Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3580Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-09-2019, 07:59   #3181
God Member

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post

None of this information is being disseminated to the general population...and a lot of them either do not know how to find it or are happy to suck up what our Pro remain biased media want to portray.
i,m a person who can usually see both sides to any question no matter what it is. on this issue i just cannot see where the remainers are coming from. never have, never will. just cannot get my head around the EU and with all the propaganda around you,d think i,d be swayed even a bit to their ways of thinking.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-09-2019, 15:01   #3182
Beacon of light

That, Monkey hanger,is because you have not had your brain rinsed of all critical thought.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2019, 22:39   #3183

As a nation we are the second largest contributor to the EU.
Each year we have to feed, clothe, house, educate and care for an additional number of people equivalent to the population of Nottingham. That is every year, year on year - yet the EU want an ever increasing amount from us year on year. Our roads and infrastructure are crumbling while taxes we pay go to build nice new roads in Slovakia etc. Our standard of living is falling while we subsidise Luxembourg - the richest nation in Europe. Wages remain static or fall as employers take advantage of cheap migrant labour. The whole EU ethos is unsustainable and it is only a matter of time before their crazy policies bring Europe to the brink of collapse or push voters to the extremes as it has done in France, Austria, Hungary, Belgium etc... Those who run the EU have learned nowt from history and seem hellbent on repeating the mistakes of the 30s.
Jimmy Clitheroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2019, 09:29   #3184
Beacon of light

So, if we can see all this, then why can't our political class see it too?

Add to that the contempt shown to our politicians and our county in general.
It is unacceptable.

The clear answer is that those MP's in Westminster are not looking out for us....or the country.
They are only interested in gaining a financial gain for themselves.

Look up what will happen sometime in 2020 when the Lisbon Treaty comes into full and final action.
What this treaty does is consign us to being no more than a Parish council.
We will have to bend the knee to all the laws that come out of Brussels, there will be no individual countries vetoes to anything, we will come under the rule for harmonised taxes, financial bodies will be controlled(or may even have to move) by Frankfurt.
There will be a European army.....and the UK will have NO say over how it is funded or deployed.
There will be no accountability, the elite will be unelected and any MEP's that we elect will have no real impact on decisions.

We could get rid of all of our MP's as there will be no point in having them......and the vast sum of money saved by getting rid of both houses would be swallowed up by the increasing costs of being in this corrupt dictatorship that our gutless politicians want to shackle us to.

This is our very last chance to get out. Please Boris don't stuff it up by giving us the May WA that has been tweaked....that doesn't cut it.
Gremlin likes this.
Old 22-09-2019, 10:17   #3185

I'm also bemused by the stance of the Green Party. If the predicted slow down in the economy occurs because of Brexit then won't that mean less emissions. greenhouse gasses a reduction in consumerism - all things the Greens are seeking?
Jimmy Clitheroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2019, 10:49   #3186
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Clitheroe View Post
I'm also bemused by the stance of the Green Party. If the predicted slow down in the economy occurs because of Brexit then won't that mean less emissions. greenhouse gasses a reduction in consumerism - all things the Greens are seeking?
Aye, but the Greens want everyone else to go without just so their ‘children’ (16-45 year olds) can fly off on their gap years and world travels.
monkey hanger likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2019, 11:44   #3187
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Aye, but the Greens want everyone else to go without just so their ‘children’ (16-45 year olds) can fly off on their gap years and world travels.

Back to hair shirts & mud huts if they get their way.
Old 22-09-2019, 12:16   #3188
Beacon of light

It won't be mud huts son, it will be caves....and they will ban fires for cooking....we'll have to eat our greens raw.

I am sick of this pseudo religion that Climate Change has become.
Went into Preston on Friday and a load of Brain rinsed kids were chanting mantras dreamed up by these nutters.....and one adult was handing out quality, shiny paper, colourful ink printed flyers decrying our irresponsible actions.

I refused to take one of these.

I asked how ecologically friendly it was to cut down trees, to use power to make paper, to use resources(probably oil based) to print this flyer.....did he not see the hypocrisy in this?

I also asked what the UK's contribution to CO2 levels was(he did not know this....so I enlightened him with 2018 figures 5.6 mT per capita....and this level has fallen by 2.4%)

I asked why he wasn't demonstrating in China which is one of the biggest producers of CO2.. he just shrugged.

I bet he was sorry that he picked on me.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 22-09-2019 at 12:19.
Old 22-09-2019, 13:29   #3189
God Member

To return to topic, one but brave German MEP had had the cojones to speak up. For the U.K.!
God bless him, but don’t expect to see any of this on the BBC or any mainstream U.K. media.

https://facts4eu.org/news/2019_sep_mep_speech
cashman and monkey hanger like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2019, 14:20   #3190
Beacon of light

I wish I could give this man a pat on the back.
Someone who tells it like it is.
Old 23-09-2019, 18:42   #3191
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Unfortunately Hr.Dr. Gunnar Beck, belongs to the AfD (Alternative für Deutschland) & as such will be slated & branded as being of the right, so ignored as a rabble rouser.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 23-09-2019, 19:29   #3192
Beacon of light

yes, it is unfortunate...he spoke a lot of sense...but politicians today cannot recognise sense...and as Cashy so rightly observes...You cannot put sense where there is none.
Old 24-09-2019, 08:16   #3193
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Unfortunately Hr.Dr. Gunnar Beck, belongs to the AfD (Alternative für Deutschland) & as such will be slated & branded as being of the right, so ignored as a rabble rouser.
you mean like those of us who have always wanted out are shown and spoke about in the media. wait till the bbc do a programme on brexit in some town around the country. the remainer they find will be smart, young and talks the talk where the brexit person they find will be the total opposite.
DaveinGermany likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2019, 10:15   #3194
Beacon of light

Today the Supreme court ruled that the prorogation of Parliament was unlawful...and that this is the unanimous verdict of all 11 judges.
They have handed over Parlaiment to John Bercow who has informed MP's to return 'immediately'.
It seems that remianer politicians can use the law to achieve their aims, but yet we, the people do not have the same opportunity to censure the politicians who have ignored the will of the people.

Something very wrong there.

As for the PM having lied to the Queen...how do they come to that opinion...were they there?
Did they hear what he said?

I just wonder how many of these judges wer e remainers(and I know they are supposed to be impartial...but we know all about impartiality for John Bercow).
Old 24-09-2019, 10:19   #3195
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

To me it perfectly demonstrates how CORRUPT these top judges are. nobody thought it was corrupt when Major did it.

Last edited by cashman; 24-09-2019 at 10:21.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..