Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree73Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2015, 17:25   #46
Senior Member+

Re: Ched Evans

There's nothing "decent" about this fella or what he has done but (imo) he's no "rapist". What this case has done is set a precedent that women aren't responsible for the repercussions of their actions or decisions if they're intoxicated by alcohol and that makes drunken sex "rape".
No longer are we equal befote the law,If I get drunk and beat someones head in, I am guilty of assault........and being drunk would be no defence in court....just saying.
accyman likes this.

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-01-2015, 17:39   #47
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
That's what doesn't make much sense in this case. If she was to drunk to consent to the second man why wasn't she for the first?
Perhaps she had another couple of drinks between rounds 1 and 2? There are a few questions that do not seem to have been answered with any clarity if at all.
If it was his mates room why did his mate leave the hotel? - not sure if it was Travelodge or Premier Inn.
Was Evans also staying there? - assuming that his mate was actually staying there and had not taken a short time let
His mate picked her up on the street and apparently she was drunk then - was she trophy hunting or just that way inclined, or whatever?
Quite possible that, once the CCR/appeal is concluded (Supposedly being fast tracked?) and providing he loses, she will be seeking damages/compensation.
Of course there are also the points raised in earlier posts.
There just seems to be so many loose ends, both evidential and procedural, no doubt that will all be resolved at some stage - but the law applies to all and therefore the consequences should also apply to all, including the right to seek his/her chosen employment.
Old 07-01-2015, 18:46   #48
Beacon of light

He is entitled to seek gainful employment, but he should not be in the public eye.
I will not post again to this thread as I think all that can be said has been said.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 21:56   #49
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
There's nothing "decent" about this fella or what he has done but (imo) he's no "rapist". What this case has done is set a precedent that women aren't responsible for the repercussions of their actions or decisions if they're intoxicated by alcohol and that makes drunken sex "rape".
No longer are we equal befote the law,If I get drunk and beat someones head in, I am guilty of assault........and being drunk would be no defence in court....just saying.
What if he was also drunk, would that mean he was unable to consent?
Old 08-01-2015, 11:47   #50
I am Banned

Sky News web pages saying "Evans - Oldham FC deal off" according to their sources.
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 19:11   #51
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I will not post again to this thread as I think all that can be said has been said.
Not so, Margaret. Consider Allison Pearson in today's Telegraph:-

"In the Ched Evans case, the 19-year-old victim did not go to the police to report that she had been raped. She made no complaint whatsoever. She had no memory of being raped. She called the police to report a missing handbag. It was the police who suggested that she might have a case for rape against two well-known footballers.
Why might that have happened? Here’s another response to my Ched Evans’ piece. This is Deborah speaking:
“Dear Allison, Having recently sat as a juror on a rape case in which the defendant was acquitted, and having subsequently taken quite an interest in the subject, it strikes me that the motives of both the police and the CPS in bringing rape cases to court is often highly questionable. One really does wonder if both organisations are under some pressure to reach annual conviction targets – especially since the 2003 re-definition of what constitutes rape."
Alan Varrechia and Big Dave like this.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 22:38   #52
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtheP47 View Post
Sky News web pages saying "Evans - Oldham FC deal off" according to their sources.
yes they withdrew the offer because board members and workers at the club recieved death threats towards their families and themselves if they went ahead and employed the footballer

feelings aside on what the rights and wrongs are id much prefer to leave the "do as we want or we will kill you " to the likes of isis and other terrorists

i hope the people who made the threats of death or harm towards employees chidren and familes are arrested and charged accordingly

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 00:15   #53
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

I do hope the Police will be tracking down all those who made death threats
Old 09-01-2015, 05:40   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
In the Ched Evans case, the 19-year-old victim did not go to the police to report that she had been raped. She made no complaint whatsoever. She had no memory of being raped. She called the police to report a missing handbag. It was the police who suggested that she might have a case for rape against two well-known footballers.
Was that brought up at the trial, when presumably the victim was answering questions under oath? If not, why not? And if it WAS mentioned, why was he convicted?

Is it going to be brought up at the appeal? If so, the conviction may be quashed.

And THEN, Ched Evans can play football again.
Big Dave likes this.
hyndburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 03:08   #55

Circa 2006 Parliament debated the subject of rape and came to the conclusion that a drunken female cannot consent to sexual intercourse.

circa 2010-2012 politicians decided that not enough rape cases and also female assaults on males were being brought before the courts.

I'm presuming that the above is one reason why the footballers were brought before the court. Apparently there's usually one person's word against another and thus a conviction is difficult.

I'm surprised Ched Evans issued his recent public apology and asked his supporters not to hound the girl who was involved in the case because their solicitors usually advise both Plaintiffs and Defendants not to speak about the issue whilst legal actions are being pursued.

I think all three people involved in the case have nothing to be proud of and I certainly won't be booking a room in any Premier Inn. Especially now I know that over several years that that chain have had, over several years, desk clerks turning a blind eye to sordid goings on.
Lucysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 11:13   #56
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucysgirl View Post
Circa 2006 Parliament debated the subject of rape and came to the conclusion that a drunken female cannot consent to sexual intercourse.
wow

after 2 pints you are legally too drunk to drive so by Parliaments thinking we should be brethalizing women before we have sex with them

your supposed to wear the bag not get the woman to blow in it

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 10-01-2015, 12:24   #57
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
wow

after 2 pints you are legally too drunk to drive so by Parliaments thinking we should be brethalizing women before we have sex with them

your supposed to wear the bag not get the woman to blow in it
Haha thats the end of your sex life fella
accyman likes this.
Old 10-01-2015, 12:46   #58
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Haha thats the end of your sex life fella
lol

also by buying a woman a lager you are conspiring to commit rape by parliaments logic

where as buying a woman a hoover for xmas is conspiring never to get laid again ( even if its a dyson )

Old 10-01-2015, 12:52   #59
Senior Member+

It's getting to the point where men are going to have to carry a pen and a couple of unsigned consent forms with them!

A couple? Well, it could be their lucky night!
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 14:20   #60
God Member

The erroneous notion that a woman is worth less than a man has only been declared false during my lifetime.
In the past wives were the husband's property and were expected to submit to a man's 'conjugal rights' to intercourse whether she wanted it or not. In the 1990s marital rape was at last regarded as a criminal offence in this country
Also, equal pay for equal work is an innovation still struggling to be acknowledged.
There is still a glass ceiling in some occupations.

It takes time for a culture to fully acknowledge that previous behaviour is no longer regarded as acceptable. Rape is an expression of power and control over a human being who the rapist regards as 'usable', and the rapist wishes to demonstrate superiority.

Too many men, of all ages, still cling to the notion that men are more worthy/valuable to society and use that false notion to justify the mistreatment of women.

That is why some men are condemning this man's action and some are condoning (finding excuses) for it.

Only when society fully accepts women as equal to men will rape be performed only by criminal psychopaths.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..