Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-01-2016, 23:20   #1

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!
My Dairy

My dairy..19th January

Hooray I am 10 today.

I liv in a terrist howse.

On satan days a week at scool I lern stuff. Like wen the boss of my religion got fed up of his wifi’s he chopped ther heds off and stuff. He did this six times.

I’m gonna do this to my wifi’s too cos my teechers lern’t me this. One of his kids killd her sister but it was ok cos she was a good queen cold bess.

I’m gonna kill my sister cos she beets me at fifa16. Hope that makes me good too.

I pulld my sisters ponytail yesterday and my mum tuk my ipad off me.

I’m gonna kill my mum until she gives it bak.

My dairy..20th January

My teacher red my dairy.

I’m in a room with bars on the windows. A man cold Bubba is lookin at me funny.

Father of 'terrorist house' error youngster demands apology from Accrington school (From Lancashire Telegraph)
jelly baby likes this.
Old 21-01-2016, 06:25   #2
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!
Re: My Dairy

Oh no! Not more poor victimised Alis' Snackbar followers!

I detect a whiff of compo in the air.
Old 21-01-2016, 09:22   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Apology my arse, Graham Jones needs his head testing. he certainly dont represent me.
Old 21-01-2016, 09:36   #4
God Member

Damned if they do and damned if they don't.

The issue was also about his Uncle beating him, something his father says doesn't happen and he is being creative. Strange thing to put for creativity !!

How often do we see social services ignoring that stuff which leads to a childs death, then everybody is complaining how bad the authorities are.
Old 21-01-2016, 10:15   #5
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Looks like our MP commented without knowing the whole story. The news has been a little creative as well by the look of it. I'd rather they made lots of mistakes and caught one terrorist than ignore the signs and catch none
Old 21-01-2016, 12:08   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Aye maybe but Labour aren't gonna risk upsetting the applecart, they are now completely useless sadly.
Old 21-01-2016, 13:07   #7
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Looks like our MP commented without knowing the whole story. The news has been a little creative as well by the look of it. I'd rather they made lots of mistakes and caught one terrorist than ignore the signs and catch none
Me too Neil, me too.

This father feels indignant about the reaction this caused, but he should realise that we live in times where things go on in homes which put the rest of us in danger....the Muslim father included.
He should be thankful that it was investigated.......as for him not sleeping, his wife not sleeping, his son not sleeping........I am kept awake by worries that we do not investigate anywhere near enough....that we let just anyone into the country without checking to see if they mean us harm, and that those who are proved to mean us harm cannot be deported because of their human rights.
What about my human right to live peacefully? I guess that human right can be ignored eh!
cashman, bernie94 and ferret man like this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2016, 20:38   #8

One question for you guys...

Do you think the response would have been the same if the child in question had been called Ralph or Tiffany?

22 Children?s Hilariously Inappropriate Spelling Mistakes | Bored Panda
AccyMad and bernie94 like this.
Old 21-01-2016, 21:10   #9
Beacon of light

I suppose it would depend on whether the child said they did not like being beaten by their uncle.
Beaten with a stick or beaten at Ludo.....in he light os past and current events I guess it pays to take no chances.
Old 21-01-2016, 21:47   #10

Strange isn't it..how many of us old gits have, over the years, banged on about corporal punishment never doing us any harm..yet this appears to be the bone of contention here.

The child writes that he hates it when his uncle beats him...

Teachers are trained in safeguarding children..they know the 'indicators' of physical abuse....fear of adults, withdrawal, unexplained bruising etc..etc..

They should also be aware of any changes in behaviour of the child in question....the fact that the police and LCC safeguarding both state that there is nothing to answer to here shows poor judgement by someone....

Considering that the teacher probably has to report this (to cover his/her backside from ofsted box tickers), my money is on the fresh from university social workers at LCC safeguarding overreacting on a slow day
Old 21-01-2016, 21:54   #11
Beacon of light

I am one of those old birds(I believe gits are chaps) who got the back of a hand from time to time.....I did not consider it a beating...and when i look back on what we as a family of seven children got up to...it is to my astonishment that my parents managed to raise us without flaying us alive( something with which we were frequently threatened).
I have to say that in ALL cases...we got what we deserved. We were warned and let the warnings go unheeded. We did all the things we were told not to.

None of us grew up to be damaged, all of us have made upstanding citizens(though one of our lads sailed mighty close to the wind at times).
Rather than calling it corporal punishment I prefer the term 'tough love'.
bernie94 likes this.
Old 21-01-2016, 22:47   #12
Full Member+

I got slapped at home but always warned first if I did something again what would happen but me being me took no notice and got the punishment. I got a few slaps on my backside at school too from Mr Gleaves. Non of it did me any harm. I agree in todays climate teachers and others have to be on the lookout for signs and I would rather they reported stuff and were wrong than ignore things that could lead to something serious.
What struck me was the writing and spelling which looked more like a 6 yr old had written it than an older child.
bernie94 likes this.
Rowlf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2016, 00:21   #13
Senior Member+

Looks as though his command of the English Language is sadly lacking - not enough effort put into the 3 Rs? Could that be the child's lack of ability or the teaching quality/methods?
In my experience of working with 3rd world workers for some 20 years or so, in general they do not seem to have too much trouble in speaking basic English whilst I had great difficulty in picking up very basic ME and Eastern languages - and I got kicked out of French after the third year.
Old 22-01-2016, 12:35   #14
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

After pondering on this, to me its the ruddy dad that should be apologising not the school, the kid may well have meant a terrorist house in his mind,if as he says his uncle [who he lived with] beat him.? Our M.P. is failing badly by his response in this,as far as i'm concerned.
bernie94 and maxthecollie like this.
Old 22-01-2016, 14:31   #15
God Member

the first time this story was published online by the local rag it only mentioned that the word terrorist was used instead of terraced with no mention of beatings or anything else what so ever

at that point anyone in their right mind would think the teacher was a complete moron for not asking the child before calling in authorities about what was at the time a spelling mistake

thats the thing with our local rag it prints half a story then adds bits later

their headline actually said something like police called in over schoolboys spelling mistake indicating this was the concern not any beatings

to give you an indication on how bad things are at our local rag one of them was on hyndburn chat asking if it was ok to contact someone about running a story because they found a bag of dog poop left on top of a bin

i dont know when graham jones released his comment but it may have been before more information was available

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 22-01-2016 at 14:35.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..