Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree52Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2014, 08:49   #106
God Member

Re: Bigoted or free speech

great i was going to watch the clip but you went and ruined the ending

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-06-2014, 09:51   #107
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
Things were more relaxed 'back in the day'.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigger_(dog)

So sad, Nigger gets run over
My mum said she had a cat called Nigger in the forties, noone batted an eyelid in those days (this was in Liverpool). It's nickname became Niggyboo. I don't think you'd get on the vets patient list with it these days though, can you imagine sitting in the waiting room for the vet to come in calling its name!
Accyexplorer likes this.
Old 01-06-2014, 12:42   #108
God Member

How comes the Duke of Edinburgh's never been sacked?

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 14:19   #109
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
How comes the Duke of Edinburgh's never been sacked?
Every court has to have it's jester, he has that position by Royal appointment.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 17:25   #110
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
great i was going to watch the clip but you went and ruined the ending

Sorry for spoiling it a, Nigger does die...

.....But his siblings picaninny, Sambo and Golly all lived to a ripe old age

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2014, 20:01   #111
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

And next on the lefty/offendee bonfire, one Mr Dave Whelan of the "Lattics".
Old 21-11-2014, 20:32   #112
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
And next on the lefty/offendee bonfire, one Mr Dave Whelan of the "Lattics".
Maybe if he had said that, culturally, Jews and the Chinese value education and have a strong work ethic, nobody would have been offended. It's all in how one expresses it these days. PCism is BS. Free speech is more valuable than the sensitivities and the mock outrage of what you call "offendees" ... And don't go insulting lefties; I've been one all my life Seems like some folks are aping muslims; they are offended by just about everything ... well maybe not everything ... public beheadings seem to be cool ... oh, and charging rape victims with adultery ... and flying planes into big buildings ... and etc., etc. ........... Amazing what "troubled youth" gets up to these days.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2014, 20:42   #113
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
And don't go insulting lefties; I've been one all my life
A thousand pardons Effendi! Mayhaps (as you also mentioned, it's all in the expression/execution) I should have said "Lefty whining liberals"?
Eric likes this.
Old 21-11-2014, 20:57   #114
God Member

Quote:
A thousand pardons Effendi! Mayhaps (as you also mentioned, it's all in the expression/execution) I should have said "Lefty whining liberals"?
Now that I can agree with.
DaveinGermany likes this.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 18:56   #115
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

JC once again in bother. I wonder which ethnic minority/ sexual orientation/ race/nationality/ whinging lefty liberal has been upset this time?

BREAKING: Clarkson suspended from Top Gear
Redraine likes this.

Last edited by DaveinGermany; 10-03-2015 at 18:58.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 19:12   #116
God Member

the whingey leftie lot have had their sights on clarkson for a long time and it looks as though they have found someone weak willed enough to cave into their demands

it seems to be trendy to slag off top gear and jeremy clarkson it happens a lot on tv quiz shows such as mock the week and that russle howard muppet.The audience clap along like morons yet its probbably them that watch the show and keep it one of the most viewed shows in the united kingdom

im begining to think that most of the viewers of teh show are people looking to be offended because theres no where else to go to be offended to the level they desire

if they dump him off the show i hope sky contract him and launch a show called top gears because if anyone who watches top gear ever saw the top gear dvd that didnt have clarkson in it you will know that without clarkson its crap

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 10-03-2015, 19:13   #117
God Member

Quote:
JC
i think its up to god to punish J.C not humanity
DaveinGermany likes this.

Old 10-03-2015, 19:29   #118
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

See J.Cs now been suspended fer a fracas with a director, I can only assume that means snotting one? as hes already on a Final warning, Knackered springs to mind.
Old 10-03-2015, 19:40   #120
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
See J.Cs now been suspended fer a fracas with a director, I can only assume that means snotting one? as hes already on a Final warning, Knackered springs to mind.
I wouldn't count on it Cashy, he brings way to much revenue into the BBC coffers & on top of that he owns "Top gear". If they really make an issue out of it he can take it with him & set up somewhere else. Any chosen channel would have his arm off, before he'd even sat down to talk terms.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..