Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3580Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-01-2016, 17:50   #31
Beacon of light

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

I think the current state of Europe is a great worry....And now Jeremy Corbyn is telling us that we are not doing enough for the poor refugees in the camps in France.
He is going to try and persuade the British public that we should open our hearts, our towns and our homes to these.
Has he learned nothing from the antics of the refugee men in the cities of Europe at New year.

These are illegal immigrants, they have no papers....We do not know their origins. Whether they are sponsored to cause harm by ISIS.....whether they are criminals.
If these were true refugees they would settle in the nearest safe haven, rather than trying to get to Britain.
It is alright for the likes of Jeremy Corbyn.....he will not be inconvenienced by refugees that are allowed into the UK.
There is only one answer to the mass migration.....stop them on their own shores....Turn them back.
Bring back proper border controls.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 23-01-2016 at 17:52.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-01-2016, 18:18   #32
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I think the current state of Europe is a great worry....
You wouldn't chuckle, living here in Germany & talking to folk, the general consensus is that enough is enough. Merkel isn't exactly the flavour of the month despite what the MSM would have you believe, "Mutti" has definitely overstepped the mark & Adolf & Eva aren't overly happy bunnies, there's a quiet swell & a leaning towards the right (although most folk won't speak openly about it) due to Germanys recent past, too much "VolksSchuld".

That said though, the dilution of the "Aryan" race through marriage to other nationals, the pure German is slowly being replaced with a European hominid, that & the attitude of the younger Germans is focusing the opinion that the "sins of our fathers" are not our concern. All well & good, but the new liberalism is just as damning.
Old 23-01-2016, 18:33   #33
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

The latest piece of pro EU propaganda to hit my white sack (I mean the one that recycles paper NOT a racial reference to my crown jewels), is four pages of short comments the equal of which must be getting a D in secondary school political debate.

I've tried to find it online so you can see it for yourselves but there doesn't seem to be a page for it & wiki isn't very informative about the people in charge of it. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Britai...nger_in_Europe

It seems that Will Straw (is he Jacks lad?) is the promoter of this item a quick search has him as the Executive Director of Britain Stronger in Europe yet he isn't mentioned in wiki as part of the board.

Anyone however can sign up online to the parent site of this info pack by going to Britain Stronger In Europe

The site gives an idea of the contents of the free paper.

They will have to work much harder to convince me of their version of the truth.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2016, 19:23   #34
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

As previously mentioned, the lunacy of the left will destroy us all! (this just in in the "Daily Fail")

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3413566/Port-Calais-closed-migrants-storm-harbour-make-Spirit-Britain-ferry-desperate-bid-reach-UK.html
Old 23-01-2016, 19:26   #35
Beacon of light

Ma received a piece of Pro EU propaganda last week with her mail.....it was wrapped in a flyer for the co-op.
She gave it to me to ask me what I thought of it.......I told her it wasn't even fit to wipe your BTM on.
We got a similar publication this week in our mail......it went into the paper box for fire lighting.

There is nothing that will convince me that we are better off in the EU. We are not part of this club......we are unwelcome because we want to stand up for our own sovereignty,our own traditions.....we do not want to be told what we can do by Brussels - especially when we can see other nations picking and choosing which EU rules they will follow and which they won't.... we do not want to be added to the European mix(well, I certainly don't)

However I feel that we may get bamboozled in some way(I not sure right now just how).......and that Brexit is unlikely(we may be sent back again to vote until we come up with the right answer).

I do not see David Cameron negotiating anything like a better deal for the UK...and feel that we could be hoodwinked in this way.....into believing that he has done a good deal.
Maybe the EU will break up in the not too distant future.(the migrant crisis might just hasten this)
You cannot yoke a donkey to a race horse and expect a good outcome...and this, in effect, is what has happened.
The poorer nations in the EU show this to be true.
It has been a social experiment in politics and it has failed.
It isn't even any good as a trading alliance anymore.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 23-01-2016 at 19:29.
Old 23-01-2016, 19:32   #36
Beacon of light

Will Straw is the son of Jack Straw Less
Old 23-01-2016, 19:47   #37
I am Banned

The only reason the so called EU exists like it is today is the frogs & the belgiums were **** scared of jerry ever starting another war, so they joined them in a so called agreement, which was enlarged by self seeking bureaucrats feathering their own nests, like Margaret said they pick and choose what rules to follow, unike this crowd in westminster who treat edicts as if they came from god himself. Them frogs and belgiums owe us big time, all those British Soldiers buried in their countries from 2 world wars, thats what comes of helping folk. The ungratefull bastards, the sooner that common market collapses the better.

Last edited by Retlaw; 23-01-2016 at 19:49.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2016, 19:59   #38
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
The ungratefull bastards, the sooner that common market collapses the better.
Don't be shy mate, open up & say what you feel!
Eric likes this.
Old 23-01-2016, 20:24   #39
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
The only reason the so called EU exists like it is today is the frogs & the belgiums were **** scared of jerry ever starting another war, so they joined them in a so called agreement, which was enlarged by self seeking bureaucrats feathering their own nests, like Margaret said they pick and choose what rules to follow, unike this crowd in westminster who treat edicts as if they came from god himself. Them frogs and belgiums owe us big time, all those British Soldiers buried in their countries from 2 world wars, thats what comes of helping folk. The ungratefull bastards, the sooner that common market collapses the better.
Never were truer words spoken....The French and the Belgians do not like us and I feel that many things are done in the EU which are aimed at undermining us as a nation.....showing us, making fools of us.....and I hate them for it.

I do not want to be part of an organisation which spits in the face of democracy, that allows unelected bureaucrats to try to humble us.
If we are such an asset then why do they do this?
The real answer is that they need us far more than we need them.
Old 23-01-2016, 21:51   #40
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Never were truer words spoken....The French and the Belgians do not like us and I feel that many things are done in the EU which are aimed at undermining us as a nation.....showing us, making fools of us.....and I hate them for it.

I do not want to be part of an organisation which spits in the face of democracy, that allows unelected bureaucrats to try to humble us.
If we are such an asset then why do they do this?
The real answer is that they need us far more than we need them.
I've been to france and belgium on more thn one occasion with groups of WW1 soldiers, the frogs and belgians townsfolk were very glad to see us, and treated us as if we were life long friends. Its not the ordinary every day belgian. Its there top brass serving their own ends, they might nod even be true belgians, as for them frogs they've neer furgetten Agincourt, English longbow men at their best, 100's o dead frogs.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2016, 22:39   #41
Beacon of light

I should have made myself clearer, it was the French and Belgian bureaucrats that I was referring to Retlaw, not the man in the street.
I guess the public over in those countries are much the same as here.....treated with contempt by those who purport to have our interests at heart......as long as our interests keep them on the gravy train and comfortably supported with cash and cushioned from reality that is.

I must get some better anti cynicism pills....these seem to be wearing off.
Old 24-01-2016, 01:28   #42
God Member

the latest scare tactic is what will the tories do to the poor and working class if there isnt the EU to answer to

My guess is they will get voted out

kinda how democracy worked before we joined the EU

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2016, 19:28   #43
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

For those of you that it might interest "GO" grassroots out are streaming a live rally now, it can be seen on Breitbart London website.

just saying mind.
Old 19-02-2016, 23:08   #44
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

So the boy blunder "Call me Dave" has done a deal for the UK, apparently (according to him) it's the right deal for Europe & UK ...... really? The clown should be concentrating on what's in the best interests of UK & not Europe, let them sort out their own shyte!

From what I can see there's no sign of repatriating power to our courts, we'll still have to give precedence to European courts. No control over borders if it gainsays EU tenets & as to clamping down on benefits to foreigners who've never put anything into the system but are queuing up with open hands for whatever they can get!

Absolute garbage! And to top it all, when all the other 27 leaders go back home & present it to their own people there's going to be a right carry on. No, this isn't over, not by a long shot! My personal view is that cutting all ties with Europe & the UK's complete withdrawal from the EU is the only way to achieve our sovereignty. (And I've been living in the middle of Europe for the last 32 years)
Old 20-02-2016, 00:35   #45
God Member

"I have negotiated a deal to give the UK special status in the EU." Seems to me that I've heard something like that before ... mmm, it'll come to me

Just when Britain needs a Churchill to stand up for her, the people get a Chamberlain ... ah, now I remember.

Not my problem tho', eh. I'm more interested in what's happening with the TPP.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..