Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree89Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-07-2015, 14:28   #166
Super Moderator

Re: New pub opening .

So, did you sample any of their ales, Mr P, and, if so, what was your verdict?
Old 27-07-2015, 15:42   #167
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Not yet Mr H... all in good time.
Wynonie Harris likes this.
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2015, 16:00   #168
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtheP47 View Post
Just been in on a scouting mission before my grandkids arrive from Cincinnati Sunday. There is a GF menu Barrie.
Looks as though I will have to call in for a pint and check it out then.
Went to Blackburn Mall today - so tried lunch in Ed's Diner as they advertise Gluten Free. Once is enough, it was atrocious, the food, the service and the cost - it worked out more than a meal at Duckworth Hall and we only had burgers. The burgers were so compressed they were tougher than some steaks I have had.
Old 29-07-2015, 06:52   #169

Finally had our meal visit to the Brickworks and here is the result.

We both had the steak which was really nice along with some pepper sauce and garlic & mushroom. The whole meal was very nice and the staff do now seem to have settled in it seems. Beer was also fine with just one not up and running, so we have a very nice evening and the manager also had a chat.

The place was very busy with quite a few awaiting tables and we did chat over this being a really nice alternative to predictable Spoons. The Brickworks menu is quite extensive also having a second one for Pizzas if they push your boat. We wrapped up with a pud also excellent.

10/10 for this visit.
wadey and Stevie R like this.
Old 04-08-2015, 09:04   #170
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Two pints of Lancaster Bomber last night Mr H no complaint.
Wainrights and Hobgoblin also sampled by my son and brother in law deemed OK too.

Definately a family pub. Staff were friendly and attentive. Minor hiccup with the Gluten Free servings coming with onion rings. Front of house manager couldn't have been anymore understanding, we weren't charged for their meals.

The way the place is set up including the astro turf kids play area is an ideal. Not a boozer for sure but Marstons have indeed created a great venue for Accrington.
Wynonie Harris likes this.
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2015, 12:31   #171

Just a bit of a follow up..
We have had a good number of opportunities to dine at The Brickworks for social, work and family gatherings and have really enjoyed the food and for me the Lancaster ale. We do find the staff really polite and the food nice but as it is proving so popular in the town inevitably sometimes you will have to wait for a table which in a way is a good sign of its success I guess. I see they rotate the lighter ale so this will change fairly regularly I am told, but the Lancaster Bomber was really nice we find and understand the manager chap monitors the quality closely. One thing that does really strike you about The Brickworks is they regularly clean the tables which can only be a good thing and applauded.

Top marks from us and its very popular with friends as well, I can only thank the staff for looking after us on our various visits and looking forward to our forthcoming party booking. This place holds the record for staff coming to ask me if my ale was ok!
Wynonie Harris, JCB and Stevie R like this.
Old 05-10-2015, 15:58   #172

My brother drove us past the Brickworks a few times on our way to look round Church and Accy generally in August. I'm sure it will meet a lot of people's need for a good meal with drinks as well [ie not a restaurant with all the flummery that involves] but from the outside, it's a typical Chain/Roadhouse place and nothing like a "pub" as discussed back in June [p15].
Dave W
Dave Walsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 15:11   #173

hi Would you be the Jack Preston that I knew from Cunliffe TV Services Preston circa 1962-4 by any chance?

Tony Dilworth (Chorley)
robot1002 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..