Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree194Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-01-2016, 06:24   #76
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!
Re: The Swarm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtheP47 View Post
Recommended viewing for you Hateful 8 ....I know there's currently only 4 of you but another 4 will be along pretty soon I am sure.
Intriguing comment DtP47, would you care to name & elaborate or as is so typical of lefty types, will just shouting down those with opposing views as racists & nazis suffice to stifle a debate/argument in your book?

I await an interesting & "balanced" counter from such an educated chap.
Old 28-01-2016, 08:28   #77
Beacon of light

Some folk just don't get it.
We have problems looking after our own people in this country...yet there are t hose who would take in all the worlds problems.
There is no way of checking that these are refugees from crisis torn parts of the world. Many of these people have destroyed their documents so that their country of origin cannot be determined.......others have travelled on false documents.

Are we happy to take people who could be members of ISIS....who would like to wreak havoc in our towns and then post videos and gloat over our distress??

If they were genuine refugees then they would settle in the first safe haven they landed on...but they don't, they are drawn to the UK because of its soft treatment.

Do we really want to import the violence that can be clearly seen in Calais, the lawlessness. If these people are not going to follow the laws in France what makes us think they will abide by the rules in the UK...they don't...they cite their staus .

I do not align myself with the comments made by retlaw, but I DO have concerns about the numbers of these people we are being asked to help......we should be helping our own homeless people before taking in the foreign homeless.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2016, 09:07   #78
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Intriguing comment DtP47, would you care to name & elaborate or as is so typical of lefty types, will just shouting down those with opposing views as racists & nazis suffice to stifle a debate/argument in your book?

I wouldn't go that far "Dave" after all i went the same school.
Old 28-01-2016, 09:22   #79
I am Banned

Here's the Huff' Post piece with the youtube link.

Peter Capaldi Uses Jordan Camp Visit To Remind Us All Of The One Thing Syrian Refugees Want - To Go Home
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2016, 09:41   #80
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
I wouldn't go that far "Dave" after all i went the same school.

Steady on Mr C
4 years on Union Road counted for nowt' 43 years in the Univerity of Life wot did it matey.
You are still playing catch up.
cashman likes this.
Old 28-01-2016, 09:41   #81
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Interestingly i just seen on the news,Sweden are deporting 50.000 illegal migrants oer the next 2 yrs, the public who having been yon,i certainly dont look on as hateful, are up in arms about the 2 yr its gonna take, seeing how its costing the taxpayer fer em. it seems to me 50.000 is hell of a lot of people who shouldn't even be there, and this is without any syrian,afghan. or Iraqis, of which no doubt some of those will be yon with bad intentions, as well as those who are genuine, yet it seems to me the do-gooders are much too dense to grasp this fact.
Old 28-01-2016, 10:24   #82
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
Put em on coaches and drive them to the gates of Auswitch, then tell em it wouldn't take much to get it working again, Less called them turds, I prefer the word vermin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Whatever your views on the Calais situation, there's no excuse for that sort of hateful bile. Pathetic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by imagined1 View Post
That has to be one of the most horrendous comments ever made. Shame on you.

11) Remember, 'free speech' means that any form of bigotry, racism and misogyny is perfectly OK.
Stellings Rule 11/25

Last edited by DtheP47; 28-01-2016 at 10:26.
Old 28-01-2016, 10:39   #83
Beacon of light

So.... DtheP47 you consider me to be one of the hateful four?
Just because I have an opinion which differs from yours, I am saying what a lot of people are thinking.
My self esteem does not depend on your judgement of me.
I am a realist.
I see the problems that bringing these people into our country will cause( they are evident in the countries that these people are already resident in.
I am at the bum end of my life, but I despair of how this country is at present.....and the legacy which is being left for future generations.
cashman, ossy kid and bernie94 like this.
Old 28-01-2016, 10:49   #84
Beacon of light

As for these self serving celebs who come on our screens and pontificate about what we should be doing.....well, this is not anything to do with their humanitarian ethics. It is more about raising their own profile than that of people in the camps.
If these people were to be allowed free let into this country do you really think it would affect the celebs?
They have private schools to send their children to...they have Harley street doctors to minister to them when they are ill.....not for them a wait on a housing list that lengthens because house are allocated to an asylum seeker or a refugee ahead of them.

When I see one of these celebs buying up accommodation and housing these refugees.....paying for the health care and education of the children......only then might I take advice from them.
Those in the Ivory towers are far removed from the dung heap of life that is the lot of many of the folk who were born here have to put up with.
ossy kid, bernie94 and hilleluk like this.
Old 28-01-2016, 12:58   #85
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
So.... DtheP47 you consider me to be one of the hateful four?
Just because I have an opinion which differs from yours, I am saying what a lot of people are thinking.
My self esteem does not depend on your judgement of me.
I am a realist.
I see the problems that bringing these people into our country will cause( they are evident in the countries that these people are already resident in.
I am at the bum end of my life, but I despair of how this country is at present.....and the legacy which is being left for future generations.
Yup Margaret your self esteem is dependent on your judgement of you. Yes indeedy.

Circle the Wagons.
You are welcome to your xenophobia Margaret, you and all the other prejudiced naysayers with your dystopian prophesies and your not so very thinly veiled ways of sayin' “ I don’t want them in my backyard”
Old 28-01-2016, 13:10   #86
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

I will say loud n clear i do not want isis or any terrorists in my backyard, there is no check whatsoever on who is or who aint,, if that sits well wi you DtheP it dont wi me. simple fact is yeh only need 1 of these evil gits to commit carnage.

Last edited by cashman; 28-01-2016 at 13:13.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2016, 13:28   #87
Super Moderator

This whole "load of immigrants" controversy came about when Corbyn was asking Cameron some awkward questions about the tax deal with Google, which apparently amounts to a pathetic 3% - a marked contrast to Italy where the government have extracted 15% from Google. Cameron used the phrase deliberately, as he knew it would deflect from the question he was being asked and, hey presto, it worked!
Alan Varrechia likes this.

Last edited by Wynonie Harris; 28-01-2016 at 13:31.
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2016, 13:38   #88
Beacon of light

Yes, you are right Steve,
It was a definite diversionary tactic.

Parliament is like the baby house, it really is.

But, in the past, governments of all colours and persuasions have known about the tax anomalies...loopholes which were favouring the big multinational companies and NONE of them did diddly squat about it.
HMRC are a shameless waste of space...they prefer to chase pensioners for a few hundred quid that was underpaid due to the incompetence of HMRC...after all when you are on PAYE you expect their calculations to be correct.

Now it is time to see if the current government can do more about extracting the appropriate amount of tax from some of these companies that seem to be teflon coated....I won't hold my breath though.
Old 28-01-2016, 13:38   #89

Load of immigrants now seems innocuous when compared with calling them boat load of turds, vermin and the suggestion they be driven to the gates of Auschwitz.
Wynonie Harris likes this.
Michael1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2016, 13:41   #90
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

To be honest mate, i dont reckon for 1 min Camerons remark made the remotest difference to what people think about this refugee farce, it certainly didn't to me, people have been really bugged about how n whats happening,long before Camerons remarks.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..