Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3580Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-07-2019, 09:05   #2941
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

there was supposed to have been the "Ice Age" way back in time, What caused that? there was none of these knobheads then
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 27-07-2019, 09:18   #2942
Beacon of light

There have always been huge fluctuations in climate...long before we all emerged from the swamp.

These people have been brainwashed by flawed science....and some of it has been skewed by the scientists carrying out the 'research'.
It is a fine way to dip into our pockets...to create a sort of fear.....and that allows the elite to exert a sort of control over the masses.

It makes me laugh when I see that there are moves to get rid is petrol driven vehicles.....and replace them with electric versions.
Can you imagine commuters coming home after a long day at work and plugging in their cars, electric bikes....turning on the electric cooker to cook tea, the electric boiler to have a shower??
The National grid will go into meltdown.

Unless of course the government are going to make a vast drive to fit ALL buildings with photo-voltaic panels to generate power....but can you see it happening?

That aside, the batteries for these electronic vehicles are not a bit Eco friendly.....the materials used and the disposal of extinct batteries are going to cause a different kind of problem.
cashman and monkey hanger like this.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 27-07-2019 at 09:21.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2019, 13:02   #2943
Senior Member+

Continuing from your post Margaret.
Imagine the amount of claims people will be putting in for injuries sustained from falling over the hundreds of cables crossing the footpaths charging cars with no garage. How about the flats with a communial carpark, it will be a nightmare sorting out which cable goes to which car.
Old 27-07-2019, 14:22   #2944
Beacon of light

This is an epic of a thread wander.
So I am going to try to get Back on topic.

I am glad that Boris has said there will be NO discussion unless the hated backstop is removed.
The crew over in Brussels are still saying that the backstop CANNOT be changed.....so it is looking like the WA agreement will not be ratified.

JRM was saying that the only way out of the impasse is for those Tories who have thwarted Brexit so far, should table a motion to revoke article 50.
He says that this will not happen for two reasons.....it would fail to get the votes and those Tories who do not want to leave do not have the guts to do this.

The only other way is to bring a vote of 'no confidence' and bring down the government.
Right now I do not know how that would go down.
On the first day of his premiership the mood in Parliament seemed to have lightened considerably....with an air of optimism that has been absent for the last three years.

I really, really, DO hope that Boris succeeds in getting us out....not with a rehashed version of the TM withdrawal agreement....but with something better...but failing that, leave by default...which is what we should already have done.
No extensions....these cost us Ł1billiom quid each month we stay captured....so it is lucrative for Brussels to give us yet more extensions.

I want to be OUT....right OUT!
Old 27-07-2019, 16:04   #2945
Beacon of light

And suddenly those in Brussels are getting a bit twitchy.
They know that they are not dealing with an apologetic appeasing Prime Minister who wants to please both leavers and remainers....they are dealing with someone who might just call their bluff.....and keep Ł39 billion quid settlement money.
Germany is on the brink of a full blown recession, France is similarly financially strapped.
So who is going to make up the balance of the UK contributions when we leave.
Maybe the mandarins over there are going to have to rein in their spending....fly easy jet and get a liking for pale ale...or Vimto.
Old 27-07-2019, 16:14   #2946
Beacon of light

Another bit of news(from a source that seems to have its' nose put out of joint by Boris being PM....once a leaver publication, but now a remainer).
Boris has been up in Manchester promising to find money for better inter city transport links....this news media calls this a 'bribe'....nothing of the sort, it is a long awaited recognition that these links are long overdue.
Maybe it will be funded from the money we do not pay to Brussels as a Leaving charge.

There are some that say we must pay this money.....as it is part of money we agreed to pay for the pensions of those like JCJ and MB.
What about the assets that the U.K. Have funded, buildings....let them take the money out of our joint assets.

I hate this use of biased language....it is like when the media say 'crashing out'.....meaning leaving by default.
I can see through it, but there are some that will swallow this
Old 27-07-2019, 16:30   #2947
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

How on earth should we Pay the money? The E.U. kept telling us nothing is agreed, until everything is agreed!! now that means the money also.
Old 27-07-2019, 17:45   #2948
Beacon of light

Apparently Cashy, we agreed to pay a very large sum towards the pensions of those who work for the EU...and because this was agreed, it appears that we are duty bound to pay it.
Though just how it would be enforced I am not sure(but it involves convoluted international law).
It is said that if we renege on this payment then other countries that we might wish to trade with would not trust us to be good to our word.
Personally I would like to tell the EU to 'Get stood on' (a more diplomatic phrase for foxtrot oscar ...and I do not mean foreign office) they can pay for their own bloody pensions.
As I said, there must be common property in the EU that we have paid towards...money that we can never get back...let them take it out of that.

I do Hope that Boris hold his nerve....and fails to cave in under the stony stares of the barstewards over there.
Old 27-07-2019, 18:09   #2949
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

I fail to see how it can be enforced i hope he tells them to get stuffed, suspect he will, but will put it better than me.
Old 27-07-2019, 18:18   #2950
Beacon of light

You and me both.
Such a lot could be achieved by that kind of money.
It could help renew infrastructure...be invested in things that would assist trade, both at home and in the wider world.
cashman likes this.
Old 30-07-2019, 13:14   #2951
Senior Member+

No deal where else do we have to go, the deal the EU has on offer was such a bad deal for the UK that it was defeated 432 to 202, if the EU has nothing else to offer then that only leave no deal, if the MP’s force an election it would solve nothing, the EU has on offer is still so unpalatable, most of labour’s votes come from the north of England where most voters cast their votes to leave yet Corbyn persists on a remain stance, that seems political suicide
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2019, 13:23   #2952
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Most labour votes seem to be wasted, the will of the people is ignored by their representatives, (especially by idiots wearing scarves and posing outside their mothers shop).
Mind you same seems to be happening with all other parties, ignore the majority let's go for what lines our pockets.
cashman likes this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2019, 13:42   #2953
God Member

Everybody with eyes to see, ears to listen, and a brain to think know precisely what the Remoaners mean when they, and their propagandists in the Brussels Broadcasting Corporation, say they can’t accept a so-called “no deal”.
Notwithstanding that Treason May’s ‘deal’ is no such thing, it’s a treaty with the ‘deal’ yet to be agreed, and has been voted down three times by MPs, it’s simply about over-turning the referendum result.
https://briefingsforbrexit.com/remai...eal-intention/
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2019, 14:08   #2954
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Most labour votes seem to be wasted, the will of the people is ignored by their representatives, (especially by idiots wearing scarves and posing outside their mothers shop).
Mind you same seems to be happening with all other parties, ignore the majority let's go for what lines our pockets.
That is spot on Less and the idiots DO NOT think anyone can see it. Also they want desperately to OVERTURN the Democratic vote of the people.
Old 30-07-2019, 14:27   #2955
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Everybody with eyes to see, ears to listen, and a brain to think know precisely what the Remoaners mean when they, and their propagandists in the Brussels Broadcasting Corporation, say they can’t accept a so-called “no deal”.

Notwithstanding that Treason May’s ‘deal’ is no such thing, it’s a treaty with the ‘deal’ yet to be agreed, and has been voted down three times by MPs, it’s simply about over-turning the referendum result.

https://briefingsforbrexit.com/remai...eal-intention/
We the people, need our arse kicking, doesn't matter if you voted to stay or leave, if it doesn't line our politicians pocket it has been proved over the last few years WE WILL BE IGNORED AND BLAMED FOR THE STATE CAUSED BY OUR 'representatives' (it's a long time since we've had any of those).
cashman and DaveinGermany like this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..