Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-02-2015, 21:37   #16
Senior Member+

Whalley Rd Chippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiTChener View Post
Burnley Rd chippy still best in area!!

Not very hygienic, uses his fingers too much on the food and a few months ago I saw him use the temp probe on chicken then used it on a fish, didn't even give it a wipe.
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-02-2015, 19:27   #17

Re: Whalley Rd Chippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpick24 View Post
Not very hygienic, uses his fingers too much on the food and a few months ago I saw him use the temp probe on chicken then used it on a fish, didn't even give it a wipe.
y

Well, as your name suggests, I think you are being a little 'picky'!!
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2015, 19:36   #18
Senior Member+

I think risking Salmonella poisoning is a bit more serious than "being Picky"
st06nc2 likes this.
Old 15-02-2015, 19:53   #19

Quote:
I think risking Salmonella poisoning is a bit more serious than "being Picky"

Been going there for 20 odd years, never a problem, can't understand why someone who may have been just once, (surely you wouldn't go a second time, after what you seem to have witnessed), can accuse the establishment of, perhaps, causing salmonella poisoning in the area. Surely, if there had been, the local press would have jumped on it!
Please feel free to post any links to back up your statement!
Old 15-02-2015, 20:00   #20
Senior Member+

It wasn`t my first visit, been there many times, this was the first i`d seen him use one of these temperature probes though. I didn`t say he`d caused Salmonella poisoning but there is a very real risk by inserting a probe into patially cooked chicken and then into a fish.
MargaretR and pallyman like this.
Old 15-02-2015, 20:08   #21

BTW, my favourite Chinese is Kwong Ming, & they cook in the back kitchen.......
they may very well 'finger the fish', etc., but I trust them to abide by hygene regulations, as we all must, whenever we go out to eat.
Old 15-02-2015, 20:19   #22

Quote:
I didn`t say he`d caused Salmonella poisoning but there is a very real risk by inserting a probe into patially cooked chicken and then into a fish.
Just suggesting Salmonella as a 'risk' would imply to many people a distinct possibility, I think, in other circumstances, your post could be seen as libellous, unless you can back it up with some form of proof?
As I say, feel free to post any links to back up your argument.
Old 15-02-2015, 21:30   #23
Senior Member+

I would say something being "a risk" is implying that it could happen not a distinct possibility. Either way as someone selling food to the public he will have a basic food & hygiene certificate and should know better.
I will agree however that I may be treading on stoney ground as I have no proof and I doubt these posts will be around for long.
Old 15-02-2015, 21:32   #24
Senior Member+

Quote:
BTW, my favourite Chinese is Kwong Ming, & they cook in the back kitchen.......
they may very well 'finger the fish', etc., but I trust them to abide by hygene regulations, as we all must, whenever we go out to eat.
Kwong Ming don`t have fish on their menu do they?
Old 16-02-2015, 00:29   #25
God Member

Quote:
they may very well 'finger the fish', etc.,
i dont mind eating a fish thats been fingered but i draw the line at eating one thats been etcetered

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2015, 17:48   #26
Senior Member+

I also don't use Burnley Rd chippy after watching the owner temp testing all kinds off stuff and then giving the probe a very brief wipe on his trousers! And that's not a one off.
gpick24 likes this.
Old 19-02-2015, 13:06   #27
God Member

a fellow accywebber nearly got served up a phlem burger from an establishment near boozbusters in ossy when the person serving sneezed and dumped a long stringy dollop of mucas onto the food

to be fair to the guy he did pick out the chips with the goop on them and tried his best to clean off the burger bun before handing it over the counter

makes you wonder what they get away with when they are doing delivered food

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 19-02-2015, 13:10   #28
God Member

lol does anyone remember the cake shop near the bottom of burnley road just up from the pub the boars head i think the pub was

they had an alsatian dog that was allowed to roam free in the kitchen and it wasnt unusual to find a stray dog hair in your custard pie

its only now it comes to mind that it could have had a lick as well

mind you them custards were good so somat was been done right i just dont really want to know what

Old 19-02-2015, 16:17   #29
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Yeh it was on the corner of Arnold St,
Old 19-02-2015, 17:13   #30
Senior Member+

I wont mention the place(a butty shop) because I like them and honest mistakes do happen.

I was really enjoying the first couple of bites into my burger untill....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg burger.jpg (74.0 KB, 34 views)

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..