Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3580Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-07-2019, 15:14   #2956
Beacon of light

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Why do the electorate need their ar$e kicked Less?

We vote on what they promise in their manifesto(even those of us who have lived a long time and know that these people will say and do ANYTHING to get our cross in their box....and know that they will ultimately betray us)....that THEY DO NOT HONOUR THEIR PROMISE....is not down to us.

We have to vote for someone....if we don't,then we may find that our vote is taken from us.

Though, that said it is very disappointing to have your high hopes of a representative who,promised much and delivered nothing, voted back despite his poor parliamentary voting record(regardless of his protestations)....I voted for him once...but never again.
If someone does not follow through on their promise then I am done.....no second chance, no second glance.
cashman likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-07-2019, 15:24   #2957
Beacon of light

Reading that link posted by Exile make my blood boil.(but thank you for posting it)
That we have in our Parliament, and within the governing party, people who would have the UK eaten up by the United States of Europe....that we would be sucked back into this undemocratic,money gobbling, corrupt regime.....and that these politicians KNOW this....but still want their place at the trough(I find it all very sinister)....rather than what is best for the U.K. beggars belief.

Out, out Now.
A pox on the EU.
I hope I live long enough to see it fold in a spectacular manner.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 31-07-2019, 08:39   #2958
God Member

think there are plenty of remainers out there would love to see the united states of europe happening sooner rather than later plus all of europe having the euro. younger the person more likely to hear that view. mind you they have been brain washed since leaving the womb where any love for your country is seen as some reactionary thought.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2019, 08:59   #2959
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Why do the electorate need their ar$e kicked Less?

Though, that said it is very disappointing to have your high hopes of a representative who,promised much and delivered nothing, voted back despite his poor parliamentary voting record(regardless of his protestations)....I voted for him once...but never again.
If someone does not follow through on their promise then I am done.....no second chance, no second glance.
And that is why the voters need their arse kicked because even though his record shows him to be as much use as a wet fart the daft sods keep voting him and others like him back in.
cashman and Gremlin like this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2019, 09:20   #2960
Beacon of light

That is because they do not use the thinking part of their brain to vote. Less...they would vote for a donkey if it was wearing a Labour rosette...in fact thinking about it a Donkey would probably be of more use than our current representative.

Our current MP has had his head turned and is not in it for the borough, but for his back pocket.
Even if he was kicked out tomorrow he would e OK..he has networked...made contacts...so he has irons in the fire.

I would never vote for him again, but even then that I would vote for someone else has no guarantees of success...you do not know how an MP is going to treat the constituents until they are in post...and by then it is too late.
Gremlin likes this.
Old 01-08-2019, 10:13   #2961
God Member

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;1229961]That is because they do not use the thinking part of their brain to vote. Less...they would vote for a donkey if it was wearing a Labour rosette...in fact thinking about it a Donkey would probably be of more use than our current representative.

its the same everywhere margaret and not just labour voters either. a conservative donkey would get votes in plenty of places also. its this attitude of i,m labour and always will be or actually voteing for the leader of the party and not who is standing for your own constituancy.]
Old 01-08-2019, 12:17   #2962
Beacon of light

That has never been my way of voting.
I have NO party political allegiances.
I try to find out about local candidates.....but also if the party does not support the things I think are important then I will look for an alternative....frequently there isn't one so in that case I would scribble 'none of the above ' on my paper.
Old 02-08-2019, 07:28   #2963
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

The result at Brecon just shows the arrogance of the Remainers, the bitch that won says people didn,t vote for NO DEAL. how the hell does "Anyone" know what those millions voted, i know damn well i voted LEAVE, what the rest voted for i can only assume.
Old 02-08-2019, 07:56   #2964
Senior Member+

Too true Cashy, what a false statement she made in saying it was a vote to take no-deal off the table, if you add the votes of the leave parties together i.e. Brexit party & cons, there are more votes for leave
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 09:02   #2965
Beacon of light

I don't like the result of this by election...it should go to a second vote.
Well, that is how they treated the referendum isn't it?

Thi is no surprise at all after there have been more great lumps of project fear.
Mark Cartney, the worst governor of the BOE talking down our currency instead of raising interest rates to address the problem.
Interest rates have been maintained artificially low for more than a decade.
China does this to make it more competitive in the world market.

As for the exchange rates...simple answer holiday here...benefit our economy.
Old 02-08-2019, 09:24   #2966
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post

As for the exchange rates...simple answer holiday here...benefit our economy.
thats something that always gets me is holidays. when they talk about holidays they should say holidays abroad. another modern day asumption is that we all go abroad and the exchange rate is on our minds for months and months. funny also as they only mention the exchange rate being good for our exporters right at the end of these reports.
Old 02-08-2019, 21:55   #2967
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
thats something that always gets me is holidays.

Lets see, Benidorm or Brid? Tough choice, they talk funny, eat strange things & are a peculiar bunch, still that's Yorkingshire for you! Yeah, it'd be the Yorkingkshire Riviera for me despite their strange ways.
Old 14-08-2019, 15:44   #2968

Pelosi just announced "Whatever form it takes, Brexit cannot be allowed to imperil the Good Friday Agreement, including the seamless border between the Irish Republic and Northern Ireland,"... ruling out a UK/US deal with a hard Brexit.
So with Europe and US markets out of reach and a pound expected to lose another 10% against the Dollar by October who are you going to trade with, China?
Just asking a serious question?
Burningman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2019, 19:46   #2969
God Member

No one. OMG!
We won’t be able to trade with anyone. It’s the end of the world. We’re doomed, aye, we’re doomed.

Here’s a serious answer to a childish question.

https://briefingsforbrexit.com/the-s...ing-the-goods/
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2019, 20:50   #2970
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burningman View Post
So with Europe and US markets out of reach and a pound expected to lose another 10% against the Dollar by October who are you going to trade with, China?
Just asking a serious question?
Where are you getting these predictions from?
There have been a lot of people predicting things that have not happened.....and these have been people who were supposedly 'in the know' like the governor of the BOE.....the CBI.
This has been done with the prime intention of talking down the UK....and with it Sterling.
It has been done by people who never wanted to Leave the EU because those people have vested interests in maintaining the status quo....in allowing Brussels to dictate our laws....they want us to be absorbed into the EUSS. They want to take our money, they want to impose freedom of movement, they want to skew trading conditions(like paying our farmers not to cultivate fields so that they can sell produce from other EU states to us) they have no interest in doing what is best for us.
The EU is a failed bit of socio-political engineering.

For a bit of light reading why don't you look up the document FCO30/1048 and see how our politicians bamboozled us all those years ago....and how they KNEW exactly what they were leading us into....and did it gladly, but covertly.

NONE of this affects YOUR daily life.

The Irish backstop was a way that the EU would guarantee that we would never be able to free ourselves from its clutches.

No one can predict with any kind of accuracy what is going to happen.....so it is best not to take a great deal of notice of these prognostications..

And your question is NOT a serious one, it is one that is loaded with contentious Bovine excrement. Sneering and snidey into the bargain

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..