinction Rebellion Vegans can reconcile their beliefs. If we stop eating beef then there will be more and more moo-ing things creating more greenhouse gases (cows already account for 16% of them apparently) so those of us who eat beef are actively helping reduce CO2 emissions.
Jimmy Clitheroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 15:31   #135
Beacon of light

I think they know that if we all went vegan(no beef, no milk, no cheese, no animal meat at all) then farmers would not raise these animals....but what a dreary life it would be.

Anyway, Mother Nature is doing her best to pare down the population with coronavirus.

A reduction in population would reduce greenhouse gases.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..