Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3580Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-12-2017, 19:24   #1636
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Cashy, I am with you...but if they wanted to pay me 73K per year...do you think I would turn it down...would you?
in a word NO.
Old 17-12-2017, 19:51   #1637
Beacon of light

I don't really think anyone would.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2017, 05:06   #1638
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burningman View Post
I see that the shameless hypocrite Frage, beyond his disdain for the EU, has no problem at all in pocketing his 73K/year for life pension. Appalling.
Hardly a hypocrite, he's made clear his position since he's been an MEP & as far as I can see it's him & his fellow eurosceptic MEPs supporting the British perspective as a sovereign nation. Unlike the other turncoat arse kissing UK MEPs who've constantly followed the eu's anti British rhetoric & are trying their best to make UK just another sector of the eussr!

Mind you, as a colonial I don't suppose you understand sovereignty or what it's like to be a sovereign nation what with youse being a republic and all, that said though, your Donald J is apparently trying his utty to MAGA! Best of luck with that.
Old 18-12-2017, 08:32   #1639
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
All done & dusted ÖVP & FPÖ in coalition, looks like Austria have seen sense at last & will hopefully be sticking it to Junky & his sycophantic muppets.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world...ralist-project
Do you know Dave i have not seen that mentioned on our National News channels, I wonder why.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 18-12-2017, 10:19   #1640
Beacon of light

C'mon Cashy, you are not as green as you are cabbage looking.
Why would the main stream(left leaning) news channels report such a thing?
I honestly think that much of the media is in the pocket of the EU...and this makes it a no-no to report something which may further hack away at the EU experiment...throwing it into disrepute still further.(not that the reputation of the EU has ever been much to crow about)
cashman and monkey hanger like this.
Old 18-12-2017, 19:43   #1641
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Do you know Dave i have not seen that mentioned on our National News channels, I wonder why.
Shocked I tell you, absolutely shocked! And further to the story, Kurz was officially sworn in today.

PICTURES: Protests in Austria as New Right-Populist Government Sworn In

Ooh & look at that, those peaceful, fair & kindly leftards going about their protestations in a very grown up & adult manner.

And then there's this little nugget, read it & weep!

Commission: EU Too White, Mass Third World Migration Must Be 'New Norm'

And people wonder why the sensible folk of UK voted to leave ....
Old 18-12-2017, 21:00   #1642
Beacon of light

As for the peaceful leftards...we have them here too...they are part of the 'rent-a-mob' faction Momentum.
If they cannot get to where they want to be by democratic means then they will use any underhand tactic available.....and JC will turn a blind eye(or he may even be covertly egging them on...who knows?
Old 19-12-2017, 06:17   #1643

Jeremy Corbyn Doesn't give a toss. If he had his way, this great country of ours will turn into another Venezuela
hilleluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2017, 13:53   #1644
Beacon of light

He has been quoted as saying that this time next year he might be PM.

What a nightmare that would be.
Old 19-12-2017, 13:58   #1645
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
He has been quoted as saying that this time next year he might be PM.

What a nightmare that would be.
Well the pillock also said he may be pm by the end of the year., only about 12 days to go.
Old 19-12-2017, 14:21   #1646
Beacon of light

Cashy, you are being too kind calling him a pillock, there is some use in a pillock...You can use it as a door stop.
Old 21-12-2017, 04:50   #1647

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Hardly a hypocrite, he's made clear his position since he's been an MEP & as far as I can see it's him & his fellow eurosceptic MEPs supporting the British perspective as a sovereign nation. Unlike the other turncoat arse kissing UK MEPs who've constantly followed the eu's anti British rhetoric & are trying their best to make UK just another sector of the eussr!

Mind you, as a colonial I don't suppose you understand sovereignty or what it's like to be a sovereign nation what with youse being a republic and all, that said though, your Donald J is apparently trying his utty to MAGA! Best of luck with that.
"colonial" you patronising ass. I come from Dill Hall Lane! I emigrated and have made a home in California among some of the most open hearted people I have ever met. Not once have I been challenged as to my roots... but then again I am a white christian aren't I? That's what you guys are really talking about here isn't it? Brexit had nothing to do with economics or law... it's about brown people who speak funny and worship a different God coming over her and taking our .. blah blah. Well I am calling on your racism... It screams on many posts on this thread and it is shameful. I would think you would have more insight than most being a foreigner in another country. I hope you are being treated with more empathy and racial tolerance than you allow to others. Talk about hypocrisy.. you walk the walk mate.
Burningman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2017, 06:10   #1648
Beacon of light

You have been lucky to be adopted into the heart of your new country.
You are from Dill Hall Lane you tell us... but how long ago?
Have you visited this country recently?
Brexit was not just about immigration, it was about the erosion of our sovereignty, it was about the imposition of regulations from Brussels.
The recent thing about Mrs Merkel letting in all comers was, I think, the last straw.
The brown people who speak funny and worship a different god do not integrate.
The 'refugees' who are actually economic migrants and mostly male are given priority over homes...so that the indigent population find it difficult to get homes.
Those brown people who worship a different god despise western ways, so why do they want to settle here?
These brown guys are the ones who bomb young girls at a pop concert, they are the ones who use a truck as a weapon to mow down the people in the country that has offered them safety , a home, health care, education.

I think you have no concept of the way things here have changed by a policy of uncontrolled immigration.
Calling out someone as a racist is a fine way to shut down any meaningful debate.
I worked in the NHS with folk of all colours and creeds, I got on with them, but over the last two decades this country has changed drastically, beyond all recognition. Not for the better, I might add.
If I were younger and did not have responsibilities here I would get the hell out of the place.
There are places in this country(and pretty close to where you lived) where there are signs in the street which say whites are banned after 8pm.
I have a friend who is a health visitor who has been threatened by youths from an Asian heritage...and midwives who go out to the women of these communities take personal alarms with them because they too have been accosted.
Burningman, when you live here all the time and see first hand what is going on, then and only then can you offer up your opinion.
What you are seeing is through the telescope of media...and they do not offer an unbiased view.

I live here and I am telling you what I can see with my own eyes every single day.
I feel like a stranger in my own country.
Now if you want to call me a racist for telling you how I see things, then so be it. Your opinion cannot alter my perception and mine is more valid than yours because I am living here..you are not.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 21-12-2017 at 06:14.
Old 21-12-2017, 06:49   #1649
Beacon of light

Oh yes, something else about our perceived racism...have you read any of the reports of those brown men who talk funny and worship a different god, sexually abusing young and vulnerable white girls....Rochdale, Rotherham, Blackburn,Newcastle Oxford, and many many other places where these men saw white girls as easy game, trash and plied them with drugs and alcohol and then perpetrated despicable acts on them...handed them round to their friends to use and abuse.
What did the authorities do...well, not a lot to start off with.(in some areas there is still abuse of young girls taking place...and the victims are being blamed)
Why might this be do you think?
Well, I will tell you...the police and social services were afraid that their action would be seen as racist.
There are many many reasons why Brexit happened and whatever your call is on the subject, it will not be anywhere close to the reason I chose to put my x in the Leave box.
Old 21-12-2017, 07:47   #1650
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burningman View Post
"colonial" you patronising ass. I come from Dill Hall Lane! I emigrated and have made a home in California among some of the most open hearted people I have ever met. Not once have I been challenged as to my roots... but then again I am a white christian aren't I? That's what you guys are really talking about here isn't it? Brexit had nothing to do with economics or law... it's about brown people who speak funny and worship a different God coming over her and taking our .. blah blah. Well I am calling on your racism... It screams on many posts on this thread and it is shameful. I would think you would have more insight than most being a foreigner in another country. I hope you are being treated with more empathy and racial tolerance than you allow to others. Talk about hypocrisy.. you walk the walk mate.
You have just displayed pig ignorance, you really know sod all about the way things have developed oer here. if you knew dave you would know different, but like i said yeh know sod all.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..