Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree36Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2014, 00:19   #1
Senior Member+

Car Crash

Big car crash outside Accrington Asda tonight! 2 fatal and another arrested!

Thoughts are with their families!
Old 11-10-2014, 14:35   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Car Crash

Looks like a third person has sadly passed away in hospital following the crash, according to Facebook the three dead are young men from Accrington's Asian community, Councillor Musif Dad has confirmed this. It has also been mentioned that the other car went through a red light at well over the 30mph speed limit and hit the car with the Asian lads in.

My thoughts are with the families and friends of the deceased.
Old 11-10-2014, 17:07   #3
God Member

says investigators are looking for the cause of the accident

from the near misses iv seen and had there its most likely red light jumping but the problem will be saying which car jumped red

sadly people have lost their lives because one person couldnt wait a couple of mins

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 17:18   #4
Senior Member+

Car Crash

From the state of the railings and knocked down traffic light, and the pic I was shown today from last night, I'd say it's a fairly safe bet that they were travelling at nowhere near the speed limit. The number of idiots on the road today is frightening.

Last edited by Mick; 12-10-2014 at 06:45. Reason: language
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 17:27   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Hyndburn Rd has been used as a racetrack for a long time now,this seems to be ignored by the police. now some have sadly died.
gpick24 likes this.
Old 11-10-2014, 18:26   #6
Senior Member+

Latest is that the third injured party is still with us but critical, the 2 fatalities according to NW News were Asian gents in their 40s, but FB is unclear on this and suggests that both were female. It would appear that the car that hit the Vectra was going well over 30mph. Whatever has happened I feel for the families of those involved.

Last edited by lindsay ormerod; 11-10-2014 at 18:33.
lindsay ormerod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 18:40   #7
Senior Member+

I`m not sure speculating on what`s been read on facebook is such a good idea, what I do know is the pic I saw wasn`t a vectra, it was an overturned Merc, and that doesn`t happen at 30 mph.
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 18:50   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Hyndburn Rd has been used as a racetrack for a long time now,this seems to be ignored by the police. now some have sadly died.

not just the police Lancashire County Council dont give a stuff about public safety either they just shrug you off when you ring with concerns
cashman likes this.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 20:19   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
...one person couldnt wait a couple of mins
I've just been helping direct traffic at an incident near Whitebirk. Two drivers decided they didn't want to wait one minute for the oncoming traffic to get past the ambulance, and simultaneously started a three-point-turn to head back to Rishton. They didn't bother to check their mirror first, and blocked the inbound blue-light paramedic. Then each waited for the other to get out of the paramedic's way.

Studio25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 20:36   #10
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studio25 View Post
I've just been helping direct traffic at an incident near Whitebirk. Two drivers decided they didn't want to wait one minute for the oncoming traffic to get past the ambulance, and simultaneously started a three-point-turn to head back to Rishton. They didn't bother to check their mirror first, and blocked the inbound blue-light paramedic. Then each waited for the other to get out of the paramedic's way.
Idiots!
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 20:42   #11
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxthecollie View Post
Idiots!
That's the polite name for them.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 20:44   #12
Senior Member+

I must not swear on here or I will get repremanded.
Old 11-10-2014, 20:56   #13
Beacon of light

is Richard Cranium swearing?
US Angel likes this.
Old 11-10-2014, 20:59   #14
Senior Member+

Nice way to put it .
Old 11-10-2014, 21:11   #15
Beacon of light

I would have used that terminology too, but Frank knows my Ma and she would slap me silly if she heard me swearing, or using profanity....he might just dob me in

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..