Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree194Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2015, 16:14   #61
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: The Swarm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
Ken Hargreaves?
I thought him, but was hardly a "Leading Un"?
Old 12-10-2015, 16:54   #62
Beacon of light

Yes, and I doubt very much if we will see his like again.
Now, the politicians are more interested in what they can do for themselves rather than what they can do for the electorate.....how they can make enough to live a life that the rest of us can only dream about.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 21:35   #63

I always thought John Smith seemed sincere, but then again I used to think Nick Clegg was too. Power corrupts, absolute power etc etc.
egg&chips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2016, 16:12   #64
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Well I'll be damned if he hasn't done it again! Call me Dave, has once again gone an upset the whiney, hand wringing, British hating, leftist libtards! And how? By using that odious, extremist, obnoxious term "Bunch"!

Yep, the usual suspects of the faux outraged are up on their hind legs once more, yowling & baying, demanding apologies & recompense for the outrageous statement "Bunch of migrants" along with other comments but that one was the kicker right enough!

Like there isn't enough serious problems facing the Country, the tedious cretins of the "opposition" have to get arsey about this! Quite surprised the biggest racist of the lot hasn't had her tuppence worth, mind you, she was probably off somewhere slagging down white males.

PMQs - Labour demand Cameron apology after PM calls Calais refugees 'a bunch of migrants' | Politics | News | Daily Express
Redraine likes this.
Old 27-01-2016, 17:02   #65
Beacon of light

It is time that Jeremy Corbyn and his 'bunch' realise that we have enough people in this country who need help and support before we go trying to rescue others. We are full here.
Charity begins at home.
Why do the Middle Eastern Muslim countries not shove their hands in their pockets and accommodate these people?
Old 27-01-2016, 19:44   #66
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

I think it's time he was ambitious and used a phrase similar to a boat full of illegal turds.

Not that I would use a phrase such as a boat load of turds, I just think a turd is a turd and if we have a boatload of them that is what they should be called.

The images of the French illegals comes to mind, they supposedly where protesting against unhealthy conditions etc, me, I saw loads of folk at the seaside enjoying themselves.

If they are that healthy as to run around a port they should stay in France it's obviously good for them.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2016, 19:48   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
It is time that Jeremy Corbyn and his 'bunch' realise that we have enough people in this country who need help and support before we go trying to rescue others. We are full here.
Charity begins at home.
Why do the Middle Eastern Muslim countries not shove their hands in their pockets and accommodate these people?
Hey now hang on, if they did offer, the boat load of turds would still prefer to come here.

Why? Because nobody would ever call them a boat load of turds and they would be FREE to ****e on the Country that takes them in.
Old 27-01-2016, 20:06   #68
Beacon of light

yes, you are right.
Look at the furore created by immigrants having to wear wristbands in their accommodation so that the staff could identify genuine claimants and feed them.
No-one is shooting at them or bombing them...just making sure they can be identified.
If they don't want these to show when they are out and about then wear long sleeves...it isn't warm enough for T shirts anyway.
At some point this system must have been subject to abuse for this to be adopted.
Many of those in Calais are not refugees, but economic migrants. A refugee would take refuge in the first non hostile country they reached. They would not trek thousands of miles just so that they could come here...and as I have said...Why don't the Rich Saudis take some of their muslim brothers?
Thier culture is similar, the religion is the same.
Redraine likes this.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 27-01-2016 at 20:08.
Old 27-01-2016, 20:16   #69

Whoa hang on, 30 odd years ago four friends of mine were made redundant 3 got jobs in Saudi the fourth was faced with the dole, I asked him, could you not have got a job in Saudi?
His reply was, hell less I'm a black man, the Saudis treat the whites like sh'ite what chance would I have?
I'm staying where I was born and can be safe.
Old 27-01-2016, 20:47   #70
Beacon of light

Less, these are not black men.....they are muslims, the same colour, the same creed as Saudis.
The arabian countries are dragging their feet...doing sod all about their own brothers...while expecting the bleeding heart liberals in Europe to give these people homes, jobs, health care and school their children.
All the while they are in Europe...are they obeying the law?
If they come here they do not want to adapt to our way of life....they want to try to get us to adapt to their seventh century laws and rules.
Do you think that would happen if you or I went to Saudi...or any other muslim country(not that I would)?

If we air these views we are called racist, thereby any healthy open debate about what is going on is stifled....but we all know we are thinking the same things...even those who do not voice them
Old 27-01-2016, 21:08   #71
I am Banned

Put em on coaches and drive them to the gates of Auswitch, then tell em it wouldn't take much to get it working again, Less called them turds, I prefer the word vermin.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2016, 22:15   #72
I am Banned

BBC1 are showing a documentary just now. Children Saved From The Nazi: A Hero's Story. Recommended viewing for you Hateful 8 ....I know there's currently only 4 of you but another 4 will be along pretty soon I am sure. Get it on iPlayer or catch- up.
Oh yes and I'll post the Huff Post link tomorrow to Peter Capaldi's YouTube video. To quote HP's Eve Hartley " Actor and philanthropist Peter Capaldi has recorded a powerful but simple message in support of refugees after a visit to a camp in Jordan with the UNHCR.
mobertol and Alan Varrechia like this.
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2016, 22:39   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
Put em on coaches and drive them to the gates of Auswitch, then tell em it wouldn't take much to get it working again, Less called them turds, I prefer the word vermin.
That has to be one of the most horrendous comments ever made. Shame on you.
imagined1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2016, 22:51   #74
God Member

71 years ago today, on the 27th January, the prisoners who had survived the horror of Auschwitz were freed - think on - has progress been made?

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2016, 22:52   #75
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
Whatever your views on the Calais situation, there's no excuse for that sort of hateful bile. Pathetic.
Eric, mobertol, DtheP47 and 2 others like this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..