Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3580Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2019, 12:22   #3316
Senior Member+

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

if the Brexit party contests every seat, I anticipate them wining around 40 seats, what's your guess
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-11-2019, 13:55   #3317
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accybeme View Post
if the Brexit party contests every seat, I anticipate them wining around 40 seats, what's your guess
I really hope you’re right, but I’d rather see them focus on 100 seats and win 40 of them than try and fund 650 contests.
In Hyndburn they should have a good chance, but only if everyone there who voted a LEAVE votes Brexit Party.
Quite why, if you voted LEAVE, you’d vote for any other party than Brexit I can’t understand because no other party, certainly not the usual three, will deliver what we all voted for in 2016.
https://www.spiked-online.com/2019/1...-of-democracy/
No ifs, vote Butt.
cashman and monkey hanger like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 14:40   #3318
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
I really hope you’re right, but I’d rather see them focus on 100 seats and win 40 of them than try and fund 650 contests.
In Hyndburn they should have a good chance, but only if everyone there who voted a LEAVE votes Brexit Party.
Quite why, if you voted LEAVE, you’d vote for any other party than Brexit I can’t understand because no other party, certainly not the usual three, will deliver what we all voted for in 2016.
No ifs, vote Butt.
I would hate Brexit to win in Hyndburn, only because it would prove how bad democracy has become, but, I would prefer them to win than our present representative.
You know the one, the champion of the Great Drain Robbery, about the only local thing he was temporarily passionate about he certainly isn't bothered about representing the majority of folk in the area.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 14:57   #3319
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
I would hate Brexit to win in Hyndburn, only because it would prove how bad democracy has become, but, I would prefer them to win than our present representative.
You know the one, the champion of the Great Drain Robbery, about the only local thing he was temporarily passionate about he certainly isn't bothered about representing the majority of folk in the area.
Its like i said Less its cos we were all thought too stupid.
Old 01-11-2019, 15:41   #3320
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
No ifs, vote Butt.
I understand your logic, but my fear is that voting Brexit will divide the leave vote and may even let Labour into power.
It would be far better if there was some pact between the Tory party and the Brexit party.

I do not believe a word that comes out of Jeremy Corbyn's mouth....because he is not to be trusted.
If he were gifted votes, but not enough to govern, he would enlist the help of the LibDems and the SNP and we would be stuffed.
That is my nightmare.

I realise that the WA mooted by Boris is not Brexit....and I think that is understood by many.....and maybe if he got in with a workable majority, pressure could be brought to bear on him to ditch that treaty.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 16:00   #3321
Senior Member+

it's entirely in the hands of Boris all he has to do is ditch his deal, other than that the Brexit party will hold the power, if 10 dup's can hold power over the tory government, then if the Brexit party wins around 40 seats they will be able to control whoever wins the election

Last edited by accybeme; 01-11-2019 at 16:02.
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 17:20   #3322
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Its like i said Less its cos we were all thought too stupid.
Thought of?

I suffer for my stupidity, I regret most profoundly the fact that I was stupid enough to put an X against his name when we first voted him in, had I known then what I know now I would have refused to spell X and instead soiled my ballot (do I mean spoiled? Nope thinking about it I did **** on the populous).
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 09:07   #3323
God Member

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;

I do not believe a word that comes out of Jeremy Corbyn's mouth....because he is not to be trusted.
If he were gifted votes, but not enough to govern, he would enlist the help of the LibDems and the SNP and we would be stuffed.
That is my nightmare.

a nightmare we both share. anything where the lib undems and the snp hold some power fill me with dread and not just on the brexit issue.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 11:46   #3324
Beacon of light

It seems as though as a snub to Nigel Farage, Boris Johnson has taken the possibility of a clean break with the EU off the table.

I think this is a big mistake...and I hope the electorate realise what this means.

So a vote for Boris means a vote for the re-heated May WA.....this leaves us tied to the EU,
Still paying in, but bystanders when it comes to formulating policy(not that we ever had much influence in that department in the past) also still shackled to the ECJ.
The transition period COULD last for a long time....any rules and regulations, however punitive, we would be required to follow.

So I may have to rethink how my vote will be cast.
I want to be out....right out, no single market, no customs union, no ECJ, no Freedom of movement....anything less than this is NOT leaving.
Old 02-11-2019, 12:23   #3325
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

agree,to me B.J. has sold out to the remoaner scum no doubt at all; cant speak for others but know what i'm doing.
Old 04-11-2019, 20:39   #3326
God Member

Interesting piece from a trade unionist writing in Spiked today:

https://www.spiked-online.com/2019/1...r-sovereignty/

Traditional Labour voters take note if you think the EU exists to help it’s workers.
Old 04-11-2019, 21:21   #3327
Beacon of light

The EU exists for one reason and one reason only....that is to dominate other nations without a shot being fired....to take over the government and the peoples in such a way that they are unaware of the domination until it is too late.
They also exist to extract money from the nations that they dominate....but not all of them.....some will be beneficiaries for a time, until they too are securely ensnared.

Have a look at this.....

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...-EU-membership.

Or better still the original document FCO 30 - 1048... this is the level of duplicity of our past leaders....and they were all in it, just some more than others.
Old 05-11-2019, 16:33   #3328
God Member

Another argument highlighting the stupidity of Labour politicians claiming that only the EU will “protect workers’ rights”.

https://www.thefullbrexit.com/labour-rights-eu

The EU has systematically undermined the collective rights of workers and their trade unions, whilst at the same time offering minimal protections. It therefore remains surprising and perplexing that trade unionists should still place their hopes on a chimera.

Read more here:
https://briefingsforbrexit.com/the-s...derstand-this/
Old 05-11-2019, 17:54   #3329
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

yeh cant put sense where there is none exile. that explains labour m.p.s
Old 05-11-2019, 20:44   #3330
Beacon of light

It appears that if The current government is returned to power....and the WA agreement that is on the table now, goes through...Michel Barnier says we can expect a transition period of two to three years.
While Micheal Gove reckons that the transition period will end by the end of 2020.

During this transition period we will still be contributing to the coffers of the EU.....we will still be obliged to follow the rules which are passed into law without any input from us....we will be bystanders. The ECJ will still rule supreme.

The EU can pass punitive regulations and we will have to follow them.
Michel Barnier has never hidden the fact that he will punish the UK in any way that he can.

Boris Johnson says the a default withdrawal is not in his manifesto plans....but a default withdrawal with all remaining ties cut is a true Brexit....anything else is just smoke and mirrors....there is little difference between the May WA and what BJ wants to pass.

I really don't get it....if he gets back in, and the roost is cleared of remainers, why can't the Surrender Act(Benn) be repealed?

I am in a quandary as to just who will get my vote inthe coming election....the only thing I can say for sure is that it will not be for our current incumbent.
That IS definite!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..