Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3580Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-09-2017, 15:40   #1516
Senior Member+

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

My email has been sent expressing my disappointment with the PM.
Old 23-09-2017, 16:53   #1517
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
My e-mail has gone off...not expecting it to do much good, but at least I have made my disappointment clear.
Same here this what T.M. is doing is trickery of the Majority that voted leave.
Old 23-09-2017, 17:08   #1518
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
My e-mail has gone off...not expecting it to do much good, but at least I have made my disappointment clear.
No deaf ears and falling on comes to mind.

Here's what I sent:-

I am most fed up with the way we the voters have been treated since the democratic result for us to leave the EU has gone.
Brexit is Brexit, be brave stand up for your Country tell them it was an honest vote and we must leave now.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2017, 17:22   #1519
Beacon of light

I said that her ideas as to solve the deadlock were neither inventive nor imaginative, that she had betrayed the British voters who had made their wishes clear...which was to leave entirely...not be half in and half out while still paying into this self serving, money gobbling undemocratic organisation which has treated us with contempt.
I also said that if I said I was disappointed in her approach, this would be a gross understatement...and how much did she pay for her white flag.
I also said that she fell into the category of David Cameron...rolling over and capitulating on her principle.
KiTChener and cashman like this.
Margaret Pilkington is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2017, 20:03   #1520
I am Banned

Quote:
I said that her ideas as to solve the deadlock were neither inventive nor imaginative, that she had betrayed the British voters who had made their wishes clear...which was to leave entirely...not be half in and half out while still paying into this self serving, money gobbling undemocratic organisation which has treated us with contempt.
I also said that if I said I was disappointed in her approach, this would be a gross understatement...and how much did she pay for her white flag.
I also said that she fell into the category of David Cameron...rolling over and capitulating on her principle.
Napoleon tried to rule Europe, and the British kicked his arse, Kaiser Bill tried to rule Europe, and the British kicked his arse, then Adolf tried id on, and we kicked his arse, them frogs have never forgiven us for holding their hands, and changing their nappies in 1914 & 1939, so they joined foces wth the Krauts, and rule Europe together, If we stick together we can kick their arses again
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2017, 20:12   #1521
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
Napoleon tried to rule Europe, and the British kicked his arse, Kaiser Bill tried to rule Europe, and the British kicked his arse, then Adolf tried id on, and we kicked his arse, them frogs have never forgiven us for holding their hands, and changing their nappies in 1914 & 1939, so they joined foces wth the Krauts, and rule Europe together, If we stick together we can kick their arses again
Retlaw, the people who are leading this country are not made of the same stuff as they were back then, but I really, really hope you are right.
It does not bode well when our leaders cannot muster the troops to form a united front.
It gives those contemptuous bustards ammunition and makes us all look cowardly.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 24-09-2017, 20:25   #1522
God Member

Thanks for the email link, Margaret.
Doubt if the message will get anywhere near May, but maybe Boris has his spies in the comms team.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2017, 20:35   #1523
Beacon of light

You are welcome. Please feel free to pass it on...promote it wherever you can, the more people who send their opinions in the better.
I do not think that the PM will see any of them...other than perhaps the ones which applaud her...sent by remoaners in the hope that these delaying tactics will lead to our leaving the Eu being scuppered.
I just hope she gets knocked back and from the reports that I have read in the world media there does not seem to be much in the way of approval in her ideas.

They are certainly not new and they are hallmarked as 'soft' Brexit...which is not Brexit at all.
I have put my champagne back in its box(sigh)
Old 25-09-2017, 07:55   #1524
God Member

They are certainly not new and they are hallmarked as 'soft' Brexit...which is not Brexit at all.
I have put my champagne back in its box(sigh)[/QUOTE]

think you,ll need a duster for your box as what we want is not going to happen. all we are and were going to get is a watered down version as so many in OUR parliament do not want it and never did. they can then say we are following the majority that wanted out but we all know what has really happened.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2017, 09:59   #1525
Beacon of light

I am fairly resigned to that fact and I think on the morning that the results came out I said pretty much what you are saying...that is, 'we are a long way from being out'...I think I also remarked that I felt we would never be truly rid of this pernicious, undemocratic organisation.
I am a realist, so I am fully aware that the bottle of Dom might sit on top of my coffin...I hope that I am wrong(we can all live in hope...but right now the glimmer of it is so faint, it can hardly be seen).
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 08-10-2017, 12:34   #1526
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Having just checked on the petition to get us out immediately, I see the numbers are up in the 45,000nds & well past the 10,000 minimum for a reply, which, funnily enough I've not received my obligatory "HM Govs, blah de blah de blah couldn't give a toss about your wishes!" mail yet. Do you think someone's forgotten their eager public or more likely hoping the public will forget.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/200165
Old 08-10-2017, 12:52   #1527
Beacon of light

I haven't received anything either.
I have been watching with interest, the progress of this petition.
If, and when, this petition gets to 100,000 the government have to debate it.
This does not mean that we will get what we would like....which is,what we were promised.
A good deal(which is as likely as me becoming the pope) or we walk.

I can see the negotiators in this debacle getting the same deal that David Cameron came away with.
It has been clear right from the start that the EU do not want to negotiate on any level.
They have shown no inclination to do anything other than put obstacles in the way, they are doing their utmost to delay any kind of deal.

We need to call their bluff.
Tell them there is NO money being paid, turn our backs on any kind of trade agreement...and then watch what they do.

The current bunch of politicians would make awful poker players.
Old 09-10-2017, 19:44   #1528
God Member

Maybe a complete coincidence but, petition or not, this weekend has seen the first serious suggestions in the me-jah about telling the EU to go whistle if they are determined not to negotiate.
Planning for a CLEAN Brexit is the only rational option after 16 months of time-wasting.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 19:57   #1529
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

I agree 100% with exile, tell em to get stuffed if they will not be reasonable.
Old 10-10-2017, 08:06   #1530
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
I agree 100% with exile, tell em to get stuffed if they will not be reasonable.
agree too, but the problem isn,t just us as i think they are frightened that if we are allowed to leave without a fight from them others may follow quickly down the same path as we have. the whole EU nonsence is not as popular as they like to think which has caused a right wing revolution even in germany.
Less, cashman and DaveinGermany like this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..