Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-11-2013, 16:27   #1
Junior Member+

disgrace

what the hell is happening to the coppice... it was once one of the few places people could walk locally with dogs that seemed relatively untouched.. now there are so called improvements taking place which seem to involve making tame paths which were uncalled for and making a general muddy bog out of it all.. don't tell me it offers access .. I cant climb trees but no one has offered me a gibbon

Last edited by floodlight; 28-11-2013 at 16:29.
floodlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-11-2013, 11:22   #2
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Re: disgrace

I think the paths they have put on the Coppice are really good. If you want to walk off track there you still can do.

Why would anyone think improving the paths and access is a bad thing?
Do you have some other agenda that your post is leading up to?

Everyone involved is doing a great job and finding funding for some of the work done isn't easy, well done to them I say.
susie123 and Stevie R like this.
Old 29-11-2013, 12:08   #3
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by floodlight View Post
what the hell is happening to the coppice... it was once one of the few places people could walk locally with dogs that seemed relatively untouched.. now there are so called improvements taking place which seem to involve making tame paths which were uncalled for and making a general muddy bog out of it all.. don't tell me it offers access .. I cant climb trees but no one has offered me a gibbon
Well maybe you can walk around unaided but a lot of folks would welcome a few paths. As for a bog, have you tried laying paving slabs etc? As the saying goes you can't make an omelette without breaking eggs - it will be fine once the dust has settled, to use another cliche.
Old 29-11-2013, 13:01   #4
I am Banned

Quote:
The whole purpose of paths is to prevent erosion by people creating their own routes up and down the hillside.
susie123 likes this.
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2013, 13:13   #5
Senior Member+

Quote:
There are lots of places where you can take your dogs for a walk, the area is full of woods, rivers and public footpaths.
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2013, 13:47   #6
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
. it was once one of the few places people could walk locally with dogs that seemed relatively untouched..
You need to open your eyes a little and look where we live, there are miles and miles of public footpaths that are muddy and horrible at this time of year if that is your preference
Old 29-11-2013, 14:44   #7
Junior Member+

bloody typical.. the response I expected..
Old 29-11-2013, 14:48   #8
Senior Member+

I haven`t been up the coppice for a few weeks so haven`t seen what they have done but if it`s to improve accessibility for those who struggle to get up there then what`s the problem.
Old 29-11-2013, 14:48   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
bloody typical.. the response I expected..
That means sulking cos no-ones agreed wi yeh. bloody typical of some folk that.
Old 29-11-2013, 15:06   #10
Junior Member+

great moving staircases up great gable perhaps while were at it lets get rid of all those tricky places were people find if difficult to get to.. lets make it civilised and easy and doff our caps and tug our forelocks to the funding that has made it possible.. pah I have no need to sulk old timer,, simply because I don't really care what the opinion is
Old 29-11-2013, 15:25   #11
Senior Member+

Some info here of what the plans are -
Peel Park and the Coppice - Improvements to the Coppice
http://www.hyndburnbc.gov.uk/downloa...2013-_2014.pdf

Seems very little being done at the top, paths leading up to and around, but the main area is not being touched. So still plenty of space for dogs to exercise.
maxthecollie likes this.
Old 29-11-2013, 15:40   #12
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
great moving staircases up great gable perhaps while were at it lets get rid of all those tricky places were people find if difficult to get to.. lets make it civilised and easy and doff our caps and tug our forelocks to the funding that has made it possible.. pah I have no need to sulk old timer,, simply because I don't really care what the opinion is
That explains exactly what sort of guy yeh are, ME.ME,ME.
jaysay and Eric like this.
Old 29-11-2013, 15:48   #13
I am Banned

Quote:
Maybe you need to broaden your horizons and your mind young fella...?
Have a look at this.
Walk: Bowland Fells (From Lancashire Telegraph)
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2013, 15:51   #14
Senior Member+

Quote:
what the hell is happening to the coppice... it was once one of the few places people could walk locally with dogs that seemed relatively untouched..

Why are people walking dogs more important than the majority of us? Most of the people who go up there probably just want a pleasant walk.

don't tell me it offers access ..Why not? It does.

I cant climb trees but no one has offered me a gibbon

No need.You seem quite capable of gibbering yourself.
Quote:
great moving staircases up great gable

What an excellent idea, I haven't been able to get up there for years!
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2013, 15:54   #15
Senior Member+

At last he has had something to say - must be trying to maintain his average number of posts, 5 per year since he joined

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..