Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3580Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2018, 19:33   #2101
God Member

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreJoe View Post
....I had always counted on Auntie Beeb to provide News rather than editorial?
Joe, you don’t know just how wrong you’ve been.
I listen to a lot of BBC Radio 4 and, regrettably, have come to the conclusion that it is a political organ. I don’t mean just in what news it reports but also in all it’s output. Nearly every radio programme has a political slant, and it slants the same way.
hilleluk likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is online now   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-12-2018, 19:57   #2102
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Joe, you don’t know just how wrong you’ve been.
I listen to a lot of BBC Radio 4 and, regrettably, have come to the conclusion that it is a political organ. I don’t mean just in what news it reports but also in all it’s output. Nearly every radio programme has a political slant, and it slants the same way.
Which way?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 20:44   #2103
Beacon of light

It seems the disillusionment of the EU by ordinary people is not confined to the UK...maybe people are waking up to the dictatorial ways that Brussels employs to keep 'club members' in line.
Not a second before time.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 09:33   #2104
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
It seems the disillusionment of the EU by ordinary people is not confined to the UK...maybe people are waking up to the dictatorial ways that Brussels employs to keep 'club members' in line.
Not a second before time.
Well France,Greece,Spain,Holland, Belgium, some people seem to be waking up to that fact, perhaps others also.
Old 10-12-2018, 10:30   #2105
Senior Member+

The ECJ (court of justice what a joke) it’s just been shown to be a political tool of the corrupt EU, almost pleading for traitor Theresa May to scrap Brexit
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 10:53   #2106
Beacon of light

Yes, they are saying that we could just revoke Article 50.
They would love that.
There would be no need to look for how to plug the great gaping hole in their finances when we DO eventually leave.
Old 10-12-2018, 12:25   #2107
God Member

It’s laughable now.
While the Govt were dithering over whether to invoke Aticle 50 (it only took them 9 months) I’m sure I remember them being ‘warned’ by EU ‘experts’ that, once done, it couldn’t be revoked.
Old 10-12-2018, 12:27   #2108
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Which way?
Mmm, let me think about that.
Maybe appointing an ex Labour Party Minister, Blair acolyte, and ‘alleged’ expenses fiddler as Head of BBC radio gives a clue.
Old 10-12-2018, 18:05   #2109

For some time, the Prime Minister has insisted , quite rightly in my opinion that the result of the referendum should be followed through and UK should leave the EU on 29 March next year. She felt that democracy should be respected and that is what the people voted for. Again I am in total agreement with this.
Today, she informs Parliament that the "meaningful vote " on her deal would not happen tomorrow as it would most likely be significantly rejected. How does this fit in with democracy (which originates from the Greek demos and kratia, the power of the people). Today we have the power of one person who can disregard democracy if they are going to lose.

Mark
Mark2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 18:29   #2110

Just reading the reports on this afternoons proceedings in Parliament and this made me smile.

Labour MP Peter Kyle asks whether it's true that no prime minister is better than a bad prime minister.
Mark
Mark2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 18:30   #2111
Beacon of light

She wants time to give away more concessions to the grinning loons in Brussels.....while they encourage her to see that revoking article 50 is quite feasible....desirable even....from their point of view that is.
Whatever gave you the idea that democracy would be respected Mark?
It is only respected when it meets with their idea of what is right....don't you know that we are far to thick to be able to understand such a complicated principle?

What a blooming dogs breakfast. I am ashamed to be British.
Old 10-12-2018, 19:07   #2112
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

As far as i'm concerned today displays perfectly the "Arrogance" of this bitch, everyone has virtually told her the deal is crap. shes insisted this vote will be tomorrow,and 24 hours before has cancelled, simply cos the penny has dropped, yet she has also always insisted No Deal,is better than a bad deal, yet is she gonna tell em that? is she hell as like, shes going back yon to try get some movement on the backstop, NOT to start re-negotiating, shes been full of crap from day 1, never once has she left it up to the brexit negotiator to try to get a reasonable deal, which is why they have all quit.
Gremlin likes this.
Old 10-12-2018, 21:25   #2113

Sitting here across the Atlantic watching the back and forth between Britain and the EU. Then between TM and TM (I am sure she is talking to herself...and arguing too)
I see a situation today best summed up by the Internet expression "W T F".
cashman likes this.
MoreJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 10:11   #2114
God Member

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;....while they encourage her to see that revoking article 50 is quite feasible....desirable even....from their point of view that is.

and that has always been the problem, its always been from their point of view yet some still do not grasp it.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 11:32   #2115
Senior Member+

I’ve never thought of myself as a destructive type of chap but after watching BBC2 news this morning and hearing all the reasons we should cancel Brexit the TV nearly went though the window. Only the thought of the cold air blowing in stopped me.
In my eyes even those who say they support Brexit are secretly working against it happening.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..