Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3580Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-11-2018, 08:36   #1981
God Member

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;1219448]

How thick are those who are agitating to stay in the EU?
They have seen the nasty tactics use by various EU 'negotiators' and I use that term in the loosest sense, because there has been NO attempt to negotiate.....still the remainers want to stay....

the thing is the remainers think those like us who want out are the thick ones. its an issue i,m afraid that will divide the country longer than anything else has ever done. have always said that i cannot actually see us leaving and even if we did the deal we will get will be nowhere near what people who voted out really wanted.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-11-2018, 08:58   #1982
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Seems May has done exactly what i expected? sold us down the river, this will no doubt suit some of the knobheads,
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 15-11-2018, 09:22   #1983
Beacon of light

This is not a deal..unless you ordered it RAW.
I cannot see this getting through Parliament.
Already Dominic Raab has resigned because he thinks it is a betrayal.
It is alleged that Sabine Wayand remarked that the deal left us under EU control....she later denied this(well, of course she would do). Michel Barnier, Donald Tusk, JCJuncker must be laughing their socks of....they have the money in their sights and the disunited UK by the gonads.

If we sign up to this then we cannot decide to leave without permission from the EU(how likely is it they will agree to let us leave?)...so it is a Remainers dream ticket.
It is definitely a 'Hotel California' situation.
hilleluk and monkey hanger like this.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 15-11-2018 at 09:24.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2018, 09:41   #1984
God Member

the whole thing reminds me of an old brian rix farce or a new carry on film thats about to be released. like putting the country into the hands of groucho marks and his brothers.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2018, 10:58   #1985
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

May has repeatdly LIED to the British Public about Brexit oer the last 2 years, anyone care to deny this? the vote was simple people voted leave because wanted CONTROL of our country, hoe many times has May stated Brexit means Brexit? we cant even leave without E.U. agreement if this goes through, and whats more paying for the privilege,
Old 15-11-2018, 12:37   #1986
Senior Member+

is anyone daft enough to believe Theresa May will still be prime minister come January 2019
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2018, 14:00   #1987
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Why anyone takes notice of thin mon baffles me.he has always spouted crap on here.
Idiot! Go and buy some brown bread! Fact is people have been brainwashed by daily rags like the Sun that the EU is evil, it was Tony Blair who let all the Muslims in, nothing to do with EU. UK is no longer an empire that rules the world.

Last edited by kestrelx; 15-11-2018 at 14:03.
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2018, 14:05   #1988
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
the whole thing reminds me of an old brian rix farce or a new carry on film thats about to be released. like putting the country into the hands of groucho marks and his brothers.
You referring to the Tory party. God help us if we have an hard Brexit under Jacob Rees Mogg/Boris and co - they will be cutting our workers/human rights like there is no tomorrow.

Last edited by kestrelx; 15-11-2018 at 14:08.
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2018, 14:14   #1989
Beacon of light

None of us are under any illusion that we have an empire and rule the world...that is not what we want.
We want to be able to determine our own destiny, rather than have the overlords in Nrussels dishing out their orders.
Successive governments have sold us down the river in respect of the EU.
It was sold to the British people as a TRADING alliance, not a political and fiscal union.
This is what it has morphed into....and we have only been asked once during my lifetime how we felt about it....it was mis-sold to us....and I want my money back.

We are supposedly important to the EU...or that is what Michel Barnier and Co would have us believe....yes, but they treat us like something that needs to be scraped off the sole of their shoe....insulted and disrespected....but you seem to feel that that treatment is alright, do you?
hilleluk and monkey hanger like this.
Old 15-11-2018, 14:23   #1990
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
You referring to the Tory party. God help us if we have an hard Brexit under Jacob Rees Mogg/Boris and co - they will be cutting our workers/human rights like there is no tomorrow.
There are all these prognostications about what MIGHT happen....what COULD happen....no one is in any position to judge. No-one knows.
Least of all you,unless you have seen some documentary evidence that workers/human rights are going to be cut...it is just scaremongering, another page in the chapter of Project Fear.

If this deal(God forbid) goes through then we will not be in any position to forge new trade deals, we will be handed rules from Brussels without any say in how they are formulated....they will certainly not be to our advantage because the EU would love us to fail in a spectacular manner.
They tell us that free movement will be stopped, but that is IF the EU do not pass some regulation that negates that....once they have our 39 billion in their back pocket they can do what the hell,they like and we will be powerless to do Jack about it.
Old 15-11-2018, 14:34   #1991
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
idiot! Go and buy some brown bread! Fact is people have been brainwashed by daily rags like the sun that the eu is evil, it was tony blair who let all the muslims in, nothing to do with eu. Uk is no longer an empire that rules the world.
simpleton
Old 15-11-2018, 15:10   #1992
Full Member+

Following the round of resignations we have seen today, I am left wondering if those who have 'resigned' were in fact greased up and slid out of the door so they don't cause too much of a rumpus. We have heard rumours of dirty tactics employed by the EU but I suspect our government are just as capable of underhand activities to get what they ultimately want.

In the democracy we are supposed to live in, why are all the discussions held behind closed doors and the minutes of such meetings not published? If we were privy to the discussions and more importantly the sticking points, both sides of this debate could offer constructive comments based on facts rather than guesswork. We keep hearing about 'the deal' as if the government are tendering for a new supply of paper clips.

I don't see our leaving the EU as a complex matter, we owe an amount of money to pay for arrangements we have already signed up to. This figure isn't a matter of guesswork, it is an amount which can be easily calculated by adding up the cost of all the individual deals we have agreed to. All this talk of tariffs which may be imposed on imported and exported goods is the thing standing in the way of free trade to and from the rest of Europe. The ramblings of many of the remoaners I have read seem to suggest that they are convinced that after March 2019, all EU import/export will cease. Nobody in their right mind would even think that French farmers, Italian Prosecco producers and all the other groups who sell us produce will be happy to lose our custom. There is only one thing standing in the way of simple free trade with Europe after we leave the EU and those are the damned self serving politicians on both sides of the EU border.

http://www.studiosoft.co.uk

Family History - Can you help to fill in the gaps? - http://www.hodgkinsonclark.co.uk
Hodgkinson, Clark, Baxter, Gardner, Spilman, Ward, Lofthouse, Fowler, Westwell
Morecambe Ex Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2018, 15:19   #1993
Beacon of light

It is only a hard job if you do not have the stomach for it.

Like you, I do not believe that life post Brexit(even if no deal is reached) will come to a grinding halt.

Look at all the doom mongering that went on straight after the vote.....and have any of them come true?

The fact that Guy Verhofstad, Donald Tusk, Michel Barnier are ready to welcome this deal should start the alarm bells ringing.
If they are happy to accept it, then it has to mean that it is NOT in our interests.
Old 15-11-2018, 17:57   #1994
Full Member+

We hear all the doom and gloom about companies relocating to other countries post Brexit but why would they do that? If they are not present in this country to trade here why are they here in the first place? Some companies, Nissan springs to mind, did not build various car plants around the UK because they felt sorry for the poor old brits, they came here because of both our expertise and various sweeteners thrown their way.

we hear remoaners harping on about how it is going to set us back 50 years but why should it. If we manage to find a government capable of strong leadership we can be great once again. No doubt the doom and gloom merchants will jump on such claims as being unrealistic but success is bourn out of encouraging new business.

What exactly do the current government muppets do to encourage enterprise? This country makes a lot of money out of financial services but grass roots industry is what knits communities together and creates local wealth. Where are the start up units with peppercorn rents to encourage potential businesses to have a go? Our lot have not been able to think beyond selling all the social housing stock to make ends meet. It is time to give the professional politicians the big heave ho! and pass the reins to business minded people who can think beyond the short term and look towards long term wealth.

I wanted to rent some office space but what was available (all private) was exorbitantly expensive and out of my budget. Our local council don't have any office space available but they have managed to convert what was a learning centre, based in an old mill, into a very luxurious paper shuffling factory for their own employees. The money is there, the need is there but unfortunately the purse strings are in the hands of highly educated visionless idiots.

http://www.studiosoft.co.uk

Family History - Can you help to fill in the gaps? - http://www.hodgkinsonclark.co.uk
Hodgkinson, Clark, Baxter, Gardner, Spilman, Ward, Lofthouse, Fowler, Westwell
Morecambe Ex Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2018, 18:07   #1995
Beacon of light

Absolutely spot on.

They have made heavy weather of the negotiations....that said, it has not helped that those in Brussels have known the game plan, (courtesy of government traitors)has made the most of a divided government.
Divide and conquer....that is how it is done.

Visionless and spineless....hellfire, it is a good job this lot were not around in 1939.

I despair for our future generations.
If something is worth having, it has to be earned....anything that comes easy is worth nothing.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..