Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-04-2015, 08:18   #16
JFT96

Re: How To Encourage Fly Tipping

Not only TV's end up in Africa, when I visited Ghana a few years ago, we saw hundreds of Hotpoint, Indesit and even John Lewis washing Machines for sale, all with moulded British plugs (They used to be a colony, and still use our sockets).

Anyway, according to the Telegraph, we can still use Blackburn's tips as its the County Council who have decided this, in an election year......I wonder if any of our resident representatives will bother coming on here and explaining this great idea to us, the great unwashed, by their standards....

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-04-2015, 08:24   #17
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
This is a really bad idea.....and yes it will encourage people to dump their rubbish where ever they think they might not be caught on camera.
I agree,it's a rubbish idea (poor pun)....

...it could be worth setting up a business to clear roadsides,wastelands and local woods

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2015, 08:43   #18
Senior Member+

When we have to pay to dispose of our rubbish in a responsible manner will the men with "Happy to hep" on their jackets still watch us struggle with heavy items.
As they did with me last week.
Old 17-04-2015, 10:52   #19
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Well ive heard some stupid ideas in me lifetime, But this has got to rank as the STUPIDEST
Old 17-04-2015, 11:14   #20
Senior Member+

What are the rules if you're putting your new kitchen in and taking the cupboards, shelves, sink etc to the tip?
They won't go in a 60x90 bag. Will they charge you at commercial rates or what?
It could cost more to dump the old kitchen than your new one costs.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2015, 11:51   #21
God Member

blackburn arnt charging because they dont wan a fly tipping epidemic that will cost hundreds of thousands to clean up

Hyndburn have loads of cash to spend infact they have started issuing £50 notes instead of toilet roll in council buildings

not exactly a feel good story this charging to get rid of waste im very surprised its made it to the news so near to election time

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2015, 12:45   #22
God Member

to be a bit more serious about things Claire Pritchard has put a lot of effort into the fly tipping issue im surprised she hasnt been up in arms about this because it will undo all her hard work the past few years

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 17-04-2015, 13:11   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
So, from the 1st of June we will all be charged £3.50 per bag for being responsible and taking our waste to the tip.
How much more will the clean up operation cost per bag when folk just dump it around the corner when no-one is looking cost?
Surely it's better to offer a responsible service that encourages people to dispose of their waste responsibly?
It's unworkable, and like all unworkable ideas it will be dropped. No way would I ever pay £3.50. I'd find some other (legal) way to dispose of it. The incidents of fly tipping by less honest people will rocket.

The worrying thing is that there are people in positions of power prepared to push through unworkable ideas like this which lead to higher costs later.
hyndburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2015, 13:18   #24
God Member

part of me cant help but think that in a week or two a labour county councilor or possibly MP is going to be on the front page of the telegraph hailing their fight to reverse this decision as victorious just in time for the election..

just a little niggle though im sure a politician would never create a problem so they can fix it

its just too bad a move for a politician to make just before an election.They dont usually screw people until after the election has passed

like i said just a niggle but nothing surprises me these days when it comes to politics

i just cantbelieve that a group of educated people got together and thought this was a good idea

Last edited by accyman; 17-04-2015 at 13:23.
Old 17-04-2015, 14:02   #25
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post

i just cantbelieve that a group of educated people got together and thought this was a good idea
Have yeh got any proof, that whoever is responsible fer this joke is educated? Cos ive got grave doubts.
accyman and Gremlin like this.
Old 17-04-2015, 14:33   #26
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
I wonder if any of our resident representatives will bother coming on here and explaining this great idea to us, the great unwashed, by their standards....
Don't hold your breath, you know that they can't be bothered explaining anything to the 95% that don't understand what life is all about
Old 17-04-2015, 14:36   #27
Senior Member+

Perhaps they need to raise extra money to pay for the White Elephant on Broadway?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..