Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree36Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2014, 21:15   #16
Senior Member+

Car Crash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I would have used that terminology too, but Frank knows my Ma and she would slap me silly if she heard me swearing, or using profanity....he might just dob me in

Me too, and my mums a member (not been on for a while though so probably safe) but sometimes you have to just say stuff it, I'm saying it how I'm thinking it

Last edited by gpick24; 11-10-2014 at 21:17.
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-10-2014, 22:47   #17
Senior Member+

Re: Car Crash

Hoe about some investment in cameras at the junctions. They will either reduce the number of red light jumpers or swell the coffers - like the ones in London do.
Old 11-10-2014, 23:31   #18
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
Hoe about some investment in cameras at the junctions. They will either reduce the number of red light jumpers or swell the coffers - like the ones in London do.

they have them in huddersfield and other places and trust me as soon as word gets out after a few pics are taken people start stopping at lights

the problem is that our Lancashire County Council thinks it knows better and has a totally opposing view that does not protect the pederstrian or innocent party but the criminal

iv probbably posted this at least 3 times on here already in various threads but just so everyone is clear on LLC's way of thinking ill run it by again

LLC refuse to reactivate and install further red light cameras because when a car goes through a red light and gets flashed this makes the driver of the car brake suddenly resulting in the car behind it rear ending the car that has braked suddenly after been flashed

so in short LLC's concerns lay with not only the person who jumped the red light but also the second person that jumped the same red light to hit the first person who did it..No concern is considered for the person coming the oppsoite way using a green light whos life has been put in danger by the red light jumper.Nor was any concern given for people crossing on a green man whos lives are also put into danger from red light jumpers

did that make sense ?

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 08:03   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post

did that make sense ?
Your explanation makes sense. Their rationale does not.

Studio25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 08:36   #20
Senior Member+

I thought I'd seen it all until yesterday.
A taxi came down from the station (Blackburn road side) and filtered through into the traffic going through the lights towards Blackburn at green while his light was a red.
The taxi had passengers in.
Old 12-10-2014, 10:15   #21

I'm pretty sure dashcam footage doesn't meet "evidence standards" for the police to prosecute, but I'm sure that if you were able to send video of a taxi running red lights to the council, they would think twice before renewing the private hire licence.

It might even help bring down your own insurance premium. I got my dashcam to film the idiot drivers outside school. On the same day I first used it, I got rear-ended. Then, my son started walking to and from school anyway.

Studio25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 11:24   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpick24 View Post
I`m not sure speculating on what`s been read on facebook is such a good idea, what I do know is the pic I saw wasn`t a vectra, it was an overturned Merc, and that doesn`t happen at 30 mph.
The overturned merc hit the vectra which ended up 30 meters down the road, there were no females involved.
firefighter753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 11:42   #23
Senior Member+

Car Crash

Don't envy you your job ff when you've to go to stuff like this.
firefighter753 likes this.
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 12:10   #24
Beacon of light

The people like firefighter do the job because they are very special people...but they also like to have an element of adrenaline in their lives......they often get as much out of it as they put into it.
I know this to be true because having been a nurse for almost 30 years...although each day was similar, there was always an element of not knowing what emergency you were going to be asked to deal with next...and this makes the work stimulating.
Sad at times, but stimulating...and there are always the times when these people will make a difference to the outcome of an event which might have tragic consequences.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 14:22   #25
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Re: Car Crash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
I thought I'd seen it all until yesterday.
A taxi came down from the station (Blackburn road side) and filtered through into the traffic going through the lights towards Blackburn at green while his light was a red.
The taxi had passengers in.
Well I was following a car along Blackburn Rd. We got to the traffic lights at Lonsdale St. Which had been on red long before we got there, he didn't slow down, he accelerated and nearly took the nose off some poor beggar joining the road from Lonsdale St.
Perhaps it's time we all invested in a car cam like studio?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 16:02   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpick24 View Post
Don't envy you your job ff when you've to go to stuff like this.
It was one of the worse RTC's I have been to in 28 years. It was absolute carnage, my thoughts are with all the friends and family of those involved.
firefighter753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 16:13   #27
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
they have them in huddersfield and other places and trust me as soon as word gets out after a few pics are taken people start stopping at lights

the problem is that our Lancashire County Council thinks it knows better and has a totally opposing view that does not protect the pederstrian or innocent party but the criminal

iv probbably posted this at least 3 times on here already in various threads but just so everyone is clear on LLC's way of thinking ill run it by again

LLC refuse to reactivate and install further red light cameras because when a car goes through a red light and gets flashed this makes the driver of the car brake suddenly resulting in the car behind it rear ending the car that has braked suddenly after been flashed

so in short LLC's concerns lay with not only the person who jumped the red light but also the second person that jumped the same red light to hit the first person who did it..No concern is considered for the person coming the oppsoite way using a green light whos life has been put in danger by the red light jumper.Nor was any concern given for people crossing on a green man whos lives are also put into danger from red light jumpers

did that make sense ?
Perhaps our LCC member will comment on this - HEALTH WARNING Do not hold your breath
Old 12-10-2014, 16:31   #28
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefighter753 View Post
The overturned merc hit the vectra which ended up 30 meters down the road, there were no females involved.
"30meters" suggests it was travelling at some pace (I heard 80+mph) driven by one of our Irish community,showing off to friends.

..My thoughts are also with all the family/friends of those involved...so sad

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 17:16   #29
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
"30meters" suggests it was travelling at some pace (I heard 80+mph) driven by one of our Irish community,showing off to friends.

..My thoughts are also with all the family/friends of those involved...so sad
i heard the driver at fault fled the scene leaving his passengers to fend for themselves

hopefully he will be caught and punished for the death and misery he has caused
maxthecollie likes this.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 18:21   #30
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Heard it was some kinda race between asian lads n travelers, ?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..