Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3580Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-07-2016, 17:04   #1096

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

What about Tony Blair?
hilleluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-07-2016, 17:07   #1097
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilleluk View Post
Daily Mail headline today reads: Finally an EU deal on Immigration! Plan to offer Britain a seven year migration opt-out, which would still give UK access to Europe's single market.
Mrs May should make a statement as soon as possible, saying Brexit is Brexit, and this will not be happening.
If this is similar to how Norway operated then we don't want a bar of it....Norway still pays in vast sums of money...has no say in the way the EU runs...and has to accept the tenet of free movement.
I want to be out...really out.
Let them stick their single market where monkeys shove their nuts.

I do not trust anything about the EU.....being one leg in and one leg out is not what I voted for.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2016, 17:10   #1098

Hear, Hear Margaret
Old 24-07-2016, 17:46   #1099
Beacon of light

Tony Blair was not Labour...he was a tory in a red coat...he just wanted everyone to think he was a Labour politician...and he turned out to be a bigger liar than Tom Pepper...and a traitorous liar too.
He along with his government did more to damage the fabric of society than all the german bombs dropped on us during the blitz.
I hope I live long enough to see him get what is coming to him.......and i hope he lives a long and remorseful life(except I don't think he would know real remorse if jumped up and smacked him in the face - he knows the fake stuff...that that he puts on when the cameras are around).
I have not words that can tell you how I feel about that piece of humanity.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2016, 18:04   #1100

Agree with everything you have said in your comment. However, I would trust a Conservative Government as opposed to a Labour Government any day.
Old 24-07-2016, 18:48   #1101
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilleluk View Post
What about Tony Blair?
Well Thatcher was the evilest bitch i ever came across, until Blair came along. hope that answers yeh question.
Old 25-07-2016, 02:11   #1102
God Member

Well, I read that the followers of the prophet are at it again over there in the Reich. What is it now? Wurzburg, Munich, Reutlingen, Ansbach. Oops. Did I inadvertently imply that Muslims were responsible. I must be a racist. My logic is held prisoner by my blind adherence to inappropriate stereotypes.

European leaders are counselling calm. No doubt they will announce that neither immigrants nor muslims are the problem. Let me ponder for a second on that one. Muslim immigrants have been, and no doubt will be again, perpetrators of terrorist acts ... yet neither Islam nor the immigrants are the problem Am I missing something here, or what?

Anyway ... to get on topic. Every act of terrorism should at least go some way to validating Britain's decision to leave the EU. Unless, of course, folks are content to let Brussels and Merkel take care of security.

It's all the fault of the Jews. If only they would stop responding so violently against those who fire rockets into their country, and those who give aid and comfort to them. Give it a break Jews. Give up. Let the muslims wipe your country and every man, woman, and child in it off the face of the Earth. Then things will settle down. Nothing like a good, old-fashioned Jewish conspiracy theory when the easy answers are politically incorrect and, therefore, too unpalatable to swallow. I seem to remember reading that the dochstosslegende helped the fortunes of the NAZIS.

Enough ranting. It's ten at night and still 33 [deleted]ing degrees. Think I'll wrap myself around a few cold brewskies

Last edited by Eric; 25-07-2016 at 02:13.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 21:10   #1103
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Having just watched "Brexit" The battle for Britain, its sadly ruddy obvious that many of the arrogant gets, Nick Clegg, Wilf Straw, to name just 2, are still of the opinion, that only Owd/Thick/Working Class Oiks/ voted and were wrong to leave, its very obvious to me that these people do not belong anywhere in politics and have no right at all to represent me. jettison the lot of em out altogether and we may just be on the road back to having a democracy run by people we can once again have some faith in, RANT OVER.
Old 09-08-2016, 16:35   #1104
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Having just watched "Brexit" The battle for Britain, its sadly ruddy obvious that many of the arrogant gets, Nick Clegg, Wilf Straw, to name just 2, are still of the opinion, that only Owd/Thick/Working Class Oiks/ voted and were wrong to leave, its very obvious to me that these people do not belong anywhere in politics and have no right at all to represent me. jettison the lot of em out altogether and we may just be on the road back to having a democracy run by people we can once again have some faith in, RANT OVER.
I'm sorry to have to tell you this but, the rant isn't over.
They will keep blaming us, they are desperate for someone to blame, even though, they should look inwards and realise, it's their fault.
We will prove to these knowalls they are wrong, not just about the referendum but also about laying what they claim to be the blame at senile old farts,
We aren't doing it for ourselves, 20,30 years from now what we voted won't matter, but we haven't robbed our children's future, we have given them a future in which they can choose were to make their own mistakes, not ones ruled by the unelected.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 07:05   #1105
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
I'm sorry to have to tell you this but, the rant isn't over.
They will keep blaming us, they are desperate for someone to blame, even though, they should look inwards and realise, it's their fault.
We will prove to these knowalls they are wrong, not just about the referendum but also about laying what they claim to be the blame at senile old farts,
We aren't doing it for ourselves, 20,30 years from now what we voted won't matter, but we haven't robbed our children's future, we have given them a future in which they can choose were to make their own mistakes, not ones ruled by the unelected.
Our M.P. has had a survey and wants a second Referendum, what we voted dont matter one jot to this fellow.
Old 10-08-2016, 07:43   #1106

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Our M.P. has had a survey and wants a second Referendum, what we voted dont matter one jot to this fellow.
Hopefully after the next round of elections what he thinks won't matter a jot, I haven't done a survey, but when wandering through town and chatting with ordinary folk very few of them think he is doing what he was voted in to do.
This may mean nothing, or it may reflect a general disappointment throughout the area, maybe we'll have a new M.P. very soon?

We can but hope.
Old 10-08-2016, 08:32   #1107
Senior Member+

I think that Hyndburn is one of the constituencies that undergoes radical change under the new Boundary Commision rulings. Hopefully that will mean more people will not vote for our present representative even if he does stand again. There is also the factor of whether the local Labour Party will support Corbyn or not. Surely GJ cannot be a real representative on the PLP if Corbyn is re-elected as leader of the Labour Party, after all he has said.
Alan Varrechia likes this.
Old 10-08-2016, 18:11   #1108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
I think that Hyndburn is one of the constituencies that undergoes radical change under the new Boundary Commision rulings. Hopefully that will mean more people will not vote for our present representative even if he does stand again. There is also the factor of whether the local Labour Party will support Corbyn or not. Surely GJ cannot be a real representative on the PLP if Corbyn is re-elected as leader of the Labour Party, after all he has said.
Look at his record, he will stand again if his bosses allow, which they will, he's been the perfect puppet so they will keep him on.
It's up to us the electorate we need to make sure he isn't voted for.
The alternative?
Well we have a choice, vote in some obscure Conservative.

OR

Void our votes, do a Margaret thing.

Personally I prefer the latter, but to be as obscure as our paliarmentary representative, I will vote for the former, if it removes a disappointing selfserving let down.
cashman and Barrie Yates like this.
Old 22-08-2016, 19:44   #1109
God Member

Apparently, this appeared today on the US of E Parliament's Twit account.
As if we needed one more bit of evidence that voting Leave was the right option...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (26.9 KB, 22 views)
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2016, 06:31   #1110
Senior Member+

EU Leaders Discussing Brexit Without Britain, Again - Guido Fawkes Euro Guido
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..