Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3580Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-09-2017, 20:31   #1501
God Member

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/200165

This petition has just topped 5000.
I posted the link again just in case anyone out there still needs need to sign it.
Now over 10,000.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-09-2017, 21:50   #1502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Now over 10,000.

Not a bad increase over 24 hours!!
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2017, 15:50   #1503
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
I've heard that from friends of ours who live over Silsden way, their eldest daughter works at the "Original factory shop" just down the road from "Shans" the big PakIndi supermarket.
off topic i know but shans supermarket was fined thousands a few years ago for opening on easter sunday.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2017, 08:06   #1504
Beacon of light

If I say I am disappointed in the way our PM has caved in after her speech in Florence...then it would be a gross understatement.
Who gave her a white flag?
The proposals she has put forward to ease the deadlock in the Brexit talks were neither innovative nor imaginative.
It is more of the EU. They are still going to be pulling our strings...yanking our chain, while we like little lap dogs do their bidding...It is the Hokey Cokey EU...one foot in and one foot out.
This is not what the electorate(who voted to leave) signed up for.

They made it quite clear that they wanted out...completely...no paying of money, no open borders, no single market(which stops us from making good trade deals with the rest of the world...we will be out of the EU in name only...no powers of changing anything, still coughing up the money...and all the rest)
It is a sop to those in all parties who never wanted the electorate to be listened to.

I truly hope that the intransigence of Michel Barnier and JC Juncker continue...and that they say a resounding 'NO' to these plans.

I do not think there is much chance of me getting to taste that vintage bottle of Dom Perignon for quite a while yet...in fact I despair of it EVER getting tasted!
Less, KiTChener and cashman like this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2017, 08:31   #1505
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Aye, DisMay has lived up to & exceeded my expectations (now there's a surprise .... not), So Lets hope the Nige comes back into the fray to try & put things right.
Old 23-09-2017, 08:40   #1506
Beacon of light

I really don't think he can. (there are too many of the lily livered, self serving dough boys in the political parties..those with no will for a dust up..those who want an easy comfortable life, those who are unaffected by the realities of mass migration, waiting for a home, waiting for medical care or treatment...etc, etc)
Our only salvation will be the mandarins who are heading the negotiations(?) saying a big fat 'NON'.
Old 23-09-2017, 08:43   #1507
Beacon of light

I know you have been scathing of the PM, but I really hoped that despite her initailly being a Remainer, she would make a fist of Brexit..after all she said No deal was better than a bad deal...then here she is doing a David Cameron on us.
well, No, she hasn't run away (yet) but she just might as well have done.
KiTChener and monkey hanger like this.
Old 23-09-2017, 10:27   #1508
God Member

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;
well, No, she hasn't run away (yet) but she just might as well have done.[/QUOTE]

dissapointed by her but not really surprised. never thought our eu exit would be the way a lot of us wanted or as quickly either. this remember is just a start as things will get even more watered down before it eventually finishes. if you start high you can come down, if you start low you cannot go up.
KiTChener and DaveinGermany like this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2017, 10:32   #1509
Beacon of light

I need to remember to lower my expectations Monkey Hanger...in politics it was ever thus.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 23-09-2017, 11:05   #1510
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

She has proved to be a typical politician, A LIAR.
Old 23-09-2017, 11:07   #1511
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I need to remember to lower my expectations Monkey Hanger...in politics it was ever thus.
You as we all, must also learn to take responsibility for this mess, we voted against what all the right and proper people consider to be the correct result, therefore we have brought this upon ourselves by expecting them to treat the outcome in a democratic manner.
They will fudge and delay until no doubt when we all become really sick of this shambles (as if we aren't already) the powers that be will announce that the only democratic way out of this will be to have a second referendum hoping that we will have become the sheep of old and will return a vote to remain just to get it over with.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2017, 11:13   #1512
Beacon of light

I will NEVER vote to remain in the EU...they need to honour the one that was conducted on the 8th of June 2016.
As I said in a previous post I hope those in Brussels tell TM that it isn't good enough and that she gets angry on our behalf and walks away.
We are NEVER going to get a good deal, a fair deal, a square deal...the only deal we have ever had from the EU is a RAW deal.
Old 23-09-2017, 11:20   #1513
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

I doubt very much if she will ever walk away,i reckon that was just bullshine to keep people happy.
KiTChener likes this.
Old 23-09-2017, 13:18   #1514
Beacon of light

https://email.number10.gov.uk

It will only take a few minutes of your time to e-mail the PM with your feelings on her betrayal...go on, do it...please.
Old 23-09-2017, 13:29   #1515
Beacon of light

My e-mail has gone off...not expecting it to do much good, but at least I have made my disappointment clear.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..