Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree96Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2016, 05:53   #1

New Bus Station

I was talking to a bus driver the other day and he informed me that the bus companies were being charged £125 per day to use the new bus station. He also mentioned that they will be charged £225 per day to use the new Blackburn bus station when it's finished. On top of this he said that ticket machines which the bus companies use were owned by the council and were rented out to the bus companies. He said that the Rosso buses were refusing to pay the charge and would not be using the new bus station.
alsteph is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-02-2016, 06:00   #2
Senior Member+

Re: New Bus Station

I often question the logic behind the 'spot on' charge of £2.50 from outside the Castle to the Hare & Hounds...guess we will see an increase
Old 08-02-2016, 15:07   #3
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

If the Rosso buses refuse to use the bus station I hope they have their routes taken off them
Old 08-02-2016, 15:35   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Well i hope all companies refuse to pay the robbing gits.
Old 08-02-2016, 17:10   #5
Beacon of light

I did hear that M&M and Pilkingtons were also not going to use the bus station because the charges were prohibitive.
I don't know how true this is, but if it is true then it looks like only transdev will be occupying stands and it makes a mockery of having a bus station.
Surely all this should have been hammered out with the companies before the project went ahead.
robert49399528 likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 17:17   #6
God Member

looks like maundy grange will be taking over a new property soon with ample parking

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 19:08   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I did hear that M&M and Pilkingtons were also not going to use the bus station because the charges were prohibitive.
I don't know how true this is, but if it is true then it looks like only transdev will be occupying stands and it makes a mockery of having a bus station.
Surely all this should have been hammered out with the companies before the project went ahead.
Dont talk daft, that would mean doing things right.
Old 08-02-2016, 19:33   #8
Beacon of light

Yes, it would....But it would also mean that the bus station was fit for purpose...and that purpose is to have centralised bus services(even though the new bus station could not be considered to be central to the town centre).
It looks like it might be a bit of a white elephant if a number of companies decline to use it.
If the bus routes were taken away from Rosso, M&M and Pilkingtons, then it would be the passengers who were inconvenienced.....not LCC.
Old 08-02-2016, 20:12   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

aye but to them thats better than saying were stupid.
Old 08-02-2016, 20:35   #10
Beacon of light

I think it will be them that look foolish when half the buses in town refuse to use the bus station...and where are these buses going to have their stops if they do not use the bus station?
It will result in a fragmented service....no better than the current situation.
At least Peel St and Infant St are in close proximity.
Old 08-02-2016, 23:00   #11

I didn't know that bus companies had to pay a fee. Have they always, or is this something new? The daily charge does seem excessive.
Michael1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 23:15   #12
God Member

i hope people stay away from this new bus station and support local companies who are been forced out by ridiculous charges

mind you after seeing how HBC treated a popular local taxi driver for having LPG as a fuel source it wouldnt surprise me if these smaller companies get strong armed into compliance

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 09:58   #13
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
...mind you after seeing how HBC treated a popular local taxi driver for having LPG as a fuel source it wouldn't surprise me if these smaller companies get strong armed into compliance
What was the problem with LPG?
Old 09-02-2016, 11:23   #14
Senior Member+

LPG is supposed to be a clean fuel. I once had an astra duel fuel. It failed it's MOT on gas but passed on petrol.
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 11:41   #15
Senior Member+

Looking at the plan of the new bus station it appears to me as though the buses will have to reverse off the stand.
I wonder if they will provide a full time marshalling officer or take pot luck nobody gets squashed.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..