Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2016, 14:49   #61
God Member

Re: Getting rid of Tories ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
And your point is?
touche from teh other thread

well played lmao

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-02-2016, 15:21   #62
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
You talk about women grumbling about men....and what do you consider your post to be doing if it isn't moaning about women?
Retlaw you have been around long enough to know that women are a strange breed.......they were made to match men!
Wrong there Margaret.
When God made the earth he said you will find good obedient women in the 4 corners of the earth. Then he made it round, and hissed himself laughing.
Ell fire I shud a used some o them ****
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 15:32   #63
Beacon of light

Wrong about you not having been around long enough to know that women are a strange breed?
We know that God didn't really make men and women...they evolved......and not necessarily to be obedient to men.
I can see now where you have been going wrong...it is the obedience bit......dogs are obedient(if you train them right). It doesn't matter how long you try to 'train' a woman....she will grow the way she wants...and men can either like it or lump it.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 15:35   #64
Beacon of light

And...Yes, I do know the saying...'A woman, a spaniel and a walnut tree...the more they are beaten the better they be'.
It is false.
Old 12-02-2016, 15:54   #65
God Member

Quote:
It doesn't matter how long you try to 'train' a woman....she will grow the way she wants...and men can either like it or lump it.
I know all about this; I have cats ... all female; and Emma is a tory. Seems like our beautiful English Language has become a minefield. One can no longer say, getting back on topic, that tories are cruel, grasping, mean-spirited, ignorant over-privileged assholes, whose world-view begins and ends with their tax-sheltered wealth ... spice this up with your own expletives. Come to think of it, it was a tory who started all this horse manure. Back in the early 1900s ... maybe '05 or '06 ... Churchill, that master of English, came up with "terminological inexactitude"; and it's been downhill ever since. Chaucer could play cleverly on the meanings of "queynte" (careful when you say "quaint", you don't know where it comes from ), and Swift could write his clever satire, "The Lady's Dressing Room", and Rochester could pen "A Ramble in St. James' Park", all to popular applause from a less than politically correct public. But times have changed. Now we have to censor our every utterance lest we offend. No more coons on my porch, I guess. Some want to make our National Anthem gender neutral. What next: "Land of My Fathers."?
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 16:15   #66
Beacon of light

Eric even male cats have traits that can be laid at the door of females.
Old 12-02-2016, 20:54   #67
God Member

Quote:
Eric even male cats have traits that can be laid at the door of females.
I'll check this out with Toby when he next visits ... he's on lockdown right now 'cause it's going to get a little chilly this weekend ... into the minus 30s with a mother of a wind chill.

I'm trying to help out a new stray at the moment ... he's a male. Maybe he has some input as he is still a ball-bearing mouse trap. It's going to be a tough weekend for the poor little ******; but I've made a kinda shelter out of a blue box ... lots of old sweaters inside ... not great but at least he can be out of the wind if he chooses to crash there.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 21:14   #68
Beacon of light

Eric, you really are a big softie.
You are doing great stuff...Hope the lad knows this and snuggles down to your sweaters.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..