Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree73Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2015, 01:55   #31

Re: Ched Evans

A decent man would not have taken advantage of a young woman who was intoxicated.

Footballers (like it or not), are role models to many young people.

A man who behaves as he did, should not be in a position of power and influence. He did the crime, he was aware of his position.

Yes she was daft to get drunk enough to render her unable to make decent decisions, but what she did was just that, daft. What HE did, was unforgivable, cruel, indecent and vicious.

If he is allowed to return to a position where he is admired and influential, it is a bad day for civilisation and a worse day for feminism.
Old 07-01-2015, 05:59   #32
Senior Member+

I've looked at this fella's case and after looking at the evidence etc I conclude he's a perverted mucker but i don't think he a 'rapist' (by definition).

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 06:36   #33
Beacon of light

If the woman did not give consent, then he raped her....that, by definition makes him a rapist.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 07:03   #34
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
If the woman did not give consent, then he raped her....that, by definition makes him a rapist.
Drunk sex isn't rape (well I hope it's not),of course having sex with an unconscious woman 'is rape', but I can't find any evidence that suggests she was 'unconscious'.

I may be wrong but, I think this is a case of a girl who went out trying to get herself a footballer (social trophy) so she could brag to friends etc but when she woke in the morning allegedly without recollection of the nights events felt low and used and reported it to the police.
Imo, it's more to do with third wave feminism expanding the definition of rape to include whatever they want so as to catch more folk.

The links below are just a couple from what changed my view on this case.

Ched Evans: Sorry, but all rapes are not the same - Telegraph

What Ched Evans did was ugly and sleazy. But what the lynch mob are doing is barbaric - Breitbart

password--Accyweb
Old 07-01-2015, 07:05   #35
Beacon of light

It isn't rape if it was consensual......But the woman said she was too drunk to remember what happened......so there has to be doubt that she consented or the trial would not have gone ahead.
Sunflower49 likes this.
Old 07-01-2015, 07:11   #36
Beacon of light

One of the articles that you have linked to your post says that a porter heard no sounds of distress.......well, to be distressed you have to be aware of what is happening......and even the article concludes that it could have been rape.
As for the comment about those who are interested in football, it isn't all about football. But it is about how someone on the public eye thinks they can treat women
Old 07-01-2015, 12:14   #37
I am Banned

In sentencing Evans, the judge said: "CCTV footage shows, in my view, the extent of her intoxication when she stumbled into your friend. As the jury have found, she was in no condition to have sexual intercourse" BBC News Online

Evans's victim is still experiencing repeated harassment is a direct result of Evans's protestations of innocence fuelled and funded by his mates and gf's family.
There may well yet be a case heard in court regarding that harrasment and hounding.
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 13:17   #38
God Member

Has agreed terms with Oldham Athletic apparently - then again they've shown their lack of morals in the past when they had Lee Hughes on their books, wouldn't be happy if I was a Latics fan (& there was I thinking I was embarrassed by the whole Stanley selling tickets for a game that never happened thing)
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 13:38   #39
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
It isn't rape if it was consensual......But the woman said she was too drunk to remember what happened......so there has to be doubt that she consented or the trial would not have gone ahead.
She can't remember what she did so she can't remember if she said no. She also can't remember what her actions were. Without painting a picture it could be very easy for the man to think everything was ok depend on what was actually going on between them.
Old 07-01-2015, 13:44   #40
Senior Member+

warning may contain words some viewers may find offensive
Key and Undisputed Facts

He has a messed up idea of what constitutes a good night out in Rhyl......sordid/perverse? definitely...rape? possibly but I suppose it comes down to your definition of the word "rape"....

.....Its more a tale of our modern broken Britain ....but is ched a "rapist" ?.......hmmm.

I know one thing for sure (if true) the noises/voices that were allegedly reported coming from that room were not the noises/voices of a women being raped.

password--Accyweb
Old 07-01-2015, 14:52   #41
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
She can't remember what she did so she can't remember if she said no. She also can't remember what her actions were. Without painting a picture it could be very easy for the man to think everything was ok depend on what was actually going on between them.
Ched Evans thought with the thing that is tucked in his underpants....and that bit of a man's brain is never to be relied upon when making decisions.

There must have been doubt about the consensuality of the act or it would not have gone to court.

A footballer takes advantage of a drunken girl then contacts a mate to come and get a bit of the action.......that is not a moral or ethical thing to do....but he did it....he thought he could get away with it...that it would have no consequences.
His girlfriends father has said he will make up any financial shortfall that is left by sponsors taking their money away from Oldham Athletic...and he will pay ched Evans wages.
That is not something my father would have done for a chap like this...he would have been chasing him with a big knife to remove his gonads.

What a very unsavoury situation.
Old 07-01-2015, 14:54   #42
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtheP47 View Post
In sentencing Evans, the judge said: "CCTV footage shows, in my view, the extent of her intoxication when she stumbled into your friend. As the jury have found, she was in no condition to have sexual intercourse" BBC News Online
So how come one man was guilty of rape, the other wasn't?

When you read the court proceedings, the evidence given, you are left wondering how the jury reached these two different decisions and was the guilty one wrong. Poor defence, poor summing up by the judge? PC correct police action?
Obviously others are not happy about the guilty verdict as the CCRC are fast tracking their investigation into whether this was a miscarriage of justice.

None of the parties involved come out of this as anything but unsavoury and the mob attacks on the internet from both sides are disgraceful.

It's just coming on that Oldham will sign him.

Overall, it might have been better if all involved had waited for the CCRC investigation to be concluded.
Accyexplorer likes this.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 15:14   #43
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower49 View Post
A decent man would not have taken advantage of a young woman who was intoxicated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower49 View Post
If he is allowed to return to a position where he is admired and influential, it is a bad day for civilisation and a worse day for feminism.

Quote:
His girlfriends father has said he will make up any financial shortfall that is left by sponsors taking their money away from Oldham Athletic...and he will pay ched Evans wages.
Quote:
That is not something my father would have done for a chap like this...he would have been chasing him with a big knife to remove his gonads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
None of the parties involved come out of this as anything but unsavoury and the mob attacks on the internet from both sides are disgraceful.
Quote:
It's just coming on that Oldham will sign him.

He will have to develop a thicker carapace than the one he has already when the opposing fans set about him when he runs out on the pitch wherever he plays.
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 15:37   #44
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Ched Evans thought with the thing that is tucked in his underpants....and that bit of a man's brain is never to be relied upon when making decisions.

There must have been doubt about the consensuality of the act or it would not have gone to court.

A footballer takes advantage of a drunken girl then contacts a mate to come and get a bit of the action.......that is not a moral or ethical thing to do....but he did it....he thought he could get away with it...that it would have no consequences.

Was she drunk? If that account is true she didn't have a lot to drink
Old 07-01-2015, 15:39   #45
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
So how come one man was guilty of rape, the other wasn't?
That's what doesn't make much sense in this case. If she was to drunk to consent to the second man why wasn't she for the first?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..