Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree111Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2020, 15:57   #136
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: The weather around the world has gone mad

I would be very happy if Mother Nature would pare down the Extintion Rebellion clowns.
Old 10-02-2020, 16:36   #137
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
A reduction in population would reduce greenhouse gases.
But I bet it wouldn’t reduce greenpeace gas much.
Exile on Spencer St is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 20:31   #138

Quote:
I think they know that if we all went vegan(no beef, no milk, no cheese, no animal meat at all) then farmers would not raise these animals....but what a dreary life it would be.
In the interim you'd have millions upon millions of cattle that are no longer of use that would be counter acting all that 'hard work' those activists have done in putting up our energy bills and forcing us into dodgem cars with every emission of wind.
monkey hanger likes this.
Jimmy Clitheroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 07:05   #139
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Clitheroe View Post
In the interim you'd have millions upon millions of cattle that are no longer of use that would be counter acting all that 'hard work' those activists have done in putting up our energy bills and forcing us into dodgem cars with every emission of wind.
If we all stopped eating meat the farmers would have a massive cull and turn everything into fertiliser so that they could grow more cabbages and other fart food.
This would be a very expensive turn of events leading to starvation and death for a large number of people.
Under these circumstances I for one wouldn't turn my nose up to a Sunday lunch of roast leg of vegan though I do wonder if it will go down well with Yorkshire puds?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 09:06   #140
God Member

vegans, extinction rebellion, greenpeace etc etc just why do they get so much hot air time.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 09:44   #141
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
If we all stopped eating meat the farmers would have a massive cull and turn everything into fertiliser so that they could grow more cabbages and other fart food.
This would be a very expensive turn of events leading to starvation and death for a large number of people.
Under these circumstances I for one wouldn't turn my nose up to a Sunday lunch of roast leg of vegan though I do wonder if it will go down well with Yorkshire puds?
Less, of course a roast leg of vegan is going to go with Yorkshire pudding.
Yorkshire pudding goes with all roasts.
Roast Vegan....mm, that is what the cannibals call 'long pig' so maybe a bit of sage and onion stuffing and apple sauce would be good too.

The pre-occupation with vegan food leaves me cold.
And vegans look so thin and miserable....well, that should be no surprise....how can you be joyful eating lentils and tofu?
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 09:50   #142
Beacon of light

Another question is....why do vegans want to eat fake sausage rolls and steak bake(or as I prefer to call the 'fake' bakes)
If they are vegans, then they will have no experience to compare one of these travesties to the taste of real steak in puff pastry....nor any experience of what a good(preferably home made) sausage roll really tastes like either.
Don't appropriate the names to the vegan alternatives....call then what they are....a lentil and chemically flavoured pastry...or a pea protein and chemically flavoured slice.
Old 11-02-2020, 10:01   #143
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

I know I've mentioned it before but I enjoy a good vegetable soup or a vegetable pie but if the package is labelled vegetarian instead of vegetable I won't buy it just another of my little prejudices against these strange creatures.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 10:09   #144
God Member

Quote:
And vegans look so thin and miserable....well, that should be no surprise....how can you be joyful eating lentils and tofu?
honestly i have only met one of these people. when she became a vegan i didn,t see much of her as she was off sick more than at work. each to their own but do not keep pushing your lifestyle in the media on me as i have more interest in watching a silent film with my eyes covered than the vegan way of life.
Old 11-02-2020, 10:35   #145
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
I know I've mentioned it before but I enjoy a good vegetable soup or a vegetable pie but if the package is labelled vegetarian instead of vegetable I won't buy it just another of my little prejudices against these strange creatures.
I regularly make a vegetable soup....firstly to use up vegetables that are not at their best....and some folk would throw them in the bin, secondly it makes a lovely warming lunch with a sandwich, but I use a chicken stock base....or sometimes a beef stock base.....so would be unsuitable for vegetarians.....and vegans would not like it either(not on a taste basis, but on an ideological basis).

I think these folk should live through tough times, where they have not the money to be so fussy....it would be either eat it or starve.
Have you noticed how this vegetarian food and vegan food is at premium prices.

When I was growing up, my Ma would make huge pans of 'cardboard' soup.....it was lentil and bacon and it was not pleasant.....had it had no bacon in it it would have been worse.
Less likes this.
Old 11-02-2020, 13:55   #146
God Member

I wonder if this new propaganda output is going to be paid for by the cash raised by reintroducing the TV licence fee for older pensioners?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/51456549
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 11-02-2020, 15:58   #147
Beacon of light

More brain rinsing for the children.
It is institutionalised virtue signalling of the highest order.
Old 11-02-2020, 17:52   #148
God Member

Quote:
More brain rinsing for the children.
It is institutionalised virtue signalling of the highest order.
It’s political grooming.
Old 11-02-2020, 19:10   #149
Beacon of light

I have tights older than this girl....and they probably have more sense than her too.

All that siad, it really is NOT her fault.
She is the unwitting pawn of those who would profit from 'green supporting industries'.
You know...those firms that will be quids in when we are forced to give up our gas central heating in favour of electric...when we ditch petrol driven cars for the electric versions....
No one has yet come uo with sensible ideas as to how all this Electric power will be sustainably(greenly) generated.....Wind power is not going to cut it.

Boris would be better giving up on building a bridge to Ireland and concentrating all his efforts on generating electricity from tidal power....now that might make some sense.
Old 12-02-2020, 09:09   #150
God Member

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;1236919]
No one has yet come uo with sensible ideas as to how all this Electric power will be sustainably(greenly) generated.....Wind power is not going to cut it.

terrorists will love the idea of the whole country being reliant on onle one form of power. a few well placed bombs across the country and we,ll be in trouble.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..