Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree42Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2016, 14:05   #16
I am Banned

Re: Television Licence

mm... it's not illegal to listen to DAB radio on a TV set or watch Catch up tv.
How the Dickens the Licencing Authorities police that is a mystery?
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-02-2016, 14:10   #17
God Member

without getting into it at length as its been covered in another thread you can own a tv that is capable of receiving tv transmissions without a TV license as long as you dont use it to receive live transmissions.Its up to the BBC to prove you are doing which they cant unless you admit to it or let them in to your home which you again do not have to do

a modern tv could be used as a monitor or to watch just dvd's or pre recorded shows and no license would be required

besides its a civil matter you can just slam the door in their face

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 16:46   #18
I am Banned

Topical this.
An error with the Global Positioning System (GPS) network has been blamed for causing problems with digital radio broadcasts last week.
BBC say "In a response to the reported issues, the outages were caused by a rogue GPS satellite (SVN23), which was taken out of service in the evening of 26 January."
Old 03-02-2016, 12:44   #19
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Here's where some of your licence money will end up.

BBC jobs reserved for diversity candidates | UK | News | Daily Express
Old 03-02-2016, 12:50   #20
I am Banned

Fill your boots Ding...you must be in one of those groupings.
Old 03-02-2016, 19:02   #21
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtheP47 View Post
Fill your boots Ding...you must be in one of those groupings.
You reckon?

"The opportunities will be limited to female candidates, those with disabilities and those from black, Asian or other ethnic minority backgrounds."

Seems I don't qualify for any of the above, unless you're classing "Scouser" as an ethnic minority?
Eric, Barrie Yates and Gremlin like this.
Old 03-02-2016, 21:19   #22
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
You reckon?

"The opportunities will be limited to female candidates, those with disabilities and those from black, Asian or other ethnic minority backgrounds."

Seems I don't qualify for any of the above, unless you're classing "Scouser" as an ethnic minority?
Ok ... looking for a black muslim woman in a wheelchair ... preferably a Special Olympian ... from Liverpool. Let's throw in a peanut allergy for good measure.

I personally don't think that blacks and women need all that much help these days. With a black in the White House (ok., millions of his countrymen look at him and see a nigger ... most of the rest of us see the President of the United States of America, one whose second term will be highly regarded by historians) ... sports millionaires like LeBron James, billionaire stars like Oprah and Samuel L. Jackson ... and Hilary Clinton, Con Rice, Michelle Howard ... add whoever you want ... things seem to be moving in the right direction without too much added help being required. Things could be better; but we've come a long way since Rosa Parks. Ok scousers are still an unsuccessful minority; but a good football team might help give them a boost. Muslims, too, are still sucking the hind-tit; but once they get out of the Middle Ages, things might improve. Only about 10 muslims have won a Nobel Prize, most of those the Peace Prize, the "Miss Congeniality" award. Jews and other infidels on the other hand .....

Last edited by Eric; 03-02-2016 at 21:27.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 21:30   #23
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Ok ... looking for a black muslim woman in a wheelchair ... preferably a Special Olympian ... from Liverpool. .
That slavvers.
Old 03-02-2016, 21:33   #24
I am Banned

Quote:
You reckon?

Better to be half right than two thirds wrong, eh Ding?
Old 03-02-2016, 21:45   #25
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtheP47 View Post
That slavvers.
That would explain the drool on the application form.
Old 03-02-2016, 22:15   #26
I am Banned

Quote:
That would explain the drool on the application form.
a sticking keyboard maybe...?
Forensics will let us know...
ewww..
Old 03-02-2016, 23:29   #27
God Member

Taking a short break from doing the PC Limbo ... Isn't a TV licence a tad out of date. We've come a long way from Holme Moss, when the most exciting show was the train doing London to Brighton in four minutes ... musical interludes were cool, too ... and the test card.
Old 03-02-2016, 23:48   #28
I am Banned

Quote:
Taking a short break from doing the PC Limbo ... Isn't a TV licence a tad out of date. We've come a long way from Holme Moss, when the most exciting show was the train doing London to Brighton in four minutes ... musical interludes were cool, too ... and the test card.
Aye Eric them wurt days, we couldn't ged owt by aerial, ours was by wire from radio rentals, an a bloke was supposed to monitor it from a shed up on Rileys Hill, trouble were, the sod would switch id of tu get a last pint at Woodnook, when they put the relay station up in Haslingden we could get a picture from there, went to Relay and towd em to take their brackets and wires off our house, they refused, so got the ladder owt an a crowbar an ripped the lot of and chucked intut middle o road, then rang them and towd em to shift it. All the neighbours had tuned into Haslingden so we didn't need them any more.
Eric likes this.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 00:00   #29
Senior Member+

Quote:
You reckon?

Certainly do
Old 04-02-2016, 00:06   #30
I am Banned

Quote:
BBC4* had 2 hour Christmas Special. A two hour reindeer pulled sleigh ride across the frozen wilderness of the Arctic. If I could spell soporific that's how I would describe it.

* That's me in trouble again another bloody acronym!
Eric likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..