Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3580Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-11-2018, 08:58   #1996
God Member

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

[QUOTE=Morecambe Ex Pat;1219481]

we hear remoaners harping on about how it is going to set us back 50 years but why should it.

my god i wish it would. no eu, better standard of living, stronger trade unions, better health service and we,d know how to avoid thatcher and blair. has our life really improved since the common market and then the eu.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-11-2018, 09:04   #1997
Beacon of light

I have seen a picture of Michel Barnier and Donald Tusk with the draft document in their hands....their broad grins tell me that this cannot be a good deal for us...it says 'now we have them by the short and curlies...let's see them get out of this one'

TM promised that no deal was better than a bad deal.

I cannot see how anyone can see this as a half decent deal...well, other than those across the channel and the remainers...to them it is a very good deal because it keeps us under tight control of the Brussels lot....with no say in how the rules are to be made.

In this deal we cannot leave without permission.....they talk about a no deal being like jumping off a cliff, but I would take my chance with that over this deal.

It looks like my bottle of Dom will be sitting for a good while yet.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2018, 09:09   #1998
Senior Member+

I cannot see why we have to pay them to come out. I wish we could just say " Right that's it we're out" and let them sing for any money. We survived without them before the EU.
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2018, 09:24   #1999
Beacon of light

If this deal goes through it will be a capitulation, a sell out of the electorate.
It could be 2099 and we will still be locked in...swallowing EU cod liver oil. Nasty.
Might as well get rid of the name Great. Ritalin and take on the name Province 12...we will have little relevance, no influence...we will be forever enslaved.
Glad to be at the bum end of my life....if I were younger I would emigrate.
Gremlin likes this.
Old 16-11-2018, 09:30   #2000
God Member

[QUOTE=maxthecollie;1219506]I cannot see why we have to pay them to come out.

its like being a member of something like a golf club and they say you cannot resign you must pay for the privilege of doing so. that is unless there is a rule written in stone that member states have to pay if they do resign. more like they are making it up as they go along.
Old 16-11-2018, 09:56   #2001
Senior Member+

I voted to leave the EU and that means out of the single market, out of the customs union, an end to the open borders, and if our government can not or will not deliver that we should just walk away
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2018, 10:43   #2002
Beacon of light

That was what I voted for too....not this half assed Hokey Cokey deal that leaves us without the ability to forge new trade deals with countries outside the EU.
America and Australia must be looking at us and wondering how we became so weak willed and spineless.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 16-11-2018, 10:49   #2003
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accybeme View Post
I voted to leave the EU and that means out of the single market, out of the customs union, an end to the open borders, and if our government can not or will not deliver that we should just walk away
the thing is actually what would happen if the government just said that as from a certain date in 2019 thats it we are leaving. what if any international laws would we break that would cost us.
Old 16-11-2018, 10:52   #2004
God Member

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;1219511]That was what I voted for too....not this half assed Hokey Cokey

more like altering the words of the grand old duke of york. once we were in we were in, once we are out we are out, but now we are only half way in we are neither in nor out.
Old 16-11-2018, 11:48   #2005
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

I am starting to wonder what T.M. has been promised for this? it certainly didn't do Heath any harm.
Old 16-11-2018, 12:48   #2006

I find it a real shame that the Trades Description Act does not apply to politics. If it did we would have had less rubbish talked by both sides before the referendum (possibly even some useful information) and we certainly should be being subjected to less verbal diarrhoea now as some remember the fines that should have been levied.

Perhaps not, I just consulted my dictionary for the word ‘politics’, it seems its a verb and the only example given is ‘engage in political activity: the cumbersome bureaucracy and politicking of the European Community’.

Aah well I should have guessed.
Hill Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2018, 14:28   #2007
Senior Member+

david cameron gave us a referendum.
the ballot paper gave us two choices.
1: remain a member of the european union.
2: leave the european union.
the majority voted to leave.
the trouble was that the voters wanted to leave but the politions & 80% of the media wanted to remain, to me it seems like the government have been trying to water down the leave the european union to a version that suits the politions,
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2018, 14:40   #2008
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accybeme View Post
david cameron gave us a referendum.
the ballot paper gave us two choices.
1: remain a member of the european union.
2: leave the european union.
the majority voted to leave.
the trouble was that the voters wanted to leave but the politions & 80% of the media wanted to remain, to me it seems like the government have been trying to water down the leave the european union to a version that suits the politions,
Its all about the MONEY them slugs will make if we Stay in the E.U. what the public voted dont matter 1 jot. the remain scum are saying many older voters have now died and many young that were not old enough now are.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 16-11-2018, 15:35   #2009
Beacon of light

Mark Francois(Tory MP for Rayleigh and Wickford) puts this fiasco at the door of pro-EU senior civil servants.
Old 16-11-2018, 16:00   #2010
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Mark Francois(Tory MP for Rayleigh and Wickford) puts this fiasco at the door of pro-EU senior civil servants.
The senior civil servants will have no doubt played a part in this fiasco, but the politicos greed to me play the largest part, thats probably a deflection i think. the kinnocks are a good example of greed.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..