Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-08-2015, 21:38   #1

Photographs of Royal Babies

Could the reason that paparazzi are hiding in cars trying to take pictures of royal toddlers have something to do with the woeful lack of 'official' pictures that are issued?

My niece has been flooding Facebook virtually every day for the last six months with snaps of her sprog. Never once has it been suggested that the kid's childhood is being sacrificed.

Why not issue a few 'official' photos every few days? 99.9% of the papers will soon get bored and not bother to print them all, and the sad 'Hello' readers will get their regular dose of pictures to bill and coo over.

And it will make fuzzy pictures taken from half a mile away though a long range lens completely worthless.

Just a thought!
Accyexplorer likes this.
hyndburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-08-2015, 21:58   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Photographs of Royal Babies

To me ,their just like breeding pandas at the Zoo,I don't see what the fuss is about....

..but I don't like the monarchy or babies

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2015, 22:29   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

I reckon the TV reality shows have bred the kind of sad gets that are interested in stuff like this, its a whole new Skanker.
Old 14-08-2015, 22:39   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
I reckon the TV reality shows have bred the kind of sad gets that are interested in stuff like this...
Nah. My wife predates reality shows, but she laps up all the gossip and photos of the royals.

Studio25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2015, 08:36   #5
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyndburner View Post
something to do with the woeful lack of 'official' pictures that are issued?
I take it you're one of these folk that crave a weekly dose of these tedious pictures? For me I couldn't care less if it's a royal brat, some celebs latest "look at me, I'm so wonderful" African/Mongol/Asian adoption, or the Chavette down the streets latest addition to her brood of Chardonnays & Tylers.

Ugly, slobbery, scrumpled up little boogers! People should be banned from flashing around kid pictures until their little darlings have reached an age somewhere around the teens mark & only then with a certificate attesting to their fledglings full training in, social niceties, impeccable manners & utmost respect for their elders & betters (regardless how crotchety, wrong or grumpy we appear).

I may well be alone in these thoughts though ........ but I somehow doubt it.
Old 15-08-2015, 10:09   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
I take it you're one of these folk that crave a weekly dose of these tedious pictures?
Not at all. You missed my point.

There are PLENTY of people who DO crave them. So rather than moaning at people trying to get pictures of the kids, the easy thing to do is flood them with 'official' pictures. Do what every other parent with a Facebook Account is doing these days.

That way you keep control of the situation, and make paparazzi pictures worthless.
Old 15-08-2015, 13:34   #7
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyndburner View Post
Not at all. You missed my point.
Oh Cointreau mong cherry! (that's frog speak that is ) I merely applied a smidgeon of humour to the discussion, which, by the way seems to have bypassed your good self. Ah well, some folk I suppose must be serious so's the rest of us don't have to be.
cashman likes this.
Old 15-08-2015, 13:43   #8

Why does Camilla wear big hats?
Michael1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2015, 13:55   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael1954 View Post
Probably to take attention away from her face.
Old 15-08-2015, 14:29   #10
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Probably to take attention away from her face.
I get this image of a Bulldog licking pish from a thistle, for some obscure reason.
Eric likes this.
Old 15-08-2015, 17:35   #11
God Member

Quote:
I get this image of a Bulldog licking pish from a thistle, for some obscure reason.
Gotta admit it; that broad is double coyote ugly.
DaveinGermany likes this.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2015, 19:37   #12
Beacon of light

Parents have a right to decide if they want pictures of their children published.
Recently at a school sports day parents were banned from taking pictures of events...yet these same parents put pictures of their children on social media.

Prince William and Kate do not want their children in the public eye.....They do not court publicity by using their children.....unlike so called celebs.....who court publicity most of the time.
This gives the media the feeling that it is ok to take any pictures they like....But the Royals do not do this. They want to keep their children's lives away from the public gaze. (A bit like those parents who didn't want their children to be in the sports day pictures)
Personally, I have very little interest in babies or children.....and certainly would not buy a magazine to get a look at these children.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2015, 09:13   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael1954 View Post
My grandma used to say 'If you can't fight, wear a big hat".

Does that help??
Old 16-08-2015, 09:15   #14
Senior Member+

Quote:
Oh Cointreau mong cherry! (that's frog speak that is ) I merely applied a smidgeon of humour to the discussion, which, by the way seems to have bypassed your good self. Ah well, some folk I suppose must be serious so's the rest of us don't have to be.
Easier to understand than when you speak scouse
cashman and DaveinGermany like this.
Old 16-08-2015, 10:24   #15
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
Easier to understand than when you speak scouse
'Ere! that's Scouscist that is! I want compo now, cos you've trampled me 'uhman rights!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..