Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3580Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-04-2019, 09:05   #2731
God Member

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
I hear Anne Widdecombe has joined the Brexit Party.
Good on her.
Exile on Spencer St is online now   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-05-2019, 15:49   #2732

It seems the cross party talks are unlikely to produce anything as the Government are apparently unwilling to remove their "red lines" and Labour are wanting a confirmatory vote for the public on any agreement.
Where will we end up? I don't know. I know where I would like us to end up, leaving with no deal if that's what it takes. However I cant see that happening. Handled properly, this could have been a great opportunity for us to take back control but I feel this has now slipped by.
It would be good to hear other opinions about where we may end up ( rather than where we would like to end up)
Mark
Mark2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2019, 19:23   #2733
God Member

Getting out of the EUSSR will only slip by if 17.4million voters are too tired or disillusioned to let the Metropolitan traitors get away with it.
I ain't giving up and will cast every vote between now and eternity for any person or party that has leaving as its primary objective.
Right now, that's the Brexit Party.
If Leave voters sit on their hands in the Eurine election next week, the Remain establishment and media will tell themselves that they've finally seen off what they regard as the enemy, but the rest of us call the British public.
As they used to say in Northern Ireland, vote early and vote often.
Exile on Spencer St is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2019, 19:35   #2734
Beacon of light

I will most definitely NOT be sitting on my hands....I will be voting.....and for anyone but the major parties(that includes the Lib dems....neither Liberal nor Democratic).

I will haul my sorry carcass to the polling station for every vote.....and will again vote for anyone who promises to get us out(not that promises mean much to politicians) of the corrupt organisation that is the EU.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2019, 19:41   #2735
Beacon of light

I still do not think that the anger of the electorate has got through to these self serving men and women who pretend that they are doing their best to get us out.

The easiest thing would have been to leave on the 29th of March....without any kind of agreement.
That would really have put the scares up those in Brussels....but no, our spineless politicians vetoed that possibility.
KiTChener likes this.
Old 15-05-2019, 08:29   #2736
God Member

at the end of the day we will remain. said the same thing months ago and whats happened has not made me change my mind. those like me who never wanted to join in the first place and could not wait to vote to leave will have their hopes dashed again by those in power who know all. you can have your democracy as long as you agree with us.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2019, 08:43   #2737
Beacon of light

There was a report in the media yesterday that the extension will go on until 2020.(of course it will. We are paying for the dubious privilege of being trapped....and the EU want us for the money....nothing else)
I saw the ballot paper for the EU elections yesterday.(my daughter has a postal vote)
The Brexit party will get my vote.
I hope that others will do the same.
Let's give the MP's a boot up the bracket.
Old 15-05-2019, 08:45   #2738
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
at the end of the day we will remain. said the same thing months ago and whats happened has not made me change my mind. those like me who never wanted to join in the first place and could not wait to vote to leave will have their hopes dashed again by those in power who know all. you can have your democracy as long as you agree with us.
I hope you are wrong...but fear that might be the outcome.
Old 15-05-2019, 09:37   #2739

Probably the best hope now for a reasonably clean exit is for this country and its new MEPs to be such a pain in the neck that europe decides we are not worth the trouble and throws us out.
Anyone want to be an MEP - required qualifications Hard Brexiteer and/or certified.
cashman likes this.
Hill Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2019, 10:16   #2740
God Member

[QUOTE=Hill Walker;1228322]Probably the best hope now for a reasonably clean exit is for this country and its new MEPs to be such a pain in the neck that europe decides we are not worth the trouble and throws us out.

if only. we could be the boil on the backside of europe but they,d take it for the money they,ll get off us.
Old 15-05-2019, 10:23   #2741
Beacon of light

I think it would depend on the kind of disruption that was created.

The removal of the option to leave without ratifying the withdrawal agreement(wrongly labelled 'no deal') was the biggest mistake.
We needed that for some kind of leverage.
Now the EU know that our gutless politicians will accept any conditions, however bad, humiliating and counterproductive they might be.

Shower of Fisons, the lot of them!
KiTChener likes this.
Old 16-05-2019, 14:54   #2742
Senior Member+

why didn't the Tories have the back-bone the vote Theresa May out in December, as it is now she will still be prime-minister in August/September and with the article 50 extension due to run out in October, this will mean going back to the EU for a further extension, with the chances of her deal having a positive outcome, she would do us all a favour if she went now

Last edited by accybeme; 16-05-2019 at 14:57.
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2019, 08:26   #2743
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accybeme View Post
why didn't the Tories have the back-bone the vote Theresa May out in December, as it is now she will still be prime-minister in August/September and with the article 50 extension due to run out in October, this will mean going back to the EU for a further extension, with the chances of her deal having a positive outcome, she would do us all a favour if she went now
problem is who would replace her or who would actually want to. more likely wait in the wings for all this EU stuff to be finally decided then jump on their battle bus to be all things to all people.
Old 17-05-2019, 14:39   #2744
Senior Member+

there is no shortage of candidates for the job, the elimination series of voting may take some time to produce a new leader but what's the point in keeping her job knowing her plan has no chance of success
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2019, 18:15   #2745
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accybeme View Post
Thing is would have made NO DIFFERENCE at all, most of the barstewaeds want us to remain and thats fact so it wouldn't matter one jot, if a Leaver had been elected, and that is by no way supporting May its simple truth.
monkey hanger likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..