Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree194Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2015, 15:13   #16
Beacon of light

Re: The Swarm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
Attachment 50236
Source:-
Graphics: Europe's asylum seekers - BBC News

Do I think halfway down the chart constitutes the UK as 'pulling its weight'? Hmmm.
You say France etc doesn't want these folk but if the "graphics" in the above article are accurate they take more than the UK so to claim that the UK is the only place these folk swarm to because they get free money,free houses, a chauffeur driven car and a butler is "twaddle"

Perhaps,our govt is partly to blame through bombing and invading these folks countries...usually turning them from quite stable societies into unstable versions that decent folk (quite rightly) want to flee or perhaps their to blame from relaxing border controls for other immigrants.

Please put my curiosity at rest and tell me your not going on the Northwest infidels demo
The graph and the information from the totally unbiased(I don't think so) BBC, means absolutely nothing Jason.
We are NOT, repeat NOT responsible for any of them....unless they turn up in a boat off the south coast....or any other coast of these islands.....having travelled from a port in the country of origin.
They are the responsibility of the country where the FIRST landfall was made.
Except they do not WANT to stay in any of those countries.
They PREFER to travel to the UK.....which is seen as the soft touch of the EU.

That is the problem....the fact that these people think that we should dip our hands in our pockets and support them and their dependants.

As for your question, I am going to treat that with the contempt it deserves.
You asking me that infers that I am racist.(and I am offended that you would even consider to ask me such a thing)
I am not.

If these people had attempted to come here using the correct methods, I would be defending their rights in a similar way to the way I am now saying that they should not be here.
I am for a just and equitable defence of our borders.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-08-2015, 15:24   #17
Senior Member+

Firstly,I'm sorry if I offended you M (my dry/juvenile humour isn't for everyone).

Now,let's say UK/France said tomorrow that the border is Dover....would you be more incline for letting them into the uk and paying for them...Just because the powers that be say the border has moved?

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 15:33   #18
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Firstly,I'm sorry if I offended you M (my dry/juvenile humour isn't for everyone).

Now,let's say UK/France said tomorrow that the border is Dover....would you be more incline for letting them into the uk and paying for them...Just because the powers that be say the border has moved?
Are you totally stupid? i am beginning to wonder, They shouldn't even be in France, they should be dealt wi were they landed.
Gremlin and maxthecollie like this.
Old 02-08-2015, 15:36   #19
Beacon of light

No, absolutely not.
They did not make landfall in France.
What is that you do not understand about the rules for asylum seekers(and many of these are not asylum seekers in the true sense of the word....they are economic migrants.....out to make a better life for themselves).
I am not against those who wish to better themselves.....I applaud them......as long as their application for migrant status is processed from their country of origin in the correct way.

If they decide that they do not want to do this...follow the rules, then it leads me to believe that they will not abide by other rules which the rest of us must live by, when they get into this country.
There have to be regulations with regard to border control.
Many of the countries on the BBC graph are larger than the UK anyway......but you can forget that....these illegal immigrants do not WANT to go these other countries because they feel they will be better catered for by the benefits system here
The other thing about that graph is that these are applications for asylum made in the correct manner.....not just riding rough shod over the rules.

I am never sure if you truly believe what you post or whether you post theses things to be provocative and contentious.
And it isn't humorous to infer that I am racist because I hold these views.....it wasn't dry juvenile humour, it was just offensive.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 02-08-2015 at 15:41.
Old 02-08-2015, 15:48   #20
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Margaret i honestly think hes just a wind up merchant, which is why i respond to him like i do.
Old 02-08-2015, 16:19   #21
Senior Member+

Well,looks like I'm the only one who thinks folk shouldn't be given labels like ‘illegal’ just because they have fallen foul to geographical birth locations and a brutal,repressive system of control...we're very tolerant as long as you follow our rules....if not,you can sod off back were they came from...hmmm.

...In a bid to stop any further offensive "twaddle" I'll keep stump.

password--Accyweb
Old 02-08-2015, 16:23   #22
Beacon of light

I know Cashy, I understand your reasoning.
Jason sometimes says one thing and then backtracks to say totally the opposite.

In my working life I worked alongside many Doctors and Nurses from other countries, other creeds and cultures. I worked alongside them equitably because we were all working for the same aim....Likewise I looked after women from all backgrounds and cultures, so to suggest that my views are borne out of racism could not be further from the mark.
My views have been formed by realistic ideals......and information taken from many sources.
Old 02-08-2015, 16:29   #23
Beacon of light

Quote:
Well,looks like I'm the only one who thinks folk shouldn't be given labels like ‘illegal’ just because they have fallen foul to geographical birth locations and a brutal,repressive system of control...we're very tolerant as long as you follow our rules....if not,you can sod off back were they came from...hmmm.

...In a bid to stop any further offensive "twaddle" I'll keep stump.
They are NOT illegal for purely geographic reasons, economic migrants should make applications for UK migrant status in their country of origin.
Asylum seekers are different.....they must apply for asylum status at the first landfall.
They cannot just rock up, land on our doorstep and expect to be welcomed to dip their bread in our gravy......be given a roof over their heads, clothes for their backs and food for their bellies......those things are the responsibility of the country in which they landed.
Most countries operate border control of some nature.....Australia does it best from my experience.
Emotions cannot get in the way of security.
Keeping schtum might be a good idea.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 02-08-2015 at 16:31.
Old 02-08-2015, 16:46   #24
Senior Member+

Shtum it is

password--Accyweb
Old 02-08-2015, 17:08   #25
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
I wouldn't pish on Cameron if he was burning, but theres sod all wrong wi his description, its P.C. gone completely mad. these people are 100% *******.
Sorry to disagree, but PCism has not gone "completely mad"; it started out that way.
cashman likes this.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 17:14   #26
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Sorry to disagree, but PCism has not gone "completely mad"; it started out that way.
Fair point eric. though it does seem theres more of these idiots than there ever was?
Old 02-08-2015, 17:21   #27
Beacon of light

Idiots meet idiots and breed idiots.
This does not refer to anyone in particular.......before anyone accuses me of throwing brickbats.
cashman likes this.
Old 02-08-2015, 17:38   #28
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Do I think halfway down the chart constitutes the UK as 'pulling its weight'? Hmmm.
Upon opening & seeing BBC ..........

Quote:
Now,let's say UK/France said tomorrow that the border is Dover....
All the better, because anything coming through that tunnel that had no right to come through would be sent straight back down, train or no.

Quote:
‘illegal’ just because they have fallen foul to geographical birth locations
Wrong again, they're illegal because they have broken numerous rules & committed various crimes by coming so far without using the correct channels.

It appears your WLA'o syndrome is getting to a critical state, either that or you're living under a rickety bridge eating billy goats!

Last edited by DaveinGermany; 02-08-2015 at 17:41.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 17:39   #29
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Idiots meet idiots and breed idiots.
This does not refer to anyone in particular.......before anyone accuses me of throwing brickbats.
I accuse yeh of the crime of telling the truth.
Old 02-08-2015, 17:42   #30
Beacon of light

I plead guilty on that charge...mea culpa

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..