Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-01-2015, 17:00   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Syriza ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Well, I thought the Greek fought the Nazis a little earlier than the 50 ' s, and you can correct me if I'm wrong but, they had a reputation of being a little to the right of the Communists. Weren't there several factions of Greek resistance which included the Communists?
Please correct my mistakes as I seem to have lost my copy of 'The beano ' s illustrated history of the 20th century'.
Funny, but it took you too long conjure up

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-01-2015, 17:20   #17
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
Funny, but it took you too long conjure up
and that is the best defence you have for your ignorance?
Eric likes this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2015, 17:30   #18
God Member

What has happened in Greece probably has a lot more to do with Nationalism than it has with Communism and Fascism. I read an article in some paper ... can't remember which one; so, there won't be a link (ie. something one provides for those too lazy to look it up for themselves), about the re-birth of European Nationalism ... BS ... there is no re-birth. It never died. The Brits would have been part of Europe (not a good idea) much earlier if it hadn't been for Mers-el-Kebir ... there's an article in the "Beano" history: "That Sinking Feeling: A History of the French Navy from Sluys to Mers-el-Kebir." Maybe the Brits should have let Darlan hand over the fleet to the Nazis; after all, the French had already handed over their Honneur and their balls.

A United Europe is not a good idea ... only politicians are dumb enough to go for it. History is against it. It's a particularly bad idea for the UK. Brits are not Europeans. What's that old saying? Let me think. Oh, now I remember: "The wogs begin at Calais." Let's hear it for the Greeks, those wonderful folks who gave us democracy, geometry, and hairy women.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2015, 18:09   #19
Senior Member+

Quote:
and that is the best defence you have for your ignorance?
You'll have to excuse my ignorance on this subject L, as you know my knowledge about anything except abandoned buildings is very limited....I guess that's what happens when you read about economics/politics in the "beano"

I bet you couldn't wait to comment when you seen I'd made a mistake........Perhaps your next comment will be something of interest on this subject rather than your snidey digs?

password--Accyweb

Last edited by Accyexplorer; 27-01-2015 at 18:16.
Old 27-01-2015, 18:41   #20
Senior Member+

Quote:
snidey digs?
You love em really.
Accyexplorer likes this.
Old 27-01-2015, 20:02   #21

Quote:
You'll have to excuse my ignorance on this subject L, as you know my knowledge about anything except abandoned buildings is very limited....I guess that's what happens when you read about economics/politics in the "beano"

I bet you couldn't wait to comment when you seen I'd made a mistake........Perhaps your next comment will be something of interest on this subject rather than your snidey digs?
Why would I have to wait?

All your posts are innacurate, you never manage a sensible sentence how you get through life with your attitude beggars belief, we've had worse than you on site, somehow you manage to amuse and yet prove that the comprehensive system was a very bad mistake.
Should you really have been taught to read without also teaching you the value of thought?
Old 28-01-2015, 08:40   #22
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
By the way, if you have a lot of time on your hands and don't mind wading through pages of well-researched facts and figures, the following is a good read: "Hitler's Willing Executioners: Ordinary Germans and the Holocaust" by Daniel Jonah Goldhagen. Of course, some will look at the author's name and conclude that it's just part of the Great Hebe Conspiracy.
Ditto Eric:
Have look at Jakob Flaw’s Blackmailers & Perpetrators: Polish Complicity during the Holocaust.
http://lib.dr.iastate.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=2938&context=etd
and here’s a link on the same lines for Greece .
Greece Must Acknowledge Its Complicity in the Shoah ? Forward.com
So, I posit this, it would have been no different here if the Panzers had rolled down the Mall.
Mans inhumanity to man is embedded all our psyche, push the right buttons to unlock it.
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2015, 21:04   #23
Senior Member+

anything that brings about the desturction of the EU gets my support
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2015, 21:17   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
anything that brings about the desturction of the EU gets my support
Yeah, Right, let's bring back the Nazis, at least Accyexplorer would have a chance of remembering the dates of this conflict.
Old 30-01-2015, 21:49   #25
Senior Member+

another grown up response from less
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 18:26   #26
God Member

Quote:
Yeah, Right, let's bring back the Nazis
Now that you mention it, it seems as if the Greeks want the Germans to pay back the War Loans () made to Germany during WW2. How dare they What next? Back pay for all the labor provided by Greeks in Germany factories? Return of all the stuff the Germans "borrowed"?
Old 11-02-2015, 18:35   #27
Senior Member+

Quote:
Now that you mention it, it seems as if the Greeks want the Germans to pay back the War Loans () made to Germany during WW2. How dare they What next? Back pay for all the labor provided by Greeks in Germany factories? Return of all the stuff the Germans "borrowed"?
Thought you'd be more interested in this at the minute E

Chapel Hill shootings: North Carolina man charged - BBC News

How North Carolina murders sparked global outrage - BBC News

password--Accyweb
Old 11-02-2015, 19:02   #28
God Member

Quote:
Not particularly interested ... the heat seems to think it was a dispute over parking which, this happening in the Land of the Second Amendment, would't surprise me. Remember this is North Carolina where gun laws are loose ... almost nonexistent.
Less likes this.
Old 11-02-2015, 19:18   #29
Senior Member+

Quote:
Not particularly interested ... the heat seems to think it was a dispute over parking which, this happening in the Land of the Second Amendment, would't surprise me. Remember this is North Carolina where gun laws are loose ... almost nonexistent.
I'll get back to swatting up on history,politics and economics....with a little help of this weeks beano

password--Accyweb
Old 11-02-2015, 19:37   #30
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Looks on the outside, like its one way of getting at IS.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..