Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree198Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2014, 17:10   #136
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Re: All The Best To You Graham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Does GJ think?
To keep his lacky happy I will be positive in this post.

Yes, I'm positive he thinks, what he thinks seem's to be that 95% on AccyWeb should keep their mouths shut unless they are singing his praises or repeating the bits of bull he comes along to feed us every now & then.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-07-2014, 17:30   #137
God Member

Re: All The Best To You Graham

Quote:
Seeing as I asked this question yesterday at 17.09...if I had held my breath I would be dead by now.
I know better than to hold my breath when asking a question to a politician.

i checked the site you posted earlier and it hasnt been updated yet so theres either not been any more signatures or they are just behind schedule

mind you he says he often reads the posts on here so id take it he hasnt seen you worthy of answering just yet but also please bare in mind it took weeks for him to explain himself over the EU referendum and it also took a few days to take a pot shot at myself

taking these factors into consideration id expect a reply within 4 days to 8 weeks as an estimate

perhaps if you say you saw a mosquito acting suspitiously you may get a faster response with all teh iminent danger of malaria in hyndburn ...

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 08-07-2014 at 17:33.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 17:40   #138
God Member

Quote:
I know better than to hold my breath when asking a question to a politician.
Or wasting it by asking a question in the first place?
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 19:21   #139
Beacon of light

No breath was wasted in asking this question...no breath was used...just fingers tapping away critically
nicola68 likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 20:16   #140

I have written to Graham (via email) requesting that he sign the petition telling him that I find it seriously worrying that he has not yet signed this.. I will await his response (but I too will not hold my breath for a positive response)
Old 09-07-2014, 04:56   #141

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
I suppose a frightening thought could be how a newly elected MP may be groomed into making career busting mistakes of almost any kind, just so they can be controlled from the very beginning.
The Palace of Corruption, Westminster, no wonder politicians should never be trusted.
Another thought along the lines of the 'peoples representatives' being far more in the know than the rest of us, if they do have the dirt on each other isn't it just a little hypocritical in the house to address each other in such terms as 'My Honorable Gentleman'?
Alan Varrechia likes this.
Old 09-07-2014, 10:36   #142
God Member

Quote:
Another thought along the lines of the 'peoples representatives' being far more in the know than the rest of us, if they do have the dirt on each other isn't it just a little hypocritical in the house to address each other in such terms as 'My Honorable Gentleman'?
always seems in a sarcastic tone when said though and would explain all the laughing

when you see them acting up and mimicing behaviour of a chimpanzees tea party it does make you wonder how serious any of them take running this country

maybe we should switch providers like we can with gas and electricity

comparethegovernment.com ...simples
Less and Alan Varrechia like this.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 10:40   #143

Once every 5 years we get the chance to change faces, but the mouths all spout the same no matter which team they support.
Old 09-07-2014, 11:41   #144
Beacon of light

How can you tell when a politician is lying?
His mouth is moving.

My anti-cynicism pills have stopped working.
Cashy - I know I said I would share them with you but they are NBG.
Old 09-07-2014, 12:15   #145
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
isn't it just a little hypocritical in the house to address each other in such terms as 'My Honorable Gentleman'?
Always thought it was "Honourable Member", I'd suggest a few minor changes. Firstly, if they insist on using the much abused word "Honourable" it should at least be pre-fixed with "Dis", failing that, they should just simplify it by using only the word "Member", think that'd about do it.
cashman likes this.
Old 10-07-2014, 19:49   #146
Senior Member+

All The Best To You Graham

I don't think anyone who keeps an eye on local matters would suggest I've done little locally.

I do support an investigation. It needs to cover all relevant issues responsibly and there's nothing wrong with giving the scope of that investigation some consideration.

PS Just written a national piece on LabourList this evening that might be interesting.
g jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 20:04   #147
Beacon of light

If you do support the investigation why was you name not in the list of those MP's who backed this investigation?

The investigation needs to cover all the relevant issues...and be transparent, so that the general public have faith in the investigation. I think many of the general public feel that there will be a closure of ranks and a whitewash that will shut us all up.

Although how you can have a full inquiry when files and dossiers have been carlelessly lost(or worse) disposed of.
Can't you see and appreciate how distrust has arisen?
nicola68 likes this.
Old 10-07-2014, 20:38   #148
Senior Member+

All The Best To You Graham

We are talking about an inquiry going back decades. Can't see it happening today. Begs a question about nostalgia?

I refused to sign the 3rd party inquiry not because I didn't want an inquiry but because they wanted to bounce people and it was unclear what options were the best (judicial of non judicial for eg), the scope and direction, ie wandering off in wrong direction, investigating individuals and accidentally compromising their potential conviction (police job?) or parliamentRy inquiry about collective responsibility. Whether it would run for years, a year or months? Lots of fair questions that needed answers before going further. Also needed to make sure innocent people weren't named and destroyed because people want names.

Of course they said I didn't want an inquiry because I didn't sign THEIR petition which was untrue and for an organisation supposedly seeking the truth rather spoilt their credibility. Signing up to such an org doesnt sound a good idea to me even if the cause is worthy. Some MPs signed it just to get them off their backs. Surely that can't be right either?
g jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 21:02   #149
Beacon of light

Well, I am not talking about nostalgia. I am talking about the sexual abuse of children, and the possibility that there has been a cover up for decades because those who were involved considered themselves to be elite and above the law....because they WERE the law and the law makers. As such they had the powers to do this with ease.

And your convoluted reply to my question gives me no confidence.
It wasn't just MP's from one party on the list that I saw.....it was a mix of MP's from across parties......and when someone is tardy about giving their support to something which will probably never reach any concrete conclusions, you have to wonder why there was the delay.....and of course, you draw your own conclusions.
Well, at least, I do. I am sure I am not alone in this.
Less, nicola68 and Eric like this.
Old 10-07-2014, 21:30   #150

Re: Re: All The Best To You Graham

Quote:
Originally Posted by g jones View Post
We are talking about an inquiry going back decades. Can't see it happening today. Begs a question about nostalgia?

I refused to sign the 3rd party inquiry not because I didn't want an inquiry but because they wanted to bounce people and it was unclear what options were the best (judicial of non judicial for eg), the scope and direction, ie wandering off in wrong direction, investigating individuals and accidentally compromising their potential conviction (police job?) or parliamentRy inquiry about collective responsibility. Whether it would run for years, a year or months? Lots of fair questions that needed answers before going further. Also needed to make sure innocent people weren't named and destroyed because people want names.

Of course they said I didn't want an inquiry because I didn't sign THEIR petition which was untrue and for an organisation supposedly seeking the truth rather spoilt their credibility. Signing up to such an org doesnt sound a good idea to me even if the cause is worthy. Some MPs signed it just to get them off their backs. Surely that can't be right either?
We are talking about people that used power and influence to get away with sex crimes against children, I doubt that those abused will be calling their memories anything like nostalgia.
As I write this you are still on line, so can I ask are you for or against the conviction of anyone that has abused children no matter how long ago it was.

Or

Have you become someone that thinks one law for the powerful and just screw (physically and metaphorically) the innocent.
Stop dithering and giving us bull, why are you against catching and punishing these wrongdoers?
nicola68 likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..