Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3580Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2018, 11:48   #2116
Beacon of light

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

It makes you think that all of this was pre-ordained....that this skulduggery was meant to thwart the clean break that we should be having....though it looks further and further away.
It makes me think that it has been manufactured to ensure that we never get out...that we are hand cuffed to this club...having to pay in forever with no influence whatsoever.
All part of the NWO plan.
As Donald Trump said....'it is a good deal for the EU'.
I cannot see how TM....or any sane person can see this as an acceptable deal.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-12-2018, 12:09   #2117
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Basically the cow has sold us down the river imho
Old 11-12-2018, 13:22   #2118
Beacon of light

Well, she was put into a fighting match and the people who are supposed to be her allies tied both her fists behind her back and tied her at the ankles too.

Not just TM to blame, there are a lot of traitors in both major parties...and you have the also remember that both business and the Bank of England 'talked down' the UK...the hand of Soros is in there too.
There was no united front presented by the government and everyone knows that if you can divide a nation, you can conquer it.
I am ashamed of the antics of those that are supposed to be leaders(and paid a lot of money to do burger all).
cashman and hilleluk like this.
Old 11-12-2018, 14:08   #2119
Beacon of light

Right now TM is running round Europe kissing the butts of those who are keen to see her(and the UK) humiliated and cowed.
What do you think she will come back with?
I will tell you what she will get from them....ZERO....nada,nothing, a big fat duck egg....not only that she has been made by these guys to look stupid and weak....not a good look for a PM.
She should kick them in the goolies and tell them that come March we are out of there, that as they have been so intransigent, we will take our 39 billion quid and play in our own yard.
Old 11-12-2018, 17:25   #2120
Senior Member+

Problem is the British Empire no longer exists, leave EU we will be vulnerable to attack - fact is we are going to have to pay "lip service" to USA if we leave with hard Brexit and they will demand concessions on deals - do you think it's going to be so easy to deal with Trump? WTO rules take long time to sort out.
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 17:37   #2121
Beacon of light

Problem is that there has been NO negotiation, there have been no compromises made by the EU....only by the UK.
You can NEVER negotiate from a weak position, only from a strong one.
The EU know that the PM is desperate to avoid the NO DEAL scenario and they know she has NO support for the current terms(because a deal will not be thrashed out until the terms of exit are ratified which Parliament won't do).
They are waiting for her to cave in.
She is like an injured animal, being circled by jackals waiting to rip her to bits.
Things will be no better when she gets back with her zero result....because she has a home grown set of jackals waiting to ambush her here.
Old 11-12-2018, 17:37   #2122
Senior Member+

Thereas May should have resigned long ago, she will go down as the worsted PM in this country’s history even surpassing neville chamberlain, from the time she became prime minister she said Brexit means Brexit then forced the four cabinet minister who believed in Brexit to leave, then went on to fudge and dilute Brexit to a position that neither the stay or remain could except,
kestrelx likes this.
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 17:50   #2123
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Problem is that there has been NO negotiation, there have been no compromises made by the EU....only by the UK.
You can NEVER negotiate from a weak position, only from a strong one.
The EU know that the PM is desperate to avoid the NO DEAL scenario and they know she has NO support for the current terms(because a deal will not be thrashed out until the terms of exit are ratified which Parliament won't do).
They are waiting for her to cave in.
She is like an injured animal, being circled by jackals waiting to rip her to bits.
Things will be no better when she gets back with her zero result....because she has a home grown set of jackals waiting to ambush her here.
Apparently May got locked in her car when supposed to get out and meet Merkel today!

Back after the Referendum I thought that we should have had Boris as PM when we voted to leave but that didn't work out and we got May! Now I think the Referen-dumb was a bad idea.

It should have had 3 options: 1) Stay in. 2) Leave cutting all ties. 3) Leave with a deal. Because I think a lot of people didn't really know what "Leave" meant.
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 17:57   #2124
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
Apparently May got locked in her car when supposed to get out and meet Merkel today!

Back after the Referendum I thought that we should have had Boris as PM when we voted to leave but that didn't work out and we got May! Now I think the Referen-dumb was a bad idea.

It should have had 3 options: 1) Stay in. 2) Leave cutting all ties. 3) Leave with a deal. Because I think a lot of people didn't really know what "Leave" meant.
you could only put leave with a deal as an option, if you knew what the deal was
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 18:30   #2125
Beacon of light

No, no, no.....there cannot be another vote.
And there cannot be the option to remain....that issue was already decided by the referendum.
If there were to be another vote then it will undermine the concept of democracy forever.
Suppose leave won by a similar margin....would they ask for another vote saying we were too thick to understand the implications....would it turn into the best of five?

I understood what I was voting for.
TM said that she would broker a good deal....and she also said that NO deal was better than a bad deal.
I was not voting for a Hokey-Cokey deal....one where we still pay in, have rules handed to us with no say in how those rules are formulated.
I certainly did not want a deal that would handcuff us to the EU because we cannot unilaterally tell the EU we are leaving....they have to give us permission.

I voted to leave the Customs union, I voted to revoke free movement of people, I voted to leave the single market, I voted to be free of the ECJ.
There has been no negotiation.
They have treated the UK with contempt...they have insulted us, bullied us, they have laughed at us and ridiculed the attempts to broker a deal.

How can those who voted to remain accept these tactics?
Do they not see what I can see....that this is not how you treat a country that you would like to remain as an ally to....that is not how you treat a member.
It is undemocratic, it is a dictatorship.....we have no say in who decides our fate...and in that respect our sovereignty has been traded away.
This organisation is NOT what we signed up to.
We signed up to a trading organisation.....we bought a gas cooker but got a fridge.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 11-12-2018 at 18:33.
Old 11-12-2018, 18:38   #2126
God Member

Quote:
.... Now I think the Referen-dumb was a bad idea.

If you voted leave and are now willing to swallow all the cr*p the metropolitan media have been feeding us for the last three years you’re just the kind of voter they want us all to be. Malleable.
How can it now be a bad idea, but you want another referendum?
If you remember (it was so long ago and no-one in the media ever mentions it) Cameron went to Brussels before he called the referendum to get a new deal. He came back without one.
So we who voted leave KNEW that “Leave” meant “NO DEAL”.
A three option referendum as you suggest (actually it’s not your idea, it’s being pushed by professional Remoaners) is just the kind of political con trick beloved of the establishment to split the opposition.
If we have another vote I say TELL THEM AGAIN!
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 18:43   #2127
Beacon of light

I really DO hope that there will not be another vote....it sends out the totally wrong message.
However, if it did come to that, then I would tell them again.
LEAVE, LEAVE,LEAVE, totally....no ifs or buts.
No money to the EU....spend the money on this country.
accybeme likes this.
Old 11-12-2018, 18:51   #2128
Beacon of light

Quote:
Now I think the Referen-dumb was a bad idea.
You have fallen into the habit that many remoaners use...(I cannot believe, from what you have said previously, that you voted to leave)thinly veiled insults towards the intellect of those who voted to leave. Implying that those who voted to remain were of superior intellect
You may say that you have not levelled insults against those who voted to leave....and that is true.....but you have strongly alluded to them.
You need to improve your argument.
Old 11-12-2018, 19:19   #2129
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
You have fallen into the habit that many remoaners use...(I cannot believe, from what you have said previously, that you voted to leave)thinly veiled insults towards the intellect of those who voted to leave. Implying that those who voted to remain were of superior intellect
You may say that you have not levelled insults against those who voted to leave....and that is true.....but you have strongly alluded to them.
You need to improve your argument.
Yeh have got to have an IQ,to improve an argument so wasting yer time there.
Old 11-12-2018, 19:47   #2130
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

IF there is another vote and the remains don't turn out voting leave 'we want democracy', then it isn't the leavers that are thick it's the idiots that will be selling what little voting power we have down the river.
The vote was leave, let's make sure the majority get what they wanted not what the E.U. is bullying our weak politicians into.
A majority is a majority even if by only 1 vote.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..