Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3580Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2019, 10:09   #2386
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accybeme View Post
I see MP’s that can’t agree on Brexit had no trouble on agreeing another pay rise of £2000
They deserve it, they have a hell of a lot of indecisions and undemocratic moves to make over the coming months.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-03-2019, 10:28   #2387
Beacon of light

This takes their income up to £79 K.....and that is without any perks or allowances.
Personally, I would not give them the steam off my tea.
The majority of them are a shower of fertliizer...guano....S.H.1 T.....doo doo.

As you can see I hold them in the highest esteem.....come the next election...they won't be knocking on MY door....well not unless they want a tongue lashing.
KiTChener and monkey hanger like this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 21:53   #2388
Beacon of light

This is an interesting read....and a bit scary too.
https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2018/1...brexit-deal-2/
Old 11-03-2019, 19:10   #2389
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
This is an interesting read....and a bit scary too.
https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2018/1...brexit-deal-2/
That makes perfect sense to a snake like Teresa May, who i believe has done sod all but bullshine people since the start.
Old 11-03-2019, 20:34   #2390
Beacon of light

The thing is Cashy, no newspaper is raising these issues so that people can see the fakery that is being sold to the electorate.

Now my understanding is that come the 29th....and if no agreement has been secured then we leave the EU on WTO rules.
Although these snakes are angling for an extension on article 50.... this will be charged at £1 billion quid a month.....so it will be in the interests of the EU to delay for as long as possible....and rake in the proceeds.

What ALSO has not been reported is that during the time after we leave. And for something like 2 years we can trade TARIFF FREE with all the EU countries.

We are not informed of these things because the elite political circles want to keep us in the dark and fearful of leaving.

The political Elite have their own agenda...and leaving the EU is not what they want to happen.
If we had voted to stay in then we would never have known what twisted lying snakes they all are...in it for their own ends.

I can't wait for the next GE....and the parties seeking votes....let any of them knock on my door and they will regret it.

I think democracy has died...that is if it ever existed(which I sincerely doubt).
cashman likes this.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 11-03-2019 at 20:37.
Old 11-03-2019, 20:42   #2391
Beacon of light

As for Theresa May...it would not have made one iota of difference who was negotiating....because the EU has 'negotiated' nothing.
You cannot negotiate unless both sides know where they want to be and are BOTH willing to make some compromises.
It is clear that the EU will give nothing...it is not in their interests....except the U.K. leaving without an agreement is as damaging to them(possibly more so) as it might be for us.

They also want to deter any other upstart countries who might want to emulate a U.K.exit.
Old 11-03-2019, 20:45   #2392
Beacon of light

I posted that link just to inform those who are interested, about what the TM deal really means....and it definitely does not mean us leaving...other than in name only.
It is not a good deal, in fact it is probably worse than the deal that David Cameron rejected.

I also feel that the dealings have been frustrated and drawn out to create Brexit 'fatigue'.....so that people get bored and will accept anything.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 11-03-2019 at 20:47.
Old 11-03-2019, 22:48   #2393
Full Member+

I'm just wondering what on earth these meaningful votes are supposed to achieve?

There's a vote again tomorrow on TM's deal, which has already been rejected once. Then there's another on the 13th on whether to leave with no deal, if the government rejects the no-deal it then votes on whether to extend Article 50. No one seems to know what happens if the vote is for no extension? Surely that would mean a no deal brexit?

I think you're right about brexit fatigue......
Old 12-03-2019, 07:10   #2394
Beacon of light

I think they are indicators....to see what the lie of the land is(but I may have misunderstood this)....and yet if that is the case how can they be meaningful?

To take 'no deal' out of the equation would remove any leverage(however minimal this might be) from the negotiations.
For goodness sake have none of these MP's ever played cards or domino's....you don't let your opponents see what cards you have in your hand.
Are they dummies or what?

The ONLY meaningful vote was the one in June 2016...and we were led to believe that the government would honour this.

So far this has not come to pass.

The blame for this lies on BOTH SIDES.
The EU have never showed any signs of real negotiation.....and both political parties are full of remainer snakes whose will is to thwart the will of the people.
Democracy, it seems, only counts if we vote the way they ....the elite, think we should.
Anything else and we are deemed to 'thick' to be able to make an informed vote.

NO BLOODY BACKBONE....ANY OF THEM!
Old 12-03-2019, 08:18   #2395
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Yeh have nailed it correctly, the blame for this lies on all sides, most M.P.s wanted and voted remain, to feather their own nests, what the people voted never even counted to these snakes, the trouble is many are too STUPID to see what has occured.
Old 12-03-2019, 08:33   #2396
Beacon of light

I think SOME are not astute enough to see they are being duped.
But remember way back when....it was our generation who were duped into believing that the EEC (as it was then) was always going to be just a trading organisation.

That was what the elite wanted us to think.

You can only make judgements based on the information that you have.
If that information is skewed or distorted (by the people you are being governed by...and are supposed to trust, because YOU put them there)then you are not going to make the right decisions.

All through the process of the UK's proposed exit from the EU I have read, and read, and read....all kinds of documents....boring dull stuff, stuff that fills me with despair for the way the politicians disregard their responsibilities.
I have learned much....but that has been because I do not swallow just what popular newsprint would like us to believe....because they too have their own agendas.

I think the latest developments may get acceptance in Parliament....but if it does and we go with the deal offered by the EU(even with the tweaks to the backstop) we are stuffed and will never truly be free of the blood sucking undemocratic organisation.....and they are slavverin' at this thought....that they have bamboozled the people of the UK.

Nowt new there is there?
Old 12-03-2019, 08:54   #2397
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Thought not astute enough, was a nice way of saying stupid?
Old 12-03-2019, 10:50   #2398
God Member

If Northern Ireland is forced by May’s sell-out (i.e. Juncker’s deal) to remain under the control of the E.U. then, according to the article below, it would be in contravention of the EU’s own laws.
Remind anyone of that rallying call “No taxation without representation”?

https://briefingsforbrexit.com/the-b...-human-rights/

Bring on the Real Brexit Party at the next election.
Exile on Spencer St is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 10:56   #2399
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
If Northern Ireland is forced by May’s sell-out (i.e. Juncker’s deal) to remain under the control of the E.U. then, according to the article below, it would be in contravention of the EU’s own laws.
Remind anyone of that rallying call “No taxation without representation”?

https://briefingsforbrexit.com/the-b...-human-rights/

Bring on the Real Brexit Party at the next election.
Will it not be too late the next election? Does the lisbon treaty not knacker us up?
Old 12-03-2019, 11:37   #2400
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Will it not be too late the next election? Does the lisbon treaty not knacker us up?
In what way, Cashy?
Unless we do get a ‘clean’ break from the E.U. at the end of this month, whatever those self-serving, spineless snakes in Whitehall and Brussels decide I doubt if this issue will go away.
Two referendum defeats hasn’t made Scottish independence go away because there’s a political party that is predicated on that one issue.
If the clear will of the British public is ‘defeated’ by “them’ then, if a Brexit Party was established I will vote for it.
Exile on Spencer St is online now   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..