Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3580Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-06-2019, 10:13   #2896
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
A bit like the chicanes in Dill hall Lane....you just see drivers slaloming....putting their lives at risk....and during the time when the children are going to and from school it is dangerous for them too.
They are on Charter Street also, not as bad as humps imho but still not great.
Old 23-06-2019, 11:27   #2897
Beacon of light

I have diced with death on Charter St....taking Ma to the Rhyddings surgery in a taxi....loons do not slow down for these either....most of them would have been hard pressed to drive a camel safely.
I heard Steve(our taxi driver) mutter some strange Germanic sounding words under his breath more than once.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2019, 20:51   #2898
God Member

Sorry to get this thread back on track but I found this article very pertinent.

https://briefingsforbrexit.com/why-d...-get-it-wrong/
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2019, 21:55   #2899
Beacon of light

Please don't be sorry....we were lost and wandering in the desert.
A bit like the current government.
This writer asks why the establishment got it so wrong.
Well, the first reason is that they are so far removed from the lives that ordinary people lead....and the difficulties that are endured by the man in the street appear to have no impact on politicians.
They also got it wrong by promising in the election manifestos to deliver what the democratic vote had determined....and that was to leave the EU.
They promised that we would not be tied to a single market or a customs union, that we would not be under the thumb of the ECJ, we would not be part of Schengen. So no free movement.
The electorate were ignored, insulted and taken for fools.
Add to that, the fact that something in the order of 80% of MP's had no desire to leave the EU....why would they?
They did not want to return to the job running the country....they wanted to let Brussels do the work....that way they always had someone to blame if the electorate did not like the rules.
Also many of these MP's have vested interests in staying in the EU.....(like Heseltine being given EU subsidies for not cultivating his farmland...the last thing he wants is to have to plant turnips.....and then PAY someone to dig them up and market them)
These ruling elite are not daft, but they think that we are.....that is where they went wrong.
Old 24-06-2019, 22:12   #2900
Beacon of light

Oh and I should have said that the article you posted the link to is very interesting.
Old 25-06-2019, 08:13   #2901
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
...Add to that, the fact that something in the order of 80% of MP's had no desire to leave the EU....why would they?
They did not want to return to the job running the country....they wanted to let Brussels do the work....that way they always had someone to blame if the electorate did not like the rules.
Apologies if i’ve mentioned this afore now but we have a very smart German friend (a police inspector who now lectures police students) and she said it’s exactly the same in her country.
Despite what the Brussels Broadcasting Corporation spew out, not all Germans think the EU is so wonderful. And whenever it decides something that is not liked in Germany, their politicos come out with the old rubbish about it not being them, it’s the EU and ve hav to obey!
Old 25-06-2019, 08:43   #2902
God Member

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;1229213]
Add to that, the fact that something in the order of 80% of MP's had no desire to leave the EU....why would they?

they want to remain as it gives em another job opportunity in the future if they get voted out in their constituancy.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2019, 11:17   #2903
Beacon of light

Yes Monkey Hanger, they have their eyes set firmly on the trough.

I think the delaying tactics are contrived to breed apathy.....to foster a desire to just get it over and vote for whatever sorts out the political paralysis.
They had not factored in the pure anger of those who believed we would be out by now....and they STILL do not get it.
The only way this is going to get settled is with a general election....and those remainer MP's given the boot.
Even in that situation they will not be leaving Parliament poor.
Old 25-06-2019, 14:21   #2904
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Apologies if i’ve mentioned this afore now but we have a very smart German friend (a police inspector who now lectures police students) and she said it’s exactly the same in her country.

Despite what the Brussels Broadcasting Corporation spew out, not all Germans think the EU is so wonderful. And whenever it decides something that is not liked in Germany, their politicos come out with the old rubbish about it not being them, it’s the EU and ve hav to obey!
Now then be careful, we mustn't mention German (or in fact French people or indeed any individual crushed into the lame dog of the EU), that might have individual thought, they will be the first against the wall when Brussels has finished destroying us.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2019, 16:57   #2905
Beacon of light

I don't think we need to be careful Less.
It is good to know that there are people in the other EU countries who are not just disillusioned by the shenanigans, but would also like out too.

Those over here who are trying to brainwash us into thinking that the EU is the best thing since sliced bread would have us believe that all is hunkydory over the channel.
So it is good to hear otherwise
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 25-06-2019, 17:53   #2906
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

i know for a fact some people who live in the E.U. are sick to the back teeth of it, cos i talk to quite a few from when i used to live in the E.U. thing is you NEVER hear any folk like that being asked by the media, i wonder why?
Old 25-06-2019, 18:49   #2907
Beacon of light

Cashy...you don't wonder...you are far too savvy to wonder...you KNOW that it is verboten to speak against the mighty Federal state of the EU(or if you want it in french....interdite).

To my mind it is creeping fascism...and no-one will convince me otherwise.
If it were not, the EU bloc would not have made such a song and dance about letting us out(well apart from the fact that we are a cash cow to them).
Old 27-06-2019, 08:01   #2908
God Member

Had to laugh this morning when I read this on the BBC website (it was about buying cars).
Funny how, when it comes to getting out of the EUSSR, the BBC et al regard being willing to walk away as a ludicrous idea.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 12C5A220-CE48-41C9-AAA6-6F5C2A0CB253.jpeg (58.3 KB, 10 views)
Old 27-06-2019, 08:14   #2909
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
i know for a fact some people who live in the E.U. are sick to the back teeth of it, cos i talk to quite a few from when i used to live in the E.U. thing is you NEVER hear any folk like that being asked by the media, i wonder why?
totally agree cashy. its back to the TV licence debate again where the media especially the BBC are good at their pick and mix news to suit their agendas. if these people you know where actually on one of their documentatry programmes about the EU their views would be twisted and they would be made out to look idiots against those who are happy with the institution.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2019, 12:20   #2910
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Have just noticed Swinson new Lib Dem Leader says Boris aint fit to be P.M. thats a bit rich, coming from the Party that is completely ignoring the Referendum Result!! that silly bitch will go far.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..