Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3580Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-05-2019, 16:49   #2776
Beacon of light

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Maybe one day Mr. Jones will suffer less alzheimers than I do and actually remember to represent his voters?

On that subject I think there are only two hope...Bob Hope and No Hope.
don't hold your breath waiting Less.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-05-2019, 17:13   #2777

It is painful to watch all the dithering even from afar.
I am reminded of what the Charlie Ruggles character said to a rival suitor in the comedy, Trouble in Paradise:

“See here. You keep saying you’re leaving and then you stay. Why don’t you say you’ll stay and then leave?”

-Joe
monkey hanger likes this.
MoreJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2019, 17:20   #2778
Beacon of light

Believe me, it is far more painful to be in the midst of the dithering.
To be told that those who,govern us are intelligent people....but they cannot see that the threat of walking away will focus the minds of those who want to do us down...and take our money whilst doing it.

Who in their right mind would go to buy a flash sports car and come away with a clapped out second hand Lada....but pay the price of the flash motor.

It beggars belief!
Old 23-05-2019, 18:11   #2779
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

It would be really something if Graham actually responded to that letter in the local rag, and disputed his voting path, but he wont because its correct, he will probably label me a complete hard core extremist if he does thats another load of balls, cos he knows me.
Old 23-05-2019, 18:40   #2780
Beacon of light

Cashy, he cannot dispute it. The information has been taken from Hansard which is the official Parliamentary record of events taking place in the Palace of Westminster.

He has been rattled by comments on social media.
He is more interested in what is happening in Yemen...though he was absent during the debate on the issues there in the house today.

He is a poor apology for a representative of our town.
Old 23-05-2019, 18:47   #2781
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Cashy, he cannot dispute it. The information has been taken from Hansard which is the official Parliamentary record of events taking place in the Palace of Westminster.

He has been rattled by comments on social media.
He is more interested in what is happening in Yemen...though he was absent during the debate on the issues there in the house today.

He is a poor apology for a representative of our town.
It seems to me like he is more interested in feathering his own nest i am sad to say.
Old 23-05-2019, 19:19   #2782
Beacon of light

well of curse he has Cashy.
How amny folk do you know who have come out of politics poorer?
You can see the gravy dripping off his chin.

He has left his roots (that's us) a long way behind and you can tell that from his condescending manner.
Gremlin likes this.
Old 24-05-2019, 09:24   #2783
Senior Member+

will the members be brave enough to elect a brexiteer or will it be the same old same old
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2019, 10:05   #2784
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accybeme View Post
will the members be brave enough to elect a brexiteer or will it be the same old same old
Unless they are STUPID they certainly will imho.
Old 24-05-2019, 10:36   #2785
God Member

may has resigned. will there be a change. doubt it very much.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2019, 11:04   #2786
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

The only reason she has gone is for herself after making a real balls up of Brexit, being a remainer i think she was only in it for her self, she was never concerned about the Electorate. imho. to be honest i fail to see how anyone can make it happen as was voted for. most of this elected SCUM from all parties wish to remain.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 24-05-2019, 11:55   #2787
Beacon of light

To be fair, she was hobbled by the very many remainers, both in her cabinet and wider Parliament.
She has had dire advisors in the civil service...the likes of Ollie(though I prefer Oily) Robbins...who is in the pocket of the EU...hehas had many meetings with that snake Guy Verhofstad.
TM tried to please too many people who had no stomach to challenge those across the
Channel.
Let us see who takes over. I hope it is someone with balls...someone who will take no manure fromeither the snakes here..or those in Brussels.
There is one thing for sure...eeyore Hammond has to go.
The whole of the front benches need to be populated by out and out Leave supporters.
There is no room for any chinks in the armour.
Old 24-05-2019, 12:06   #2788
Beacon of light

I know my last post will not be popular, but you have to lay a lot of the blame on DAvid Cameron, George Osborne. Nick Clegg...a real Shower of Fisons.
TM took on an unenviable task....and yes, she accepted it, but she had no idea of the treachery of those in her own party and the civil servants.
Her big mistake was following the advice to call a snap election....a d I think that her advisers knew that the outcome would not be good....and it was calculated to weaken her position.

Perhaps now she will be able to get her life back.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 24-05-2019 at 12:08.
Old 24-05-2019, 13:11   #2789
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Cameron is definitely the number 1 where blame lies no doubt, but the simple fact Mays deal did NOT get us completely OUT says it all to me she never really wanted it to be. she could have to me come back with a deal that honoured the referendum result and if the M.P.s did not back it then that says everything about the SCUM that purport to represent the electoral decision, that was given to the public. simple as, far as i'm concerned. imho.
Old 24-05-2019, 13:29   #2790
Beacon of light

Cashy, you are right in that those snakes in Brussels ran rings round her....but even if that had not happened....even if she had come back with something half decent...she was going to struggle to get it through because there are so many in the Palace of Westminster who have vested interests in the EU....in the form of subsidies and allowances.

The result of the referendum was a seismic shock...it was totally totally unexpected.

The one thing that has come out of this is (maybe) it will teach the parties that they need to listen to the electorate....that they need to represent their views.

I am hoping that those across the channel who have disrespected the people of this country, are Kakkingthemselves right now.
JCJuncker was noted to say that the stupid patriotic Brits hate the EU....but does not recognise that he is part of the reason why.

British Steel woul be in a much better situation if we had left without an agreement at the end of March....what has helped bring this company to its knees is the 'green' tax of 160 miliom quid....and a fine of 600 million quid if they failed to pay it.

I hope that whoever takes over the baton is ready for a battle....and has a steel will.
Let's hope that we can now get out....right out.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..