Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree32Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-03-2014, 19:09   #31
Full Member+

Re: R.i.p. Tony benn

His views on immigration were based on attracting the elite brains of Europe to our companies to develop cutting edge technologies, not attract dirty scumbags who want to spend their days picking the pockets of ordinary working folk.
Not a do-gooder but a man with vision, unlike our current shower of leaders who couldn't organise that proverbial drinking session in a beer manufacturer's.

http://www.studiosoft.co.uk

Family History - Can you help to fill in the gaps? - http://www.hodgkinsonclark.co.uk
Hodgkinson, Clark, Baxter, Gardner, Spilman, Ward, Lofthouse, Fowler, Westwell

Last edited by Morecambe Ex Pat; 16-03-2014 at 19:10. Reason: Intrusion by the punctuation police
Morecambe Ex Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-03-2014, 14:05   #32
Resting in Peace

I once spent half an hour chatting to Tony Benn in the Green Room at Granada studios, we obviously disagreed politically but was a very very interesting man to speak to.
Old 22-03-2014, 14:23   #33
Beacon of light

John...John, welcome back. Ooh I have missed you.
I hope you are feeling better.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2014, 14:27   #34
Full Member+

Welcome back Jaysay, hope your well.x
Old 22-03-2014, 16:36   #35
JCB

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I once spent half an hour chatting to Tony Benn in the Green Room at Granada studios, we obviously disagreed politically but was a very very interesting man to speak to.
Best wishes , John .

I have mixed feelings about Tony Benn .

I have no doubt that he was a man of integrity who believed that politics could make the world a better place , and who was very much opposed to making personal attacks on other politicians , preferring to stick to debating ideas and not personalities .

But after the 1979 General Election defeat of Labour I did not find his antics within the Labour Party at all appealing .

In fact I would say that he was foremost among Labour politicians who made Labour unelectable , which in its turn led to 18 years of Conservative Rule and ultimately the creation of New Labour . Not a good legacy .

Any way , best wishes again John .
DAV007 likes this.
JCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2014, 16:43   #36
Super Moderator

Great to see you back, mate!
Old 22-03-2014, 16:56   #37
God Member

Hey there John ... you are still a misguided, blinkered tory; but I missed you It's great to hear from you again.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2014, 17:11   #38
God Member

Come to think of it ... C'mon seems to have gone missing ... I hope he's ok and that he will pop up now that Jaysay's back. It hasn't been the same on here without those two going at it.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2014, 17:57   #39
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Hey there John ... you are still a misguided, blinkered tory; but I missed you It's great to hear from you again.
Aye, welcome back jay, I'll settle for your partisan fuzzy logic anytime over some of the unedifying posts being regurgitated on another thread.
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2014, 18:14   #40
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Hello Fella! Good to see you back again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Come to think of it ... C'mon seems to have gone missing ...
Yin-Yang Eric, that or Siamese twins.
Old 27-03-2014, 10:48   #41
God Member

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2014, 16:53   #42
JCB

Any chance that this thread could be integrated with the " The Labour Gravy Train Thread " ?

William Wedgewood Benn , Labour M.P. , and father of Tony Benn , or Anthony Wedgewood Benn , Labour M.P

Tony Benn , or Anthony Wedgewood Benn , Labour M.P and son of William Wedgewood Benn , Labour M.P.

Hilary James Wedgewood Benn , Labour M.P. and son of Tony Benn , or Anthony Wedgewood Benn , Labour M.P. , and grandson of William Wedgewood Benn , Labour M.P.

And we haven't finished yet .

There is Emily Sophia Wedgewood Benn , granddaughter of Tony Benn , or Anthony Wedgewood Benn , Labour M.P.

She was an unsuccessful Parliamentary candidate in the 2010 . She was the youngest Parliamentary Candidate at the 2010 General Election .

Oh , she was a Labour candidate by the way .

Second thoughts .

Perhaps there should be a new thread , " The Benn Gravy Train " .
JCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2014, 10:33   #43

I like Tony Benn but he cannot be forgiven for shutting down the pirate radio stations
Wynonie Harris likes this.
wadey is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..