Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-10-2015, 11:38   #16

Re: Getting rid of Tories ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Amazing election ... Liberals look like they are set for a majority government ... and the Jays are ahead 10-4 in the bottom of the eighth ... a good nite for Canada: Harper gone Bye bye Tories.
A great night indeed! I didn't stay up long enough to see the results, but waking up this morning was like Christmas
Eric likes this.
Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-10-2015, 13:21   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle View Post
A great night indeed! I didn't stay up long enough to see the results, but waking up this morning was like Christmas
Great way of looking at it ... and the Grinch is gone.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 20:25   #18
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Noticed this today Eric

WATCH: Muslim Men Shoot Up Nightclub, Govt And Media Refuse To Use The ?M? Word - Breitbart

How's this sitting with you laid back Canadians?
Barrie Yates likes this.
Old 09-02-2016, 06:10   #19
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Eric, I heard on BFBS (Forces radio) that your Mr.Trudeau is pulling the RCAF out of the bombing missions against isis/isil in 2 weeks. Not seen anything in the UK press, what's being said over there in the colonies?
Old 09-02-2016, 22:29   #20
I am Banned

I wish they'd stop messing about with isis & wipe them off the face of the earth. Same wi them so called called muslim asylum seekers, they don't want to integrate, they just want to live in other countries in the manner they can't do at home, talking to them is a waste of time, to them thats a sign of weakness, the only thing they understand is brute force, and we should give it to them, at the muzzle end of a machine gun.
They are already swankin in Germany they can't be touched, 1000's of young males, not enough sheep, just get your heads on and think what its going to be like in a few years time, they will be out of control, and the dogooders think they are helpng them, them dogooders are one of then main causes of the problem.

Last edited by Neil; 12-02-2016 at 00:15. Reason: *'s
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 23:15   #21
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Noticed this today Eric

WATCH: Muslim Men Shoot Up Nightclub, Govt And Media Refuse To Use The ?M? Word - Breitbart

How's this sitting with you laid back Canadians?
I dunno

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naheed_Nenshi
Old 09-02-2016, 23:38   #22
God Member

Quote:
Eric, I heard on BFBS (Forces radio) that your Mr.Trudeau is pulling the RCAF out of the bombing missions against isis/isil in 2 weeks. Not seen anything in the UK press, what's being said over there in the colonies?
It's kind of split. Many would like to see the CF-18s stay. But just as many support the Liberal plan which would see more Canadian special service troops sent as advisers, and more money for humanitarian aid. In fact, Canada is shelling out more cash than before ... over a billion and a half dollars. Canadian airborne refueling planes and surveillance planes are not affected by the withdrawal. And let's face it, air strikes alone are not going to defeat ISIS. It's going to be a long conflict. It won't be won by futile air strikes unsupported by other strategic alternatives. "In strategy, the longest way round is often the shortest way there .... "
Old 10-02-2016, 13:27   #23
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
I wish they'd stop messing about with isis & wipe them off the face of the earth. Same wi them so called called muslim asylum seekers, they don't want to integrate, they just want to live in other countries in the manner they can't do at home, talking to them is a waste of time, to them thats a sign of weakness, the only thing they understand is brute force, and we should give it to them, at the muzzle end of a machine gun.
They are already swankin in Germany they can't be touched, 1000's of young males, not enough sheep, just get your heads on and think what its going to be like in a few years time, they will be out of control, and the dogooders think they are helpng them, them dogooders are one of then main causes of the problem.
Retlaw, this might be your solution to the problem, but I think this would precipitate world war 3.

All these muslim men who are deserting their countries, living in camps....why are thy not staying and fighting this abhorrent regime.

We are told that the number of militant muslims is a minority...that the majority of muslims are peace loving and tolerant....so tell me why aren't they standing up and fighting for their lands, for the right to live peaceably.

The solutions need to come from the muslim world. Otherwise they will always be citing western aggression, damning the US, France and Europe for the ills that beset them.
Where are the rich middle eastern countries in this?.....They seem to be committing nothing to the solution, they are sitting on their hands, they don't seem to be offering accommodation or safety or financial aid(well apart from Jordan). These people are their muslim brothers.

All the muslim men who are fit and healthy should be sent back to their countries to fight the aggressors.......let the women and children be looked after by Europe, by the charitable donations, but send the men back to reclaim their homeland.

In years to come when these so called refugees grow up they will denounce us for not allowing them to have their countries, for not giving them the wherewithal to take back their lands......most of them despise the western way of life anyway.

Last edited by Neil; 12-02-2016 at 00:15. Reason: *'s in quote
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 13:39   #24
God Member

Quote:
Here's something from Canadian Broadcorping Castration today ... says a lot about the nature of polling too:

Do Canadians want to end the ISIS bombing mission? It depends - Politics - CBC News

Think it's important to note that a large majority of Canadians want Canada to be doing something to help out. They just ain't sure what. Problem with issues like this is that folks are asked to give their opinions on shiite they know nothing about: here this would be strategy and tactics in an area which has complex and competing groupings, complicated by sometimes unfathomable religious distinctions. Not to mention the actions of the Russians and the Turks ... the latter country seems to identify the enemy as the Kurds
Old 10-02-2016, 14:29   #25
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Here's something from Canadian Broadcorping Castration today ... says a lot about the nature of polling too:
Aye, pretty much six of one & half a dozen of the other, see that's the problem with being so laid back.
Old 10-02-2016, 14:34   #26
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Retlaw, this might be your solution to the problem, but I think this would precipitate world war 3.

All these muslim men who are deserting their countries, living in camps....why are thy not staying and fighting this abhorrent regime.

We are told that the number of militant muslims is a minority...that the majority of muslims are peace loving and tolerant....so tell me why aren't they standing up and fighting for their lands, for the right to live peaceably.

The solutions need to come from the muslim world. Otherwise they will always be citing western aggression, damning the US, France and Europe for the ills that beset them.
Where are the rich middle eastern countries in this?.....They seem to be committing nothing to the solution, they are sitting on their hands, they don't seem to be offering accommodation or safety or financial aid(well apart from Jordan). These people are their muslim brothers.

All the muslim men who are fit and healthy should be sent back to their countries to fight the aggressors.......let the women and children be looked after by Europe, by the charitable donations, but send the men back to reclaim their homeland.

In years to come when these so called refugees grow up they will denounce us for not allowing them to have their countries, for not giving them the wherewithal to take back their lands......most of them despise the western way of life anyway.
Margaret I know they despise the Western way of life, and want to get rid of it, so why do they want to come here then, they are ready enough to use Western technology to achieve their ideals, all those fit and healthy young men are the advance force, and if them isis get a toe hold, all the muslims that now denounce them, would convert like a flash of lightening, they are as sh11te scared of them as the syrians are, how many so called British muslims do you hear of going out to fight isis. I wonder what our descendants will think of us when Westminster Palace is a giant mosque. WW3 or not the only answer is to do unto others as they do unto us, slaughter them. Talking to them will achieve nothing, they don't talk thats weakness. I hate all this crap about being raceist, and people being frightend to express an opinion, they are the raceists and play that card at the drop of a hat, who the ell let them get that much power in the British Isles. Two World Wars, millions of British soldiers died, and we curl our toes up at muslims.

Last edited by Neil; 12-02-2016 at 00:13. Reason: *'s
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 15:44   #27
Beacon of light

I do not advocate tlking to them Retlaw, because they are not open to discussion. There ideology is vastly different from ours.
I can see what you are saying, but I think the way forward is to make those who want their lands to be free of this cancer(because that is what ISIS is - a cancer of humanity...they have no humanity) to be sent back to fight for the freedoms which they seem to enjoy. The freedom to worship is not denied to them, they are free to live their own lives unhindered in the western countries...so let them go back to their countries with this model and regain control over it.

The problems with many of these countries is that we have tried to introduce democracy. This is a concept which they have no grasp on......they only understand tribal rules...those are the rules by which they live...and these rules are centuries behind what we in the west understand..
I express my opinion honestly and openly. I am not racist, I have worked with many races and creeds, I have helped many races and creeds get back their health...so how can I be seen as racist?

That said, I do not believe that it is right for military action to be instigated from the west.
That is not to say that if some middle eastern country instigated military action I would not be in favour of the west offering to help out......but for the west to go in guns blazing and gung ho....NO that (in my humble opinion - what ever that counts for) is foolish and full of danger for the whole world.
Eric and DaveinGermany like this.
Old 10-02-2016, 16:33   #28
God Member

Quote:
that's the problem with being so laid back.

No problemo ... we like it like that. Canada has a history of not getting involved in conflicts that the government considers, well, dumb. Operation Iraqui Freedom comes to mind For those with short memories, that was the mammoth trillion-dollar cluster [deleted] that did a lot to create ISIS. But when involvement is necessary, Canadian forces can be counted on. Problem with the bombing is that is so tied up with the US Presidential campaign ... if you don't believe this, check out few of the Republican ads. What the yanks wan't is another "coalition of the willing." (That's countries willing to kiss American ass). Right now, we ain't willing. We'll do things our way.

So we'll just kick back, drink beer, smoke dope (that's probably going to be legal by the end of the year), and watch hockey.
DaveinGermany likes this.
Old 10-02-2016, 21:16   #29
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
I wonder what our descendants will think of us when Westminster Palace is a giant mosque.
It isn't for us to say how our descendents will judge us.

It is always easier to say what could have been done when you are not the one who has to do it.
If we go in hung ho, then there may not be any descendants to worry about.
We do not know if ISIS have the capacity to make nuclear armaments. It is likely that with the help of others who are sympathetic to their cause, that if they don't have this facility right now, it is not far off.
Old 10-02-2016, 21:34   #30
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I do not advocate tlking to them Retlaw, because they are not open to discussion. There ideology is vastly different from ours.
I can see what you are saying, but I think the way forward is to make those who want their lands to be free of this cancer(because that is what ISIS is - a cancer of humanity...they have no humanity) to be sent back to fight for the freedoms which they seem to enjoy. The freedom to worship is not denied to them, they are free to live their own lives unhindered in the western countries...so let them go back to their countries with this model and regain control over it.

The problems with many of these countries is that we have tried to introduce democracy. This is a concept which they have no grasp on......they only understand tribal rules...those are the rules by which they live...and these rules are centuries behind what we in the west understand..
I express my opinion honestly and openly. I am not racist, I have worked with many races and creeds, I have helped many races and creeds get back their health...so how can I be seen as racist?

That said, I do not believe that it is right for military action to be instigated from the west.
That is not to say that if some middle eastern country instigated military action I would not be in favour of the west offering to help out......but for the west to go in guns blazing and gung ho....NO that (in my humble opinion - what ever that counts for) is foolish and full of danger for the whole world.
Although you are right, it's wrong for us to think that way, of course the males should be prepared to fight for their Country, but then, so should the females, during the last two real conflicts women of both sides proved they could do 'mens work'.
Are we to go back to a men only situation while we have terror that proves the women of that ilk will willingly kill innocents?

I'm afraid that I will and always will say that no matter of gender, if they kill they deserve the maximum, which must be death. (no doubt administered far more humanely than they do it).
Less is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..