Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree124Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-02-2018, 15:28   #76
God Member

Re: Madeleine McCann

think the actual life of the little kid seems to have been lost in all the mccann talk.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-02-2018, 22:25   #77

I don't think there has ever been a case that has caused so much debate. Lets not forget if it was one of our children I'm sure you all feel as I do that no stone would be left unturned and if there was a fund set up to aid the search then I would use that too. Having said that in all my years of parenting and grand parenting I can safely say I have never left a toddler and two babies alone in a locked room while I large it up around the pool with my wife and mates. As to what really happened well only Madeleine and the perpetrator/s know the answer to that. I have never understood why British Police are investigating a crime that occurred in another country. That's down to the Portugese Police. What it did do which was a good thing was raise the plight of other missing children abroad whose cases prior to this got little if no support, from the Police or government, I am thinking particularly of the little lad that went missing in Cyprus. Also if I remember correctly when they returned to the UK Madeleines parents were interviewed by social services but nothing happened because if I remember correctly they said what happened was outside their jurisdiction. Now lets be right two people left three children alone while they larged it up. One child vanishes. They come back to the UK and nothing. One thing I am sure of is that if the parents in question had been ordinary working class folk, there would have been no investigation abroad and social services would have taken any remaining children into care as the parents had demonstrated gross negligence in relation to their safety. As I said its highly debated topic and will always remain so with people polarised one way or the other as to who is responsible and what really happened.
cashman, Rowlf and monkey hanger like this.
Old 01-03-2018, 09:47   #78
God Member

don,t think people are polarised by the mccanns. most i know feel sorry where the kid is concerned but have not much time for the parents saying stuff like you have put in your post.
Old 01-03-2018, 13:22   #79

I think the whole McCann issue is a marmite thing. There is no middle ground. People stand on either one side or the other. Several years ago a friend of mine and I nearly came to blows over this because this for that very reason. Rest assured this will be being debated for decades to come long after most of us and dead and buried.
Old 01-03-2018, 13:23   #80

and your right monkey hanger. At the end of the day we should never forget that a child is still missing.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 01-03-2018, 16:21   #81
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Joe View Post
and your right monkey hanger. At the end of the day we should never forget that a child is still missing.
And that no charges have ever been brought against the parents for neglect
Old 27-03-2018, 09:16   #82
Full Member+

Well I see the police have been granted yet another 6 months 'jolly' in Portugal with £150k
to spend. When on earth is this lunacy going to end ?
Rowlf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2018, 11:37   #83
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

It makes me wonder WHY? other children have gone missing oer the years, what must parents of anyone whose child has vanished think?
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 27-03-2018, 17:35   #84
Senior Member+

Long sun drenched, long cold drink fuelled days, all paid for by you and me. Just wish I got long holidays like that. No wonder the investigation team want to keep it going - and we are short of police. What a joke, I don't think.
cashman, Rowlf and monkey hanger like this.
Old 29-03-2018, 22:19   #85

After so long a case has to be reviewed by a senior officer to ensure all lines of enquiry are being followed and to make recommendations as to other lines to be explored and to review staffing levels budgets etc. I would like to know what these positive lines are? And also if the British Police are investigating this why have the Mcanns not been arrested and interviewed in relation to child neglect? After all if they had been parenting properly the simple fact is that whatever happened that night would not have happened in the first place.
cashman and Rowlf like this.
Old 30-03-2018, 07:43   #86
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
It makes me wonder WHY? other children have gone missing oer the years, what must parents of anyone whose child has vanished think?
probably never get past the local papers and news. one kid went missing years ago from south yorkshire maybe in create. only ever hear about it on look north yorkshire.
Old 30-03-2018, 09:05   #87
Senior Member+

If, in UK a couple went out to the pub or a meal and left 3 very young children on their own in and unlocked house they would no doubt have been charged and the children taken into care. I have always wondered why the McCanns have never been charged?
Old 30-03-2018, 10:11   #88
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
If, in UK a couple went out to the pub or a meal and left 3 very young children on their own in and unlocked house they would no doubt have been charged and the children taken into care. I have always wondered why the McCanns have never been charged?
isn,t there actually a law stating the minimum age any child can be left without adult supervision. if not there used to be.
Old 30-03-2018, 11:13   #89
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
isn,t there actually a law stating the minimum age any child can be left without adult supervision. if not there used to be.
No MH, there is no law just an advisory statement.

https://www.gov.uk/law-on-leaving-your-child-home-alone
Old 30-03-2018, 13:58   #90
Full Member+

Well there jolly well should be such a law. In any case leaving 3 young children alone
while parents go out enjoying themselves is neglect in my book !! Rules for some and rules for others. I hate that. I would like to know what the parents are doing with all the donations towards a search they received. Why should the taxpayer be funding it? There must be several families in this country who have had a child disappear .Goodness knows what they must feel like when all this public money is being spent on the one child. I know I would be furious.
cashman and monkey hanger like this.
Rowlf is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..