Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree124Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2017, 09:04   #61
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Madeleine McCann

Quote:
Originally Posted by accybeme View Post
Tony Bennett is still paying costs for the book he wrote
Thought he was a singer not n author?
Old 03-10-2017, 10:37   #62
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Thought he was a singer not n author?
now your talking about a man with a voice. but maybe were going off topic.
here's a link to the Tony Bennett I was referring too. What Really Happened to Madeleine McCann? 60 reasons which suggest that she was not abducted
Less and cashman like this.
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 16:52   #63
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by accybeme View Post
now your talking about a man with a voice. but maybe were going off topic.
here's a link to the Tony Bennett I was referring too. What Really Happened to Madeleine McCann? 60 reasons which suggest that she was not abducted
Slowly working my way through the link, plenty to take in, however I wonder about how the parents weren't hung drawn and quartered by the press, plenty of other neglectful, can't be arsed leave them with a fiver disgusting parents have.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 10:09   #64

A total of £12 million plus an extra £154,000 has been given to search for this child, this does not include the millions of pounds already spent on trying to find out where she is.
Good money after bad. If we have this amount of money to give away, then why are we not funding Home Care in the Community, which is failing badly.
My dad had Home Care in 2003, he only accepted it to help my mam, the Carer's did there best, but I can tell you it was not a good experience
hilleluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2018, 12:31   #65
Full Member+

Here we go again !!!! Police have requested more money for their search. Last year in April they were granted £85,000 and then in Sept another £154,000. The funding was supposed to run out last March but these two grants take them to this March. I find it totally unacceptable that public money is being used on this case when only the other day families with seriously ill children were refused funding for vital drugs. If Madeleines parents want the search to continue they should fund it themselves somehow. It was reported in the press there is £750,000 in their Find Maddy Fund why is that not being used. It was their responsibility when she went missing and it their responsibility now to pay for the search. Enough is enough.
Rowlf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2018, 12:50   #66
Senior Member+

Well said Rowlf. I’m with you all the way on that.
Old 13-02-2018, 12:55   #67
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

I think most sensible people would agree 100% with that.
Old 13-02-2018, 13:58   #68

Why were her parents never prosecuted?If ever there was a case of wilful neglect, this is it.If you or I had left their 3 year old child alone whilst we went out dining and drinking we would rightly have been found guilty of neglect and given a few years inside. Who is protecting this despicable couple from the punishment they rightly deserve? Instead of spending thousands of pounds on this futile search, why is there no enquiry into their culpable misdemeanours?Its not a question of what you know , it’s who you know, Who is protecting these horrible apologies of human beings?
monkey hanger likes this.
Jim Procter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2018, 14:38   #69
God Member

do not and never got this mccann business right from the start. spoke to plenty of others plus posters on here seem to feel the same. something just aint right and i do not think there would be a public outcry if they were prosicuted for the initial child neglect. joe and jane blogs from a council estate certainly would.
cashman and Jim Procter like this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2018, 00:22   #70
Senior Member+

More money needed for the inquiry squad to spend more time on the Iberian Peninsula, in the sunshine, top hotel no doubt and all expenses paid. How many policemen/women could that amount of money put on the beat.
They should have been charged with child neglect and any other charges that could be brought - all for the sake of a few pounds to pay for a baby sitter out of their substantial salaries.
Old 14-02-2018, 10:12   #71
Full Member+

I agree with you Barrie about the police enjoying the time in Portugal. Our money should not be spent on jollies when children need vital drugs to keep them alive. The money in the fund they set up should be used not public money. As you say they could have afforded a baby sitter. Their jobs have had something to do with all this. If it was some couple who worked in Asda they would definitely not had all the help they have had.
cashman and monkey hanger like this.
Old 14-02-2018, 10:17   #72
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

That is something i have always said, got stick by some on here fer saying it,a few years ago, like that bothers me.
Old 14-02-2018, 10:25   #73
Full Member+

Well anyone in their right mind can see this for what it is. He is a surgeon and she is a GP you're not telling me they do not have contacts in places me and you would not have and that they have not used these to their advantage. Where has the £750,000 in the fund come from? Should that not be used for what it was intended? Does not seem fair to the people who donated it if it is not used for the search. There must be a lot of families who have had children go missing through no fault of their own and they must feel so angry that the same level of help has not been available to them. I know I would be fuming if it was me.
Old 15-02-2018, 08:59   #74
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowlf View Post
There must be a lot of families who have had children go missing through no fault of their own and they must feel so angry that the same level of help has not been available to them. I know I would be fuming if it was me.
think everyone would get the same help from the police at the start of the search , but lower down the pecking order you are there is less chance of it continuing like this case.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2018, 11:32   #75
Senior Member+

I’m sure if I was in a similar position to the McCanns I would be using the money donated to try to find the daughter, that’s what it was donated for.
When that was Used I would then spend my own last penny to continue the search.
Unless the McCanns are afraid of what will finally be the answer.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..