Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2013, 19:56   #1
God Member

Imperial Pub

Can't see anything mentioned, looks like the Imperial on Blackburn Rd is now consigned to the history books. Been up for sale for a while and seemed to open occasionally. All boarded up today. Been told it won't re-open as a pub.
Old 08-07-2013, 20:00   #2
Super Moderator

Re: Imperial Pub

Another old haunt gone...sad.
Old 08-07-2013, 20:10   #3
God Member

Michaela(sp), the woman who had it last only took over whilst the brewery decided what they where doing with it (she's had one or two other pubs in town), she left at weekend, the building is slowly falling down, she told me that there have been several cracks appearing in the building in the short time she's been there, she said the building 'groaned' at night and frightened her half to death when she was upstairs on her own, spent many a night in there myself over the last ten years, wasn't one of the nicest pubs in town but I always had a good night there
Old 08-07-2013, 20:16   #4
God Member

Apparently it has been sold
Old 08-07-2013, 20:32   #5
Full Member+

They were loading furniture in the back of a van when I drove past at 5.00 today.
steve2qec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 20:42   #6
Senior Member+

Michaela posted on facebook yesterday that she was gutted. She has put a lot of effort into it over the last few months.

The views expressed here are my own & are not necessarily those of the site.
AccyJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 20:55   #7
Senior Member+

It would interest me to see the deeds and 'abstract of title' of this old pub. Might you contact Michaela to enquire who has them AJ?
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 22:15   #8
God Member

Its owned by the brewery I think Bob
Old 09-07-2013, 09:29   #9

The Imperial (Pub) 122 Blackburn Road. Accrington. Lancashire | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
wadey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 14:56   #10

Not a regular haunt of mine at all but my 1 abiding memory of the place would be watching the very first national lottery draw take place and winning a tenner , and thinking this lottery business is a peice of cake !!!
Stevie R likes this.
Old 10-07-2013, 13:59   #11
God Member

labour didnt want us going in pubs and set about destroying teh pub trade and the cons have kept it up by not only backing up the no smoking rules but now blaming the strain teh NHS is under on people who enjoy a weekend pint after slogging their guts out generating tax for the country

at one point government was blaming cows farting for the ozone layer so how long before blame is put on us and curry or beans get banned lol

give it 10 years and we will be eating plain bread with government approved butter and bottled water

anyway shame to see yet another pub bite the dust by teh time my lads 18 there wont be any left i will have to celebrate his birthday and passage to adulthood with a can from tesco if its still allowed that is

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 10-07-2013 at 14:02.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2013, 15:07   #12
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dobson View Post
It would interest me to see the deeds and 'abstract of title' of this old pub. Might you contact Michaela to enquire who has them AJ?
Just spoke to Michaela. It used to be calico, but they went bust. Now the receivers have it until the sale goes through.

The views expressed here are my own & are not necessarily those of the site.
AccyJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2013, 08:04   #13
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
labour didnt want us going in pubs and set about destroying teh pub trade and the cons have kept it up by not only backing up the no smoking rules but now blaming the strain teh NHS is under on people who enjoy a weekend pint after slogging their guts out generating tax for the country

at one point government was blaming cows farting for the ozone layer so how long before blame is put on us and curry or beans get banned lol

give it 10 years and we will be eating plain bread with government approved butter and bottled water

anyway shame to see yet another pub bite the dust by teh time my lads 18 there wont be any left i will have to celebrate his birthday and passage to adulthood with a can from tesco if its still allowed that is
and by that time teh might well have graduated to the
flashy likes this.
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2013, 15:12   #14

nowt to do with the sale or boarding up. but a long time ago must be 40 years or so, who ever had the pub, had the dirtiest minor bird ever,it could swear for England, most probably regulars learning it, it could also crap 20 foot through the cage sides , no body dare sit near it, === will anybody remember it?
janloot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2013, 16:26   #15
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by janloot View Post
nowt to do with the sale or boarding up. but a long time ago must be 40 years or so, who ever had the pub, had the dirtiest minor bird ever,it could swear for England, most probably regulars learning it, it could also crap 20 foot through the cage sides , no body dare sit near it, === will anybody remember it?
Do I ??? thanks for reminding me.
lindashanks2 likes this.
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..