Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-01-2013, 08:56   #16
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: stoopid stoopid stoopid

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Think they call that give and take Mick or should I say take and give
It isn't often reported but it does happen, that some people mainly from Nigeria try very hard to steal peoples identity just so they can pay their Council tax for them.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-01-2013, 09:31   #17
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
It isn't often reported but it does happen, that some people mainly from Nigeria try very hard to steal peoples identity just so they can pay their Council tax for them.
Ah are you one of the lucky ones Less
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2013, 10:45   #18
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
give it 12 months an all our enquiries will be dealt with by a call center in india by someone called bert with a female voice and a very poor grasp of english

so at least we have improvements on the horizon then :-)
It could be an Indian called Peter.
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2013, 13:30   #19
God Member

Quote:
give it 12 months an all our enquiries will be dealt with by a call center in india by someone called bert with a female voice and a very poor grasp of english

so at least we have improvements on the horizon then :-)
We can get around that in Canada ... because this is a bilingual country, we are always offered the choice of service in English or French. If you opt for French, you get routed to a call centre in Canada, where all the operators can speak both languages fluently. The operators are so used to this little trick that they quickly switch to English if you are struggling with French.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2013, 14:16   #20
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
We can get around that in Canada ... because this is a bilingual country, we are always offered the choice of service in English or French. If you opt for French, you get routed to a call centre in Canada, where all the operators can speak both languages fluently. The operators are so used to this little trick that they quickly switch to English if you are struggling with French.
say you want english then speak to the indian call center in french and see what happens

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2013, 14:52   #21
God Member

Quote:
say you want english then speak to the indian call center in french and see what happens
Probably get someone who speaks lousy Spanish.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2013, 14:57   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Probably get someone who speaks lousy Spanish.
Keh? (ish).
Old 28-01-2013, 12:23   #23

I thought this little episode might fit nicely with Accymans thread.

I had to go to my Doctors this morning, he signed me off sick.

Now as many of you know I've been on Job Seekers, so you'd think transferring from one benefit to another should be reasonably straight forward.

Oh, no, wrong again Less.

I took my sick note down to the joke shop and showed it at reception, Ah, you need to fill in form such and such o.k. says I where can I get that?
Oh no problem I'll fill it in for you now.
Name addy, Insurance number length of time signed off as ill.
Right there you go, all done she said.
Goodness me I replied I expected it to be a little more complicated to transfer benefits that's marvelous. Oh dear me no, that's not a transfer, that's just us stopping your money, you will now have to make a fresh claim for Employment Support Allowance.

Right, so can I do that here?

No you ring this number they will fill it in over the 'phone, send you the form to check and sign, you put the sick note in with the form and once they've processed it you'll be informed about being, entitled, or not. (The last part was said very quietly, I don't think she really wanted me to hear that).

Can I ring from here?

No our 'phones are for Job seekers only, you'll have to go home and ring from there.
Old 28-01-2013, 12:34   #24
Senior Member+

So in the meantime you don't get any money off anyone?
How did you stop yourself from screaming?
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2013, 12:51   #25
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
Easy, he's off sick with Laryngitis
Less likes this.
Old 28-01-2013, 13:04   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
So in the meantime you don't get any money off anyone?
The little I understand is, that whatever I was entitled to up and until filling in their form this morning, I will be paid, how much and when well, ???

As for when a decision will be made about my new claim to get whatever, whenever, I've no idea. It will be delayed, because, well, I'm ill by the time I got home, I made a brew, and collapsed into, there, there, it will all be better in the morning mode.

No point in me screaming, No-one hears you scream when you're filling out forms.
Old 28-01-2013, 16:10   #27
God Member

apparantly the ESA assement folk ATOS have been decalring people who are dead fit for work .

Is your illness more severe than death because if not you may be in for a rough time

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2013, 17:29   #28
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
I thought this little episode might fit nicely with Accymans thread.

I had to go to my Doctors this morning, he signed me off sick.

Now as many of you know I've been on Job Seekers, so you'd think transferring from one benefit to another should be reasonably straight forward.

Oh, no, wrong again Less.

I took my sick note down to the joke shop and showed it at reception, Ah, you need to fill in form such and such o.k. says I where can I get that?
Oh no problem I'll fill it in for you now.
Name addy, Insurance number length of time signed off as ill.
Right there you go, all done she said.
Goodness me I replied I expected it to be a little more complicated to transfer benefits that's marvelous. Oh dear me no, that's not a transfer, that's just us stopping your money, you will now have to make a fresh claim for Employment Support Allowance.

Right, so can I do that here?

No you ring this number they will fill it in over the 'phone, send you the form to check and sign, you put the sick note in with the form and once they've processed it you'll be informed about being, entitled, or not. (The last part was said very quietly, I don't think she really wanted me to hear that).

Can I ring from here?

No our 'phones are for Job seekers only, you'll have to go home and ring from there.
Marvelous how wonderfully helpful they were with you Less, what would be so hard to sort your case out in one visit and without all the flaming red tape, mind you, if they started doing that they'd never justify going on marches about job cuts would they, if the public sector was run on the same lines as the private sector they could use half the staff, but shushhhh they don't want you to hear that
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2013, 18:21   #29
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Marvelous how wonderfully helpful they were with you Less, what would be so hard to sort your case out in one visit and without all the flaming red tape, mind you, if they started doing that they'd never justify going on marches about job cuts would they, if the public sector was run on the same lines as the private sector they could use half the staff, but shushhhh they don't want you to hear that
One minute you want the government to create jobs for people, next minute your saying the government have too many people doing those jobs.

You can't have it both ways.
Old 28-01-2013, 18:23   #30
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
One minute you want the government to create jobs for people, next minute your saying the government have too many people doing those jobs.

You can't have it both ways.
Don't talk silly, he's a Tory.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..