Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3580Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2020, 15:40   #3556
Beacon of light

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...andards-brexit
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-02-2020, 15:44   #3557
Beacon of light

Reading those articles, it does seem like the EU still does not 'get'it.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world...it-news-Macron

Don't they see that there are more who would love to get out of their stranglehold?
Obviously not.
Old 08-02-2020, 11:25   #3558
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
So where does this extra money come from eh?.....14 billion Euros are coming out of some other mugs pocket.
Think it was the UK's, but that's now been put a stop to & as for the countries looking to join, I was under the impression it was the likes of Serbia, Albania & Macedonia ......

Germany leaving the eu? Not really probable unfortunately, the Germans benefit vastly from the whole process, they make the goods, lend countries the money from their banks(getting a hefty wack of interest), then sell the loanees the German made kit, win-win for Krautlingdom!

Admittedly there are a few grumbles from the Germings & more so now as they realise that with the UKs' readies being well, not so ready anymore they're going to have to stump up more cash, or at least the Gov't will (but that will be coming out of Adolf & Evas' very own pockets). And not just Germany the other major payers will be expected to add to the pot, so not happy Bunnies in the sunny uplands of "eu"topia.

In fact I believe the Austrians & the Dutch have pointedly given a major "Non!" to the subject.
Old 08-02-2020, 13:09   #3559
Beacon of light

Thanks Son for the perspective from across the channel...it is much appreciated.

I think that there is major unrest in Italy and also France....still fighting over pension pots.
The Channel Islands have put a block on the French trawlers being in UK waters...causing great dischuffment.
Old 08-02-2020, 19:28   #3560
God Member

Quote:
The Channel Islands have put a block on the French trawlers being in UK waters...causing great dischuffment.
Not to some of us!
Exile on Spencer St is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 21:43   #3561

Now we are (virtually) out of the EU another referendum needs to be organised....

Restoration of Capital Punishment Referendum.

Why the hell do we end up spending vast amounts more on the perpetrators of heinous criminal acts than we ever do on the victims or those who have suffered ?

Myra Hindley, Ian Brady, Ian Huntley, the killers of Lee Rigby and now this verminous wretch that helped his brother murder children going to a concert all costing us millions of pounds. I don't think the death penalty is a deterrent but the most vile murderers are an ongoing threat to all around them and should be put down like the mad dogs they are. Spending money keeping the likes of those is almost as criminal as the acts they commit.
cashman likes this.
Jimmy Clitheroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 10:11   #3562
God Member

agree if you were talking about victims of crime only. capital punishment would be seen as a backward step for me apart for terrorists who are not shot on the scene.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2020, 11:47   #3563
God Member

Quote:
Reading those articles, it does seem like the EU still does not 'get'it....
Maybe it’ll slowly sink in to those dense skulls in Brussels eventually...

https://facts4eu.org/news/2020_feb_u...ntial_for_eu27
Old 16-02-2020, 13:44   #3564
Beacon of light

Just do not hold your breath while you wait...I think it will take a while yet....they do not like to admit that this organisation is as bent as a paper clip.
Old 16-02-2020, 18:36   #3565
God Member

Quote:
Just do not hold your breath while you wait...I think it will take a while yet....they do not like to admit that this organisation is as bent as a paper clip.
That’s not fair! At least a paper clip can keep things together.
Old 16-02-2020, 19:03   #3566
Beacon of light

It's not Fair till Easter(or that is what my dad used to tell me when I wailed those words).
Old 18-02-2020, 16:04   #3567
God Member

Absolute classic on BBC’s allegedly ‘flagship’ radio programme ‘Today’, today!
And if anyone has any doubt about that programme’s past present and, no doubt, future bias against Brexit, this was it.

Interviewing someone towards the end of the programme about a U.K. company’s new technology being installed on the International Space Station, the male interviewer asked the person whether leaving the EU will adversely affect future work.
There was a very slight pause before the person said ‘no’, and then corrected this well-briefed and educated BBC interviewer by telling him that the European Space Agency had nothing to do with the EU.

We rest our case: BBC Radio 4 is institutionally biased against the British electorate.
Old 26-02-2020, 13:28   #3568
God Member

Brilliant interview with Claire Fox here:

https://www.spiked-online.com/podcas...ent-is-a-sham/

If you don’t have time for the whole thing, try to listen to the first 22 minutes.

I know I have mentioned it before on here but we have friends in Germany who say that the politicians there use exactly the same excuse about not being able to do things because ‘it’ comes from the EU.
If you’re even more time-stressed, there’s a great insight about this very issue between 18:25mins and 21:24mins which reveals just why the Brexit vote was so important for our hard fought democracy.
Old 18-03-2020, 13:58   #3569
God Member

For some politicians the current media hysteria over a new flu virus appears to be a godsend.
Macron has confined the French to their homes and got rid of those pesky gilet jeunes at a stroke of his pen while he destroys their pensions.
Banning groups of people (no more than 5 in Austria!) is a great way to stop democratic engagement.
And, here in the U.K., we have our old ‘friends’ in the Remoaner elite, still trying to thwart the result of the referendum and the last election.

https://facts4eu.org/news/2020_mar_brexit_virus
Old 18-03-2020, 14:20   #3570
Beacon of light

I think the EU cancelled the trade talks in the hope that it would defer the final leaving date....but this is enshrined in law.
The trade talks do not need the physical presence of the negotiators.....many businesses conduct their affairs by video conferencing....so why can't the EU.
The answer is that for every month we are not completely out, we pay 1 billion quid into their coffers.
I have said it many times, they do not want us, or value us...they just want our contributions.
And if we leave with no trade deals then we should pay them not one penny piece.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..