Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree102Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2015, 23:27   #46
God Member

Re: Crematorium

jehovas dont seem to get offended when they get doors slammed in their faces i highly doubt they complained about a crucifix

could see an issuer if vampires went there but apart from that i think most people aint fussed about the cucifix been there

name splattered all over social media and the press... Mission accomplished id say...

funny thing is though this past week HBC asked people to decide on how the council tax should be raised and the options were the working people covered the raise or the people on benefits got told to pay more

naturally social media blew up with comments such as i work all week why should i cover the scums council tax..Well just remember not everyone in receipt of council tax benefit is a Jeremy Kyle dosser infact your grandma or your elderly mother may be getting a discount or help with council tax

anyway i didnt see a second poll from HBC asking if the crucifix should be taken down or not it was just decided and done

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-10-2015, 05:56   #47
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post
Ken Moss tried to screw with the memorial in Huncoat and got his backside kicked, he's had it kicked on his own now defunct facebook group, he's had it kicked here with the benches and now he's had it kicked in the national media....but according to him it's all Britcliffes fault *sigh*
It is always good if you find someone else to blame!
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 06:48   #48
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post
So...breaking it down..our MP

a) Doesn't know what a minority is
b) Can't spell
c) Can't do maths (i.e 3/8 of non-christian Hyndburn is greater than 5/8 of christian Hyndburn)
d) Can't do geography (apparently he thinks he lives in XXXX)

Yet still claims to be smarter than us plebs when it comes to the fiscal issues of leaving Europe whilst claiming to speak on behalf of 95% (75,000 people) in Hyndburn

Back on thread I keep seeing a 40% figure for none believers using the crematorium...

Considering that the Muslim community do not use this crematorium, a simple calculation using the census figures would show that 73% of Hyndburn crematorium users are Christian, leaving a mere 27% of people who may possibly be offended (and thats not accounting for the variation that could be caused by the 4000+ people who thought that their personal belief system had sod all to do with census takers)

And by the way I'm a none believer..and just like I did with mine, I know lots of people who tell their kids that mum/dad/gran is in heaven and happy...a cross is kinda significant to the innocent and undoctrinated kids who go to funerals.

Ken Moss tried to screw with the memorial in Huncoat and got his backside kicked, he's had it kicked on his own now defunct facebook group, he's had it kicked here with the benches and now he's had it kicked in the national media....but according to him it's all Britcliffes fault *sigh*
I am 110% behind you on that one!

http://www.studiosoft.co.uk

Family History - Can you help to fill in the gaps? - http://www.hodgkinsonclark.co.uk
Hodgkinson, Clark, Baxter, Gardner, Spilman, Ward, Lofthouse, Fowler, Westwell
Morecambe Ex Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 07:15   #49
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

"2 Days now, Ken Moss made a statement accusing a person of lying, and has not been back to clarify as asked!! That to me says it all about the guy, disappoints me as i originally thought different.
Old 03-10-2015, 09:51   #50
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

So what happened to Batman & Robin? The caped crusaders sallied forth & then ........ batmobile broken down in a doggers layby somewhere?
maxthecollie likes this.
Old 03-10-2015, 09:56   #51
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
So what happened to Batman & Robin? The caped crusaders sallied forth & then ........ batmobile broken down in a doggers layby somewhere?
Now,Now dave i never suspected collusion.
Old 03-10-2015, 10:19   #52
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Now,Now dave i never suspected collusion.
Perish the thought my dear Cashers! I'd not expect that from you, the fine upstanding gentleman that you are.
Old 03-10-2015, 20:19   #53

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
They've done what they usually do when faced with facts as opposed to innuendo, poor local knowledge and crap research..

DaveinGermany likes this.

Last edited by Guinness; 03-10-2015 at 20:22.
Guinness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 09:46   #54
Senior Member+

Perhaps it was a cunning plan by Mr Moss to generate publicity for the town.
If so he has succeeded, local press, national daily papers and now national Sunday papers. Almost in Baldric's class.
Old 04-10-2015, 14:26   #55
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
Perhaps it was a cunning plan by Mr Moss to generate publicity for the town.
If so he has succeeded, local press, national daily papers and now national Sunday papers. Almost in Baldric's class.
but not quite as cunning as a fox that studied cunningness at cunning university ?
Barrie Yates likes this.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 04-10-2015, 18:37   #56
God Member

Q. How can you tell when a politician's lying?

A. His mouth's open.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 20:25   #57
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
Q. How can you tell when a politician's lying?

A. His mouth's open.
how can you tell when one is having fun

the pigs mouth is open
cashman and westendlass like this.

Old 05-10-2015, 19:23   #58
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
Your statement is quite clear - "The cross will remain" So there can be no doubt that the original cross will be re-instated and not replaced by a removable altar top miniature version.
Please will you confirm to the electorate of Hyndburn that what you have said is in fact what you mean.
As Ken seems to be quite shy I'll post the answer for you

Hyndburn council dismisses UKIP MEP's criticism over crematorium crucifix - Accrington Observer
Old 05-10-2015, 19:38   #59
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
That sound like more bull shine, when ever has there been any need for the staff to cover the cross up when funerals are taking place, over the years I've been in that place nigh on 50 odd times as friends, relatives, and ex work mates have passed on, and I've never seen it covered once. When did this business of covering the cross start, & who started it, or is this just another lame excuse for stupidity, or bone idleness on behalf of the cleaning staff.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 20:13   #60
Beacon of light

I wonder just how many times there has been an objection to the cross.
How many times have the staff been asked to cover it up.....my guess would be less than a handful.
I think the article in the Observer is as Retlaw says ' bull shine'.
I consider what our MEP said, to right on the money.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..