Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree42Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-05-2017, 16:12   #136
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Television Licence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
News of the World was the biggest Sunday paper in the country and when it closed many of it's readers must have stopped buying a Sunday paper as other papers circulations didn't go up by the numbers buying the NotW at the time. When he started the Sun on Sunday the circulation was massively smaller than the NoTW so he lost a lot of readers. Something like a million less I think it is
Aye but the damage he may have done to his main cash cow i reckon was the deciding factor.
Old 17-05-2017, 18:06   #137
God Member

When I was admitted to a care home on 26th Jan, it was a provisional arrangement in case I didn't like being here. A direct debit of £12+ for TV licence was taken from my account on 12th Feb.
I decided to stay so applied for a refund of that one month's TV licence - they refunded me the equivalent of THREE months payments.

I have got an email today to remind me to renew my TV licence which expires at the end of May

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2017, 22:22   #138
Full Member+

I think it is totally wrong that people in care homes should have to pay for a licence individually. Hotels do not have one per room so why should care homes. I remember when my son went to uni each room was supposed to have a licence .He had taken his small tv from his bedroom with him and my husband told him if the authorities came to throw it out the window (he was on the 3rd floor) as a new set would be less than the fine.It is the only time I have ever heard him condone something wrong. Years ago an elderly relative lived in a sheltered housing complex and only paid about £25 for her tv.
KiTChener likes this.
Rowlf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2017, 05:57   #139
God Member

4 days to go until their inspector arrives to see if i need a tv license

they were nice enough to give me a date but not a time

iv come to look forward to these little visits from the BBC henchmen but i am disappointed they have removed the element of surprise and given me a heads up they are coming

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2017, 17:45   #140

Kuenssberg is a labour supporter, the BBC are a disgrace with there biased reporting.
hilleluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2017, 17:54   #141
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilleluk View Post
Kuenssberg is a labour supporter, the BBC are a disgrace with there biased reporting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilleluk View Post
I don't mind paying this licence fee. Do not forget the fee covers listening to the Radio, some good talk and sports commentary on there. I just wish the BBC were less biased in Political and Foreign reporting.

So you don't mind paying towards a disgrace?

Yes, they do seem to be biased, why then should we all be forced to pay for them before we listen/watch what we may find unbiased (well, maybe less biased)?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2017, 08:24   #142
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Just read this article below, seems the Brussels Bullsh'ting Co-operative have now become Tinterweb guardians! Since when have they been given the nod to do plods job? And on top of that what happened to the rules about peoples privacy & data protection? Their lawyers keep screeching loudly enough about it when Joe public starts asking questions of the beeb & it's functionaries but it's okay for them to castigate, criminalize & report the proles!

BBC Threatens to Contact Your Boss if an Online Comments is Perceived as Illegal

Willkommen zum Stasi UK!
Barrie Yates likes this.
Old 22-05-2017, 22:12   #143
God Member

BBC didnt show up today to inspect my home

shoudl i lodge a complaint ?

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2017, 08:33   #144
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
BBC didnt show up today to inspect my home

shoudl i lodge a complaint ?
Don't contact them online they'll insist on you getting a licence for using their facilities!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..