Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3580Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-10-2019, 22:33   #3286

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/brexi...cid=spartanntp
-
maybe calling it the Fourth Reich is a bit extreme but if anyone is in any doubt of who actually calls the shots for the EU... German minister says yes - the other 26 don't matter.
Jimmy Clitheroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-10-2019, 07:07   #3287
Beacon of light

Why would we doubt that an extension would be granted.....?
They don't want us for anything but our contribution....and each month we do not break free we pay them £1.1 billion .....they are not going to turn down such an amount.....and if we thought they would then we are the fools.

We need to be OUT....right OUT....no strings, no ties....they do nothing for us other than rob us, deride us, insult us, laugh at us.

When you saw the delegation smiling and shaking hands at the thought of the 'deal' they had secured with The PM.....they were smiling because they felt we had been duped...and they had got away with it.

Let us have a GE and then see if the HoC is still as full of traitorous remainers.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2019, 11:11   #3288
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

i agree margaret, but to me we were duped simply cos the traitors put obstacles in way of B.J. getting a proper deal.
Old 22-10-2019, 12:12   #3289
Beacon of light

Yes,they tied his hands.
We should be leaving by default.
Old 22-10-2019, 20:11   #3290
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

they voted the deal tonight, then the remoaning SWINE voted for longer, yet they say its 95% the deal T.M. made, which they have been studying for ages, its been done only so this swine can shove amendments in and ****** things up again.
Old 22-10-2019, 21:17   #3291
Beacon of light

The delay just allows further amendments that will mean we are not really leaving the EU.

Cashy it was never, ever about a no deal scenario.....and the fact is proved because BJ was thought to be unlikely to influence those in Brussels, yet he came back with something that was unexpected(not that this new WA is a better bet....because it is just TM's agreement with the backstop neutered).

It is all about staying in the EU.....another referendum would be couched in terms which meant that remain would be the winner.

17.4 million voters have been emasculated by self serving, egotistical MP's who are arrogant enough to think they know what we should have.

I cannot wait for a general election.
There is so much anger out there at the way MP's have disregarded the voters, for how they have shirked their responsibilities.

The swamp needs to be drained.
Old 22-10-2019, 21:19   #3292
Beacon of light

Please just let ONE country exercise the power of veto over the extension.
(There are two hopes...Bob Hope and No hope)
Old 23-10-2019, 07:27   #3293
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

have just seen some scaremongering dickhead, waving a "Get ready for food shortages" on the news, funny that we didn,t have em before we joined the E.U. anyone takes notice of that is totally stupid,
Old 27-10-2019, 22:07   #3294

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
have just seen some scaremongering dickhead, waving a "Get ready for food shortages" on the news, funny that we didn,t have em before we joined the E.U. anyone takes notice of that is totally stupid,
Why the hell would there be food shortages when UK farmers no longer have to tip milk down the drains because the EU deem it necessary ? Most of the stuff we don't produce on this island appears to come from countries outside the EU anyway - probably because it's cheaper. I've been boycotting EU products for a while now (including their second rate supermarkets). If you believe all the garbage spewed by the remain camp then we would never be able to support or feed ourselves - utter garbage.
Jimmy Clitheroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2019, 06:53   #3295
Beacon of light

Even the arch remainer T.Blair(how I HATE that man) has said that the UK will flourish after We leave....even if we leave by default.

On of the MEP's question M Barnier about the 'EU punishing the U.K. In the transition period'...M Barnier refused to deny it ....so there you have your answer.

I hope that E MActon follows through and vetoes any extension....but I think he will cave in to pressure from Germany.(their economy and their political parties are in disarray too)

A general election, if it is granted still means we are not out....and it doesn't guarantee that we will get out anytime soon.
Old 28-10-2019, 08:03   #3296
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

It looks very much to me like Boris has sold us out, for his own ends, due to all the remoaners stopping Brexit any way they can if there is an election and Farage is in it thats were my votes going.
Old 28-10-2019, 09:47   #3297
Beacon of light

I think that the negotiated WA is that of TM's but with the tweaks to the Irish problem(which was never a problem anyway...it was manufactured to be a red herring so that our attention was drawn to that rather than the meat of the WA).
Boris was never going to get it through Parliament (not even with a ton of vaseline) because it is a remainer Parliament.
They do NOT want to honour the referendum, which is why three years on we are no further forward....and in the last six months concerted efforts have been made by remainers to thwart any kind of Brexit(even the bad one we are faced with, because it is not Brexit at all).

I think that had Boris a choice he would have taken us out on a default basis(no deal).....but he has had his hands tied by the Speaker and Hilary Benn. Joanna Cherry, Gina Miller and the eleven biased judges of the Supreme Court.
I think his intentions were good, but he has had banana skin after banana skin placed by the traitors I have mentioned put in his way.

I am not sure that voting for the Brexit party will see anything other than another hung parliament....it will dilute the vote, but might get rid of a lot of those who have created obstacles to the will of the people.
Old 28-10-2019, 09:51   #3298
Beacon of light

So no surprise there.
Macron has caved in and agreed to an extension until the 31st of January next year.

Germany has been told it has to double its contributions to the EU coffers to make up for what we might not be contributing.
They won't be pleased about that seeing as they are strapped for dosh.
Old 28-10-2019, 11:03   #3299
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Why were there only 11 judges and not 12 as in the juries?

Obvious isn't it, a jury is 12 good men and true,

had they put 12 judges up we could have done them under trades description!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2019, 11:13   #3300
Beacon of light

And they were all remainers!
Says it all really.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..