Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree36Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2014, 18:33   #31
Senior Member+

Re: Car Crash

Wouldn't be suprised.
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-10-2014, 18:44   #32
Senior Member+

Heard the driver tried running off but due to a ankle injury he didn't get far and was arrested not far from the scene (only hearsay).

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 23:35   #33
Senior Member+

from what i've heard

there were 3 in the vectra which was heading towards asda and the black merc shot through a red light at considerable speed.

sadly aside from the two initial deaths i've heard two more people died.

a gypsy guy did run away from the scene but collapsed a few streets away and was arrested by the police however its thought he was not the driver and the driver is one of the deceased.

this is all third hand stuff I'm sure come monday 9am we'll have more concrete stuff to go thru than just word of mouth.
Accyexplorer likes this.
Old 13-10-2014, 01:20   #34
God Member

hopefully LCC and the police will now finally address the problem of red light jumping in hyndburn

if anyone is thinking of calling LCC to see what they are willing to do about road safety and reducing red light jumpers be preppared to be passed around from department to department ,flobbed off onto the police then have the police flobb you back off to the council then pray to whatever god it is you worship that you get the one person in the department that actually knows what a car is

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2014, 15:27   #35
Senior Member+

I was putting petrol in at asda car park yesterday and just then another idiot doing way past the speed limit shooting past the same spot...

idiots will never learn.

turns out just the two people have died. another is in intensive care and the driver and gypsies have injuries such as broken legs...
Old 13-10-2014, 15:35   #36
God Member

dill hall traffic lights are just as bad it wont be long before theres a fatality there and whitebirk is even worse and a messy pile up just begging to happen especially with how quick the lights change

at whitebirk as soon as the light goes red the green is instantly on for the opposite traffic.Theres usually a couple of seconds grace but they change dangerously quick at whitebirk

i once rang the police station and suggested they park a traffic cop at the lights for just 10 mins so they can see for themselves how many people jump red lights and how dangerous the situation is at whitebirk but they just told me to ring LCC who dont care at all about the issue

im not a fusspot i rang the police after an articulated waggon jumped red and nearly killed me and my child in full view of a traffic cop who did absolutely nothing despite witnessing the event

no one is a perfect driver but jumping red should be an instant ban theres absolutely no excuse for jumping red considering the likely results if another car is crossing the junction

Familes have been destroyed because of 1 persons inability to wait and something needs to be done before more families suffer
maxthecollie likes this.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 13-10-2014 at 15:41.
Old 13-10-2014, 15:37   #37
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mani View Post
I was putting petrol in at asda car park yesterday and just then another idiot doing way past the speed limit shooting past the same spot...

idiots will never learn.

turns out just the two people have died. another is in intensive care and the driver and gypsies have injuries such as broken legs...
Thats true Mani, as i said previously Hyndburn Rd has been used as a racetrack fer years, Whilst it shouldn't be so, the police have chosen to ignore this n done sod all about it. Quite a few times oer last few years, when i was out wi the dog, i have actually witnessed police cars passing em the opposite way, n the police cars aint been rushing on a call, just normal speed, so i'm sure these idiots think they can get away wi it.
Old 13-10-2014, 16:11   #38
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Just read in the L.E.T. councillor Munsif Dad says we need to look at traffic calming measures, Thats great yeh dummy, make all drivers suffer, instead of tackling the problem thats been there fer years.
maxthecollie likes this.
Old 13-10-2014, 16:32   #39
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Just read in the L.E.T. councillor Munsif Dad says we need to look at traffic calming measures, Thats great yeh dummy, make all drivers suffer, instead of tackling the problem thats been there fer years.

we dont need traffic calming we need traffic punishment

all they will do is stick a few blobs of tarmac down that will rip peoples cars to bits even at 20mph instead of installing the correct things like cameras to catch and punish dangerous drivers

typical response to put a few blobs of tarmac down and ignore the issue.Its about time somone higher up such as our MP got involved and gave LCC a kick up their arse its not as though he dosnt come here and knows about peoples concerns over the lack of law enforcemnt on our roads.People were on about it way before he fell out with the site

where i live cars race past where children play at over 70mph and all LCC have done is put up a sign that tells them how fast they were going and even that pitifull thing is no longer there it kept getting broken because it couldnt handle the amount of speeders and their speeds
yerself likes this.

Last edited by accyman; 13-10-2014 at 16:35.
Old 13-10-2014, 17:54   #40
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Well, 11 ish this morning walking into town (bburn rd) and saw another idiot go through the lights on red.
The problem to me was much, worse than I could imagine, he was driving a bus! From what I could see hardly a seat was empty. No-one should be put at such risk for the cost of a bus ride.
accyman likes this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2014, 18:28   #41
Senior Member+

Its just been announced the funeral for the two guys will be held tomorrow at richmond hill street mosque at half 12.

the police must've been satisfied with the statements given by the other parties for them to allow the burial to go ahead.

hopefully it wont be one of those cases where the families of the suffering are put through a dragged out court case.
Old 13-10-2014, 18:43   #42
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Re: Car Crash

Quote:
Originally Posted by mani View Post
Its just been announced the funeral for the two guys will be held tomorrow at richmond hill street mosque at half 12.

the police must've been satisfied with the statements given by the other parties for them to allow the burial to go ahead.

hopefully it wont be one of those cases where the families of the suffering are put through a dragged out court case.
Just a shame the families will be left suffering no matter what.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2014, 19:07   #43
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman
we dont need traffic calming we need traffic punishment
Agreed. All we need is enforcement of existing laws.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2014, 19:12   #44
God Member

now that the problem has been highlighted at the great expense of these poor people and their families lets see how LCC react if at all

the chances of a tradgedy like this occuring again can be drastically reduced if LCC get their fingers out of their backsides but all we can do is hope it dosnt take any more deaths for them to do something

Less iv witnessed a taxi/minibus whizzing through red lights full of school children doing the morning school run before now.Red light jumping is a growing problem and its only getting worse with very little been done about it by both LCC and the police

Old 13-10-2014, 23:50   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studio25 View Post
I'm pretty sure dashcam footage doesn't meet "evidence standards" for the police to prosecute <snip>
It might even help bring down your own insurance premium...
It would seem not. Only Swiftcover appear to offer a discount for dashcam users.

Studio25 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..